REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Dire Streets {(SIGN-UP)}

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
REVIVAL OF MAFIA: DIRE STREETS

In modern day times, gangs have been pictured as disorganized, mindless thugs vying for control over a small square of land. They’re just a bunch of teenagers trying to mimic the old factions that once roamed the scene in hundreds, becoming leaders in organized crime. Now, everyone hides in the internet, doing business transactions while cloaked with the anonymity of technology.

But what if someone looked back to the old times? What if there were a group of people that were daring enough to start a renaissance of sorts, bringing back the past imagery of gun-totting thugs and expensive suits?

With dedication, any sort of things can be accomplished. And if someone is dedicated enough to plunge their world into one immersed in crime, little can be done to stop it.

It’s up to you; are you dedicated to saving your town, or letting it burn?

Let the games begin!!!

General Info:

This game will have an open setup: you WILL know which roles exist.

Nothing wrong with a good roleplaying game. Feel free to join in with your own character with your own quirks and such! However, this is definitely not required.

It may be fun, but it is somewhat serious: sign-up if you know you’ll be a decently active player. However, as I will reiterate later, THERE IS NO REAL BIG SKILL REQUIREMENT. So long as you know the basics you’re good to go.

Have fun, most important part!

Da rules, as written by Alpha and modified by GmK:
  1. Be respectful and polite.

- You can NOT edit posts. Make a double post instead. (Editing posts should be disabled in any case)
    - After you have died you are allowed to post one last statement, that is not related to the game. Afterwards your posting permission will be revoked from the game.
    - If you have not signed up to play mafia, do not post in the game thread.
    - Do not rate posts (ex. Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree) after you die in mafia. Rating posts instead of making posts while you are alive is discouraged as well, as the posts are the life of mafia.
    - You are not allowed to use the -In a conversation- status as a tool against someone.
    - NEVER post a screenshot with PM's. If you do, you will be kicked from the game with no chance of alternates replacing you.

Honesty and Cheating
    • In all interactions with the moderator, you must be honest.
    • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game unless specifically allowed to by the moderator. When allowed, only do so in the specific manner allowed. You are free to talk to people about the game in a way of alerting them to new posts, etc., as long as you dont talk about things happening.
    • Do not attempt to access another player's information by technological means (such as hacking).
    • Do nothing that would be considered cheating.
Gaming the System
  • Do not quote your role PM, take a screen capture of it, etc. You may paraphrase the role PM.
  • Do not attempt to analyze the mechanics of a role PM in comparison to other players. For example, "the fourth word of my role PM is town." Or "my PM was sent at 11:23, when was yours?"
  • Do not attempt to use a system of robust cryptography, etc. Do not use small or invisible text to attempt to avoid detection.
  • Actions that involve "bets" or other outside-the-game contrivances to try to confirm a player are prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to, avatar bets, replacement bets, etc.
  • At no time should there be pre-game alliances made.
Activity
  • You are expected to be an active participant in your game. Do not flake.
  • If you know you are going to be absent a particular amount of time, post in game and PM the moderator that you will be V/LA. Please include the date you plan to be back and posting.
Lynching
  • Each player gets a single vote to use during the day that they may change as many times as they wish to vote for any player.
  • When a majority of players are voting for an certain player, that player is "lynched" and removed from the game.
  • Players may vote for "No Lynch." If at least half of the players vote for a "No Lynch," the day ends without a lynch.
Behavior
  • No racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. language may be used.
  • Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. It is the nature of the game that players will be antagonistic toward each other at times. However, it should always be kept in the spirit of a game.
  • Always play to your win condition. Never sabotage your team's chances simply because you're angry at them.
  • Do not discuss ongoing games in the game.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else.
The Moderator
  • The Moderator will post frequent vote counts.
  • The moderator reserves the right to alter any rule in the game including any of the rules found in this document.
  • If the moderator makes a mistake on a vote count, please address it in thread in bold.
  • PM the moderator with other concerns.
  • The moderator has the final say.
About voting:
To vote, use the format of vote username. Yes, it must be bolded. Preferably, put this at the end of your post.

Whenever you want to No-Lynch, Abstain, or Unvote, the same formula goes.

For a vote to go through, a majority of the players must have voted on the same subject. When this occurs, everyone stops talking while the host wraps up the day events and prepares for the night portion of the game.

Night and Day:
As per usual, days will go on until a voting resolution is reached. This can change, however, if there is an activity lull or players have not reached a decision in some time.

Nights will generally last two-three days at most, depending on how fast power roles respond.

Roles:
To use a role: To use any role given in this game, the only way to use your ability is to PM the host. So if your ability gives you the power to kill someone at night, you have to PM the host saying who you want to kill during nighttime hours. For day abilities, send a PM during day hours saying what you shall do with your ability.

(A ^ designates a role with a night ability. A ~ designates a role with a day ability. A + designates a role with no real ability. A ? marks a miscellaneous role.)

Town-Sided:

^-Investigator = the cop that patrols a nearby street. They have the ability to investigate one player during the night.

^-Surgeon General = a well-respected medical official. They have the ability to protect one player during the night. Can only protect themselves once.

~-Protestor = an individual against the turmoil of the town. During the day, they can post anonymous statements (send a PM to the host and he will post the statement). They can also send messages directly to a specific player (once again, through the host).

^-Witness = someone that can see the goings-on of the area. At night, they can watch one person and see who visits them.

~-Politician = a government official attempting to create a positive change. They have double-vote power twice. Can only activate once per day.

