Riketr's AoD Map Loremaking Thread!

Riketr

Reaction score
I decided that I wanted to begin making lore for AoD maps. For those of you who don't know what lore is (I had to teach that to someone today already) it's basically a backstory. So that being said, I've made lore for Divided and AvenguardKeep, and they are shown below.

Divided (Survivor Perspective)

I am Goldborn. We lived in harmony with those born of wood, stone, and diamond. But those days are past us. Years ago, the Stoneborn rebelled with the gear of our ancestors, the Ironborn, and wiped the Woodborn and Diamondborn from existence. We were the only ones who escaped with our lives. After that, they mysteriously vanished.
Now, we have returned to what remains of our homeland to salvage relics of our brethren. But my instincts tell me that we are not alone. One of us is the Stoneborn leader, who releases another soldier with every one of us killed. Not even they remember their role. It could be your best friend. It could be me. It could be anyone. Soon, they shall be reminded of their role, and they shall bear the gear of the Ironborn that we fear. We must use what remains of our homeland to survive. Only time will tell if we actually do.

Divided (Hunter Perspective)

I am Stoneborn. Years ago, we killed off those who would stop our rise to power with the gear of our Ironborn ancestors. Only those filthy Goldborn escaped. Once the city was empty, we went off into seclusion. Our leader went out to spy on those who survived. Not even he remembers his identity. But we shall remind him eventually.
The Goldborn have returned to claim what those we killed left behind. This is the perfect time to bring our leader back. We must still remain in hiding, but we shall be freed with the blood of the enemy. Due to our adaptation to underground life and our life bondage, once the leader is revealed, we cannot survive for 10 minutes unless the rest of the Goldborn are eliminated completely. This is our chance to redeem our failure to kill the Goldborn. This is the time we rise again.

AvenguardKeep (Survivor Perspective) (There will be no hunter perspective)

DEFENSE JOURNAL #3817 - RIKETR

The undead have always been a threat to Avenguard Keep, humanity's last stronghold. They have endlessly worn away at our walls, night after night, week after week, month after month, year after year. This is the tenth year of my service to the Defense Squad. In all these years, we have been driven further into the keep. They recently just broke down our last wall, and nowhere in the keep is safe.
This is the last night of torment, their final push. And they brought in their king, who, well, gave the rest of the defense life after death. Cleverly disguised as one of our men, he penetrates deep into our defenses. For the time, he has given himself a new identity as a survivor of the fall of the inner wall. In a few minutes, that will be destroyed, and their leader will reveal himself, and raise a strong attack force from those of us who die. If we can survive just ten more minutes after that, the undead will disappear from the earth, and we may rebuild. The pending question is: Will we live to see another day, or will we just fall and join our fallen comrades in life after death?
-Riketr

So there you have it - three sample pieces of lore! I will take requests to make lore for your maps. It should be ready about 15-30 minutes after I read it!

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
Say i make a map, this would be its lore:

Hunter: Why the hell do I have too wear this heavy pumpkin which is lit up? Im burning my hair.

Survivor: Wow look at that guy running at us, he sure does have a good halloween effect with that hat! Wait, he's charging at us with a massive axe and looks like he's gonna kill us, not again...

Nice but do you mean as a bit of fun? I think you do but you may mean it as an acctually prospective of AoD. :confused:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
The undead have always been a threat to Avenguard Keep, humanity's last stronghold. They have endlessly worn away at our walls, night after night, week after week, month after month, year after year. This is the tenth year of my service to the Defense Squad. In all these years, we have been driven further into the keep. They recently just broke down our last wall, and nowhere in the keep is safe.
Is this attack on titan

• Agree
Reactions: Love