Lava Survival RoF Data Loss Incident

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
It's not a pretty situation. It's about roadkill levels of gruesome, I'd say. Except more toxic, as it's the internet.

Last Wednesday, our server reached maximum capacity, and RoF's data files storing tokens, vaults, and achievements glitched out and effectively erased themselves. Prestige Points would have been affected, but nothing was modified, so nothing was overwritten. Inventories of users who have logged in during this time have also been affected.

Achievements will automatically rebuild themselves, and have been restored anyway from a backup from the 3rd of this month, just before the server was updated for Prestige. Tokens have been restored from a backup from the 11th, 5 days ago. Vaults have not had a monthly backup yet, so have been completely erased. The effect on inventories will depend on whether a user has logged in during the time the issue was active for, so restoration for this will come on a user-by-user basis upon request.

If you require any reimbursement for any lost possessions, I've set up a form to try and keep my PM box fairly clear. The link is at https://goo.gl/forms/2KDa8hfmMPM4SZSr2. Please answer in as much detail as possible to make this easier for all of us. I'll try to review things fairly sharpish, although my schedule will be busy for the next week due to exams and other work. Don't try to use this as a quick way to get a few extra cookies - I can see who has logged on in this timeframe and I will take action if you try to use this as such. It's about as smart as trying to take the diamond blocks from the lobby tutorial during the lobby exploding event. Yes, I did catch that, and you're lucky I have tons of other things I need to do right now. Back on topic, though.

SMP has also been having issues potentially relating to this, so you'll be delighted to know it isn't just my incompetence that's caused things! If you discover any other issues with lost or corrupted data on servers, please contact the relevant server admin to let them know ASAP. We need to know what's happened to what in order to sort things out, although we're hoping this shouldn't need to be the case. This thread will be updated with extra info if any arises.

Huge apologies to those affected by this - if we'd have expected this to happen, we would have done something before, but alas, things happen.

Thanks for your understanding.
-SirC