S_swimmer's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Your In-Game Name: S_swimmer
Do you have any alternate accounts that can also play Premium? None.
What is your Timezone? Eastern Standard Time (EST), or GMT - 5
Who has agreed to reference you? (You need AT LEAST 1 staff reference): katman46, lovedaice, Naoh
What is your current real life age? 14 11/12
How many hours have you played on AoD in total? 15 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes
How active are you on the server, and how often do you come on? Despite a bout of inactivity a while ago, I am rather active now and come on about 2 - 4 times a day.
Do you have any past experience staffing in Blocktopia? I am currently staff in the Boxes of Building
What would you say your biggest weakness is, and how would you work to improve it?
My biggest weakness (for AoD) is, by FAR, my occasional capability to get extremely mad (raging). Sometimes when I am not having my greatest day in terms of PvP skills, anger boils up inside me and spreads like a flame through me. I try to stifle my anger as much as I can, but on some occasions it spills out, and once a drop falls, the whole bucket falls. I get angry, I yell at people, I yell at myself, I cry and pull my hair out, and I say self-insulting things, asking people in desperation what is wrong with me. This is a horrible problem I have, and it is something I need to fix, and I realize that. Recently, I have realized how unhealthy this is, and I log off when I feel a situation like it coming forth. To improve this weakness, I would do more of that - logging off before it gets ugly. I also need to understand that there will be people better than me and people who will kill me repeatedly - and to not worry about it as much as I do.
What achievements within Blocktopia are you most proud of?
I am most proud of the bonds I have formed with the people of this community - I started out as a serious annoyance to many on Primordial, but now I have many friends I feel I can trust. I am also proud of the builds I have made on this server and, hopefully, in the future, I will be proud of the Build Team I have started.
Why do you deserve the rank?
I believe I deserve this rank because I have a genuine interest to make this server even better than it is, which I have already taken some steps to do. I believe/hope that I can help this server in the future as well (partly with my skills as a builder, I hope to make lots of maps and other builds for the server).
Add any other extra information here which you think will benefit your application:
As of right now, I can't really think of any. Thanks for taking the time to read this, everyone.

Last edited:

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I can say that you really have grown as a player and a avid contributor to this community. When you first joined I didn't really pay much attention to you but you have shown that you are more than capable of handling the responsibilities we would need you to if you staffed here. I have seen the dedication you have put in to Buildbox and I would love to see you staff here as well. Again though, like it was with me, my only concern would be how you manage staffing two servers at once. Anyway though, take this +1

• Thank You
Reactions: S_swimmer
Y

YouWould

I referenced you partially because you already have staff experience. You already know how to act, and how to be helpful. This application is very thorough, especially with your weakness. I have faith that you will bring the helpfulness that you have on BB to AoD. My only slight concern is your maturity, however I believe it'll improve if you're put on trial. Im giving you a +1. I want to see how you do on trial.

• Thank You

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Add me to your references babe.

I've known you for... Almost 2 years? At least a year and a half, I know that much. And while I've come to put into question your maturity sometimes, I can tell that you're really serious about what you do. I have enjoyed seeing you put your heart into something you love doing. I have no doubt that you'll be a great addition to this Staff team.

Take my +1.

• Thank You

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
Hey Swimmer! Thanks for applying for Trusted :D.

I know the feeling of rage when the game is going poorly on your end. My tip to you is to leave or turn off chat so you can't talk, ( or I can tempban you :^D ) back to the judging. You are staff another server which helps but, AoD is different from BB. Your quite active and helpful almost all the time. You are usually friendly and funny which brings a positive mood to the server. All around a good guy.
+1

• Thank You

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for applying, Swimmer!

At first, I didn't really see you be as helpful as I would want, but after watching you for a bit, I've seen that you've been increasingly trying to help more. You've already got activity covered, but like lovedaice has said, I've sometimes questioned your maturity, but you seem to get serious when need be (plus, it's good to lighten up sometimes, as it helps us know that you are having fun.)

+1

• Thank You

Airkid

Reaction score
Thanks for applying Swimmer!
I feel like you'll make a great addition to the AoD team. I see you helping players frequently and welcoming new players to the server. Activity isn't an issue considering that I see you on often and you live on the other side of the world. As said above, your maturity can be a slight problem, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. Overall, I'm glad you decided to apply. +1

• Thank You

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
why did you not ask me for a reference you derp add me to the reference list right now

This came a bit out of the blue o:

You're active, friendly, helpful, experienced. I've seen you handle people very well. Also, everyone has rage issues, and this:
anger boils up inside me and spreads like a flame through me
pretty much sums up all my experiences with Terre936 being online.

Jokes aside, you're fun and a generally great guy, who can recognize his weaknesses, and beat them! +1 from me!

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.