Rick and Morty - The Non Canonical Mafia Game - Guess we're not getting to post 2000 :(

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
anyway

i agree with hunter (and ender i think) on wanting a proper hard claim from you. Your role can't be that helpful if you all you do is learn obnoxiously useless names such as 'king flippy nips', outside of judging whether or not they qualify as terrorists in the rick and morty canon (do note that this game is non-canonical, too).

that said, i'm confused as to why the birdperson role can get birdflu in addition to someone else. If i had to guess i'd say that either birds are the only ones to be able to get bird flu, or birds give other people bird flu. That that said, my role name is, canonically, pretty displaced from the concept of the galactic federation and galactic terrorists so i'd say that's another thing supporting the notion of us having no idea how close to canon we can expect the alignments/roles to be.

that that that said, mr meeseeks can we get some indication of that or no
There's a reason why I'm choosing not to hard claim at this moment in time, I mean if I need to obviously I will but I feel like it would be a bad idea, and I personally think it's worth being as vague yet as informative as I can, even though it might be annoying.

Also I thought that with it saying "Non-canonical" it was a joke like "this shouldn't be recorded as canonical for fans of the series" rather than a "this doesn't align with the series" so that's why I still believed it was relevant, but who knows I guess

And with regards to the bird flu, I'll say again that with the context and heavily implied text I was given, I can't see how it makes sense that Arelic has bird flu, even taking into account t the real-world bird flu nature. On one hand I'm slightly more trusting of her since I don't know how she would have been able to know I got bird flu, for her to be able to copy me to seem legit, if she didn't legitimately get it herself (although she could be some kind of Josef/Joseph/Ooglie wirer/tapper spy role that sees host messages to players and chose me last night), but on the other hand, it just doesn't make sense to me how she could have gotten it, so a part of me feels like she must be lying.

Also I find it kinda hard to believe that Aqua made a Rick and Morty game and didn't stick at least relatively close to the story of the show when assigning factions (e.g enemies of the galactic federation, who he specifically described town as, as Mafia), but that's just me

So all in all I'm suspicious of Arelic and do find her vibing weirdly too so

Although I'd also be interested in getting someone else today too since if Arelic is infected then she'll die tonight anyway and if she's alive tomorrow then we can deal with her then (and if I'm alive as well as her, we can infer that either we have 2 doctor-type roles or Arelic is lying and wasn't infected), and by that point we'll hopefully have more roles alongside factions to work with to decide whether or not her being Birdman suggests she's Mafia or not

I'm getting weird vibes from mariosatr right now and I also feel like lynching Danni would be a decent option so I'd probably consider voting on those two people out of anyone so far, if I had to name names

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(Also I know that me just saying that Arelic getting bird flu doesn't make sense with the information I have isn't very helpful u less you believe in town but if I go into specifics, 1) it's still going to be about whether or not you think I'm making it up or not and 2) it reveals Information that I personally think would be better kept quiet for today)

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'll leave it up to you to be the judge
yay great

Seeing as bird flu (in real life) is a disease that comes from wild birds and can infect humans, my guess is that Arelic's role starts with bird flu (if she is Bird person) and people who visit her get infected with it too.

This does seem kind of strange considering she'd be a role that dies on Night 1 without the help of a doctor or something and if my guess is correct that would mean there has to be a protective/doctor role in this game. Also Inffy could be lying about his role being able to "see" roles and only knows Arelic's role because of the flu.

I'm thinking that Inffy could be scum while Arelic comes across as third party for me. But that's just a wild guess, got-damn.
i'm on board with this theory.

I'd say being informed who gave you bird flu is a weird way to structure a role (how do you win by infecting and killing everyone if the first person is told that you visited them and they're now going to die), so my proposal is Inf could be some kind of role that is told who visits him, so the information he got last night was "claire visited you" and "you have bird flu now". This explains why he didn't give a role name but immediately asked for a claim, accompanied by his hint of 'feathers' (this is provided his claim of knowing her role name was a bluff based on the fact that as someone pointed out, birdperson is basically the only bird-related character in the show).

alternatively, maybe he does learn role names and nothing else, i dunno. That doesn't seem like a remotely useful ability, as i mentioned earlier though (unless there are roles that are based around name shenanigans, which is possible given the theme i suppose).

i don't disagree with the notion that they're possibly in cahoots either but it doesn't seem the most likely to me rn, though it being a fake claim would explain why inf inexplicably only knows claire's role name.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Stop editing my posts, got-damn.

I wouldn't say only learning role names is too farfetched but the way Inffy played it out seemed to be like he didn't actually know Arelic's role (Jivvi explains it better).

Inffy's latest response (fuck quoting things on mobile) is really weird to me too. Oog asked why Inf voted Danni, to which Inf replies asking Oog why he voted Danni . Inf didn't really give a reason unless I missed it earlier for lynching Danni so would appreciate it if he would elaborate on that.

Jivvi, as a non-intellectual, could you explain this Unity cult thing to me.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There's a reason why I'm choosing not to hard claim at this moment in time, I mean if I need to obviously I will but I feel like it would be a bad idea, and I personally think it's worth being as vague yet as informative as I can, even though it might be annoying.
so you're saying there is more to your role and if so, do you have more information about claire?
Also I thought that with it saying "Non-canonical" it was a joke like "this shouldn't be recorded as canonical for fans of the series" rather than a "this doesn't align with the series" so that's why I still believed it was relevant, but who knows I guess
who knows but i can definitely see how it would be easier to make thematic roles and sort them into teams based on role, rather than try to shoehorn roles and alignments onto pre-existing characters
And with regards to the bird flu, I'll say again that with the context and heavily implied text I was given, I can't see how it makes sense that Arelic has bird flu, even taking into account t the real-world bird flu nature. On one hand I'm slightly more trusting of her since I don't know how she would have been able to know I got bird flu, for her to be able to copy me to seem legit, if she didn't legitimately get it herself (although she could be some kind of Josef/Joseph/Ooglie wirer/tapper spy role that sees host messages to players and chose me last night), but on the other hand, it just doesn't make sense to me how she could have gotten it, so a part of me feels like she must be lying.
iirc you can't copy and paste but can you share what and how the text tells you have bird flu?
also your confusion about how she knows about bird flu is explained by assuming she's the source and either has/spreads it like jolt said or just nows you have it because she gave it to you and is lying about having it herself, trying to bait our doctor into healing her, and securing a kill on you. This would mean that it's more believable for the two of you to be in cahoots since you've stated you trust her more based on a revelation that potentially makes her more suspicious.

