Robo's building tips and tricks thread

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Hi, im roboboy777. And welcome to my Building Tips and Tricks thread! This will (hopefully) teach all the newer builders out there a thing or two about building.

So lets start!

First off, you (obviously) need to know what you're planning on biulding. So lets say, just for the sake of this beginner guide, we're building a house. A simple survival house that anyone is able to build.

Step 1: The base
So to start out your house you need a base, or the starting shape in which you build off of. First draw an outline for the base, then fill it in, as this will now become your floor.

Step 2: Walls
So now that you have your base done with, you need your walls. Now just build up the chosen hight for your wall (recommended hight is 4 blocks).

Step 3: Ceiling
\/\/\/
<pic>
Step 4: Roof
Now that you have your floor, walls, and ceiling you need a roof to cap it all off. (No one likes a dull, flat roof with nothing else to see). You can either decide to make it a pointed roof or a pointed roof with a flattend edge.

Step 5: Finishing touches
Now add the door, and lastly place down the windows. Now just to furnish it. Add everything you would need in a Minecraft house (even if you're still just playing in creative mode); crafting table, furnace, chest, etc.

Congratulations! Your house is done!

Tips and Tricks:
Now that you've finished your house its time to get into some of my Tips and Tricks. Not JUST for building houses, but for building anything you can imagine.

Reverse phsycology:
Think: (assumeing you're making an office) what would you think to find in an office? Maybe a fileing cabnet, or a laptop. Whatever you can think of that would fit in your chosen building.

Not just the square ones:
You don't only have to use regular blocks for detail. You have a HUGE variaty of differnet things, bits, and bobs to use. Look around your creative inventory. See what you can find!

Detail:
Refering to the previous tip, theres so many things you can use for detail, from a item frame to a brewing stand, all kinds of little bits that could enhance your detail for your building. (this tip can also help you with your reverse phsycology down to scale).

Well I think thats it for now. I will be updateing this soon so if you belive I missed something, tell me down below as a reply.
I will be adding pictures soon. So stay tuned.

And remember: Always have fun and "Rock out with your block out!". ;)

P.S. Im not the best at explaining,my knowledge. Rex, or someone older then me could do better. But as I said "i will be updateing this soon.".

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MikeTang