?-SWAT Officer = member of a SWAT force dispatched in the area. They can choose to either block an action or investigate during the night or fire a shot during the day. Each action can only be done once.

+-Citizen (x7) = regular town member.

Mafia sided:

^-Leader = the head of the gang. They decide on who to kill during the night. They also have investigative immunity.

^-Scout = a member of the gang that sneaks around town. At night, they can investigate a player and determine their role. However, if a power role is visiting the Scout and/or their target, no results are given.

~^-Propagandist = the ‘voice’ of the gang. They can choose to scramble results either during the day or night. Scrambling will cause a random role to be applied to a deceased player (ex: Player A is a townie and is lynched; if Propagandist decided to scramble, they could appear as Officer, etc.). Can use this ability only once. Scrambling CAN apply to the Propagandist is they happen to die when they chose to use their ability, unless they were roleblocked (see Chain of Command section).

^-The Lieutenant = the second-in-command of the mafia. They inherit the kill power first if the Leader is killed. Investigative immunity IS NOT passed. If both the Lieutenant and Leader are dead, the Scout and Propagandist decide between themselves who takes kill power. Whoever does loses their ability.

+-Soldier = a regular mafia member. They are the last member to inherit kill power; all other roles will inherit it before the Soldier does.

Third Party:

?-The Fence = an anonymous individual that acts as the middle man in the town. They can contact a role anonymously through the host. They can also give a gun to a player of their choice. Whoever fires the gun will be announced. If the gun is not used when it is given, it cannot be used later and expires. The Fence CAN be shot by a gun they distribute.

^-The Drifter = the typical third-party role. Can choose to kill a player during the night. However, there is a twist: they can steal the role of the first person they kill if they so desire. If they decide not to or do not make a decision by the end of the day, they remain as essentially a Serial Killer.
The Chain of Command:
Hit priorities: Whoever is the fastest to firing the gun. For example, if the Drifter sends a hit against the Propagandist before they choose to scramble results, results are not scrambled.
Current action priorities: If a player is killed and he had an action in use PRIOR to someone sending in a PM attacking him, it will carry through. So if the Leader sends in a hit but has a hit sent against themselves by the Drifter, both hits go through.

Doctor protection circumvents this. If the Surgeon General happens to be visiting the Leader that night, they will survive.

Win Conditions:

For Town: The Mafia must be eliminated, as well as all third party roles. The Fence will be the major winner if they survive long enough to get the joint-win, so if the town wants total victory, he/she must be cut out of the picture.

For Mafia: The gang must equal half of the players remaining or obtain a majority. They take win precedence over the Drifter if they stay as a Serial Killer.

For Third Party: For the Fence to win, they must survive long enough in the game until one side claims victory; they then joint-win with that faction. The Drifter’s win conditions can change depending on what role they pick. If they remain a Serial Killer, they must be the last one standing.

The Fence cannot joint-win with the Serial Killer. If it so happens that both third party roles are the last ones standing, the SK takes priority. If the Fence somehow winds up the last one standing, they can solo-win, but this is unlikely. You’d have to be left with three players, including the Drifter acting as SK. Then whoever the Fence gave the gun to for the day would have to shoot the other player.

Just trying to explain things out so everything is understandable.

But if you have questions, feel free to ask me at any time during the game. I will respond as fast as possible.

Wanna Play? Sign Up!

For this game, players of any experience level are welcome. If you wish to join, just say Sign me up. Slots will not be dictated by ‘old vs. new player’. It’s first come, first serve.

I’m thinking around 16 players for this particular game, but that number can change depending on the turnout. When that number is achieved, role PMs will be configured and sent out.

We’ll play with 12 players at minimum and 20 players maximum. Roles can be added/taken away depending on turnout.

IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE, NO MATTER WHAT ROLE YOU GET, DO NOT FORFEIT AND JUST GIVE YOURSELF UP.
If, for some reason, you will not be able to play, send me a PM telling me how long you will be gone. Depending on numbers, we can possibly run some reserve slots if people are interested. But we won’t go over 20 regular players.

==Sign Ups List==
Infected_alien8_
Ltin
Vatumok
Dessern5
Timdood3
Mulberry
Notme
Runemen4
hipman500
Duffie
Samlen
Geekenstein
Friendly
PoeDameron
Nottykitten
Ooglie101
The Road to Ruin
webpaige
CaffeinatedKitty
superhalo6

Last edited:
Reactions: Notme and JKangaroo

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
✋ pick me!

I don't even know if that will appear.

Just a heads up, I have had a game for a while that I have just kinda been sitting on. If Mars gets a solid number of players (I would say at least the 16 he is hoping for) I will follow.

Also relevant: ️
:'( it didnt work

Last edited:
Reactions: MarsKid

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Picky! Fine. Seeing as you're still among the first five I'll give you fudge.

Yes, this was the first result on Google Images, and it's THE BEST YOU'LL GET :mad:

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Bienvenidos to the fiesta!

8 players so far, which is AWESOME! But I know we can do better. Bring your friends! Your Mom! Your Dad! Sistser, Grandma, Grandpa. Even your cousins! Bring the cousins of your cousins!

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
This looks like a lot of fun, but unfortunately I won't be able to join due to time constraints :(.

I just want to say though that medieval mafia was one of my absolute favorite games, though this is largely because I felt like i made the play of my lifetime in that game. I remember spending hours on that fake cop claim xD

Reactions: MarsKid

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Open is easier than Closed, as the roles are known to the public rather than hidden. Doesn't mean people can't claim and shenanigans like that.

Welcome to the fun!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.