another note, if claire's role is basically a serial killer poisoner, then I doubt that she's third party since (assuming she is a poisoner role) she's being pretty ambitious by also claiming to have the bird flu and making herself an option for the doctor (maybe if the doctor visits her the doctor will get bird flu, on top of letting inf die). The problem with that is that once Inf dies, people will probably turn on her so i'd say she either stands to gain something from securing a kill such as an extra life, or she's working with other players who can win once she gets found out and lynched (or maybe she only needs two kills and if it pans out as above and the doctor can't heal themselves, she wins)

theory might be getting a little excessive but at the same time this is a closed setup with no death role reveals so we have absolutely no idea what's going on in terms of setup, teams, complexity, specific interactions, etc

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jivvi, as a non-intellectual, could you explain this Unity cult thing to me.
character is basically a 'hive mind' that inhabits the bodies of people and controls them. taking over new people is done by a possessed person vomiting into their mouth iirc so that'd work pretty well as a simple night visit ability

• Thank You
Reactions: Jolterino

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
adding on a bit what i was getting at is that the character means there's a fairly straightforward thematic way of incorporating a cult faction into the game so there might be one, which is handy because often in closed setups you've got no idea. could also not be a thing in this game but i wouldn't complain if so

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Oh I also wanted to open a discussion on the planet orientated aspect of the game. We are on earth right now, what could that mean for certain characters, is it possible that players have extra abilities during this day (or next night for that reason, although it seems to me the planet bases aspect would take effect during the day)

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh I also wanted to open a discussion on the planet orientated aspect of the game. We are on earth right now, what could that mean for certain characters, is it possible that players have extra abilities during this day (or next night for that reason, although it seems to me the planet bases aspect would take effect during the day)
this is a good point, i'd imagine at some point we end up on pluto and notty's(?) role would have done something there since she was the king of pluto or something like that. similarly, unity (canonically) is an entire planet's people so if we end up there maybe that'll have some cult shenanigans.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This explains why he didn't give a role name
I did give a role name?

I wouldn't say only learning role names is too farfetched but the way Inffy played it out seemed to be like he didn't actually know Arelic's role (Jivvi explains it better).
How?

Inffy's latest response (fuck quoting things on mobile) is really weird to me too. Oog asked why Inf voted Danni, to which Inf replies asking Oog why he voted Danni . Inf didn't really give a reason unless I missed it earlier for lynching Danni so would appreciate it if he would elaborate on that.
Well I didn't want to draw attention to it but it's not like you to randomly vote people like that afaik so I feel like you have a good reason to vote him?
My reason being that Oog must have a reason (i.e. evidence) for voting for Danni, because as far as I know, Oog never or rarely votes randomly like that unless it's an obvious joke, regardless of his faction
also your confusion about how she knows about bird flu is explained by assuming she's the source and either has/spreads it like jolt said or just nows you have it because she gave it to you and is lying about having it herself, trying to bait our doctor into healing her, and securing a kill on you. This would mean that it's more believable for the two of you to be in cahoots since you've stated you trust her more based on a revelation that potentially makes her more suspicious.
No because Arelic didn't poison me, I was poisoned as a result of visited Arelic, and I can't understand why Arelic would be told about it due to the context that I have.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
not only is it annoying, it's also marking you as a possibly important pr for the mafia, while giving us nothing besides "i have this information which i won't share with you but is totally legit and the theory i've crafted based on it is totally legit, too, trust me guys!!!"

And with regards to the bird flu, I'll say again that with the context and heavily implied text I was given, I can't see how it makes sense that Arelic has bird flu
exactly the same point

I don't know how she would have been able to know I got bird flu, for her to be able to copy me to seem legit, if she didn't legitimately get it herself
this invalidates your entire "arelic is guilty because she says she's got the flu" argument

• Disagree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
not only is it annoying, it's also marking you as a possibly important pr for the mafia, while giving us nothing besides "i have this information which i won't share with you but is totally legit and the theory i've crafted based on it is totally legit, too, trust me guys!!!"
And claiming will change that how exactly? If I claim you guys are still going to have to assess whether or not you believe me or not, which nobody will because it's me, and then the mafia has even more to work with. And yes I've made it pretty clear I'm a PR and stuck a target on my back because I'm trying to get someone who I think is mafia lynched before I possibly die tonight from bird flu.

this invalidates your entire "arelic is guilty because she says she's got the flu" argument
When have I ever made that argument :thinking:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also I feel like I've given enough information/research to show why I think Arelic is mafia, so it's not like I'm refusing to reveal anything, I've revealed the main points of why I'm suspicious of her

Literally all claiming will do is make what I do official which has 0 use to town as far as I can tell

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also I feel like I've given enough information/research to show why I think Arelic is mafia, so it's not like I'm refusing to reveal anything, I've revealed the main points of why I'm suspicious of her

Literally all claiming will do is make what I do official which has 0 use to town as far as I can tell
claiming has 0 use*, my ability does have a use