Runescape Private Server?

Do you want a Private Community Runescape Server?

• Total voters

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
A Runescape Private Server was suggested on Discord and maybe a few people in this Community would be interested in it as an Event.
I'm unsure of whether the dedi would be able to handle/run this Runescape server but the Community Admins would know.
If anyone else here is interested in seeing one be made then vote above and reply.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Private-RuneScape-Server

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I would love to see all of the peeps to get together and make a clan. We could go Wildy and PK or we can do some other things like raids.

I'm still in the progress of getting a foothold with my no cost p2p account (I got my bond ready and I will probably use it when I get crafting to 35)

I know quite a lot of us play Runescape so it would be cool and that it could probably benefit us because things such as raiding make quite a bit of money, especially if you are lucky and get something rare.

Finally I want to point out that OSRS is the better version of Runescape. RS3 is just a bad version of Runescape. WE ALL KNOW THAT OSRS IS BETTER THAN RS3 YOU EOC SCRUBS SO IF YOU PLAY RS3, SWITCH TO THE GOOD VERSION AND PLAY OSRS.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Jagex's ToS said:
Intellectual property rights

You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify any Jagex Product client software in any way (except to the extent allowed by applicable law). You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software or attempt to sub-license it. You must not create or provide any other means by which any Jagex Product may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software, server emulators
(basically means that RSPS's are illegal)

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
9 votes for yes. Looks like there'll be a playerbase for it. About the 'RSPS is illegal' thing, Googling suggests that playing on a private server isn't illegal, but hosting is, which isn't really something we'd like to deal with, however minuscule the chances are anything will actually happen to us. The clan thing seems quite fun though, especially seeing as on the public server there'd be quite a lot more people around. I'm not a Runescape player though, so I'll just let you guys do the discussion.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I personally think a clan would work, having that initial subset of players in this community who do play and the ability to expand to other members of the RS community. RS is a old game, and its community is quite a cool one, so I could see us allowing members to enter; especially if we get some twitch streams going.

If you haven't noticed, RS streams are becoming more and more popular; even I got a couple of people watching my stream when I was tanning leather and collecting cow hide in Lummy which is BORING.