Rule Standardization & Feedback

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
We've already implanted this by way of not requiring majority.

We don't really have the means to attract new players, and I'm sad to say it but it may be time that those who want to play...find somewhere else with a more active base of players :/
honestly we could probably start hosting our setups over on like, mafia universe, since hosts are allowed to reserve sign up spots from what ive seen, meaning for example you can create a closed setup, tag everyone on ER asking who wants a spot, then open sign ups on mafia universe with those people already being signed up, and then a few people at mafia universe join to fill up the rest of the spaces

ive seen someone else from a community i played a game in once do that, so we could do that too

so instead of trying to get new players to come to us, we as a group start hosting our games over on mafia universe, so we still get to play with each other and with each others' setups, but with new people as well

that said, im not entirely sure how many ER mafia people we still have left, so maybe we dont even need to do that, i know dess is playing smp so maybe he'd be interested in playing maf again for example

also there may be other mafia sites you guys would prefer idk, im just most familiar with mafia universe cuz of champs, and its a big enough and public enough forum to not feel like we're invading a different community, it feels very open and public, theres always several games going on, people there come from all over (theres a 'Community:' aspect of everyone's profile showing where they're from, so it feels like a public hub for mafia players [to me at least]) and anyone can host a setup there as long as they have at least 5 posts on the site afaik (and they also have a bot that does votecounts and locks the thread for you when hammer is reached so you don't have to worry about doing those)

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
honestly we could probably start hosting our setups over on like, mafia universe, since hosts are allowed to reserve sign up spots from what ive seen, meaning for example you can create a closed setup, tag everyone on ER asking who wants a spot, then open sign ups on mafia universe with those people already being signed up, and then a few people at mafia universe join to fill up the rest of the spaces

ive seen someone else from a community i played a game in once do that, so we could do that too

so instead of trying to get new players to come to us, we as a group start hosting our games over on mafia universe, so we still get to play with each other and with each others' setups, but with new people as well

that said, im not entirely sure how many ER mafia people we still have left, so maybe we dont even need to do that, i know dess is playing smp so maybe he'd be interested in playing maf again for example

also there may be other mafia sites you guys would prefer idk, im just most familiar with mafia universe cuz of champs, and its a big enough and public enough forum to not feel like we're invading a different community, it feels very open and public, theres always several games going on, people there come from all over (theres a 'Community:' aspect of everyone's profile showing where they're from, so it feels like a public hub for mafia players [to me at least]) and anyone can host a setup there as long as they have at least 5 posts on the site afaik (and they also have a bot that does votecounts and locks the thread for you when hammer is reached so you don't have to worry about doing those)
Tbh I'd be open to this. I do feel very much like trying to run games and get active people on EscRestart has turned into a lot of beating a dead horse, and it's hit the point where even if we can get the numbers to run the game, there simply aren't enough people who give a shit to make the game worthwhile. I'm not particularly familiar with other mafia communities but I'd be open to suggestions from others as well. I know there were a couple of discussions floated around as well about relocating to discord, but I feel like bringing the ER mafia people into a more active forum mafia community might be a better solution here.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Tbh I'd be open to this. I do feel very much like trying to run games and get active people on EscRestart has turned into a lot of beating a dead horse, and it's hit the point where even if we can get the numbers to run the game, there simply aren't enough people who give a shit to make the game worthwhile. I'm not particularly familiar with other mafia communities but I'd be open to suggestions from others as well. I know there were a couple of discussions floated around as well about relocating to discord, but I feel like bringing the ER mafia people into a more active forum mafia community might be a better solution here.
yeah I'm not sure relocating to discord would actually change anything, unless you know of extra people who would play discord mafia with us

but what does our glorious leader Alisha think of all this

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just found out that you have to have played in at least 1 game there in order to host a game on mafiauniverse, so if we did start playing there, the host would have to play a game there before hosting (maybe we could all choose a game to join together that's being hosted by a stranger, so that we all unlock the ability to host). myself and tim have already played a game there though so I guess we could also be the first host for us, and after everyone's played that then we all are able to host