Roses are red...

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
It is almost Valentine's day, and with that we added a fun feature on the server during the coming week. You can now marry players, though you can only marry ONE player!

Have a lovely time!

Commands

• /marry - Shows commands, version, authors and info
  • /marry <name> - Marry a player (also tracks the player if you use a part of the name)
  • /marry list - Shows all married players
  • /marry divorce - Divorce with your partner
  • /marry gift - Gift the current item in your hand to your partner

There is a possibility some other feature(s) with this plugin will be added, but I want to double-check it with Qube

D

DarkHender

I want to marry more than 1 player :C but but. okay.. I will pick one lovely player.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pikmon2

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Have a lovely time!
I don't mean to come off rude or speak out of place, these are just thought's that roll around my head seeing this.
As I'm sure people will, in exploiting the /marry gift command as well as the fact that theres no stated cooldown or limit besides only one active marriage to /marry username and /marry divorce commands.

Perhaps a cooldown on /gift? like once an hour? Ten minutes? Sure its a nice command and everything.
I love the command, but in my mind I see someone going naked to the pvp zone and getting killed once or twice then running back naked again only to have the married partner funnel items to them as in a baiting situation. Your own fault to fall for it though.

Or in another instance person a has friend A online right now marries them to swap item and friend A has to leave and friend B, well a quick /divorce and /marry and its onto another funnelcake. Said friends standing idle next to a chest doing nothing but acting as a limited /item give.

I honestly think there should be some more perminance to this, like a 30 day limit on /marry and same with /divorce. Maybe even has to post a legit appeal on the forum to annul the marriage.
Because honestly it gives me the vib that marriage is being taken as a joke.
Married the wrong person? Should've put more concept in the idea of 'marriage'. You can go ahead and /divorce right away but you have to wait.

Though I have less rant if its called 'dating'.

As for features, why not have like a special announcement when a couple reaches milestones? I know a year might be a long time, but attatch a reward on it? Perchance the idea of every two months be an official anniversary?

Special married only quests and dungeons? married couple competitions etc. I could go on and on but this isnt the time.

Again, sorry if I come off rude. o.o

• Disagree
Reactions: Pikmon2

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, why is everyone taking this so seriously? This made me smile when I read it, and I think it's absolutely hilarious, and a great small "event" for Valentine's Day! Nowhere was it stated that it would be permanent, and staff are already aware (for the most part) of the potential ways this could be abused - and we will punish accordingly. Just remember that this is all for fun, and this is a game - if a marriage plugin can't be added without problems, I don't know what can!