Bug Report [Resolved] Heil MacDickbag, mein Führer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, that was bloody eventful. MacDickbagTarvish seems to be getting a bit big headed as an admin I feel. Making rules up and enforcing them whenever he pleases. To give a bit of perspective;
We are all having a dandy old time having a party on Fastfood, round starts and shortly into the round 3 bass canons were used, by separate people. Granted, this was annoying as fuck especially as even I died from it (I was a T as well) but the round was shortly over and the T's lost. Next thing I see is Tarvish slaying two of the people that used the bass canon, out of the blue with no warning or anything. This caused a bit of a stir and I argued that it was absolutely dumb as shit. If the weapon is in the game, they should be able to use it to give them an upper hand and if that causes glitches that make Tarvish salty then get rid of it from the server, not keep it in and slay people for it.

So the next round those two guys were slain so nothing happened to them, but the bass canon was still used once and then a notice pops up on the screen, by Mac, saying something along the lines of "Anyone who spams the basscanon again will be banned" (Again, spamming it from one person is not possible, I tried) and so, as you can imagine, the canon was used again and Mac pretty instantaneously banned one of the people using it stating that he spammed it, like I said - can't spam it so clearly there were two culprits.

This caused another stir in the players with quite a large amount of people telling him how stupid and unfair it was to ban him.

THEN I use the bass canon (primarily to test if it can be spammed) and as I thought, it can't be- like I've said a million times. I bring this up to Mac and boom - 30 minute ban for apparently "Testing his patience".

GG MacHitler, you've really made a good impression on the new players after being back for a measly 2 days. *Slow clap*

Edit: My bad, apparently you can spam it - despite that it still isn't the players fault. I, myself, spam weapons such as the bass canon, just to ensure it has actually fired - so slaying someone with now warning is still absolutely ridiculous.

• Confusing
  • Useful
Reactions: Jivvi and Notme

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Spoken to Mac about this already, not entirely sure why this post was created since it seems to have been dealt with now but hey-ho!

Anyways basically the idea is supposed to be that if someone is consistently abusing the bass cannon glitch intentionally and after being warned for it, they can be slain. (Bass cannon glitch = double clicking in two different spots, creating both a temporary bass cannon effect and a permanent one which is a massive obstructive killing machine slap bang in the middle of a map). We only punish when it's excessive and intentionally abused after being given a clear warning that it isn't okay, and certainly only ban when it is very excessive.

Mac is clear on this now so this shouldn't be a problem in the future, sincerest apologies for anyone affected by this, I will personally take the blame since I guess I didn't make it clear enough to everyone how this rule should be enforced when we were discussing it a while ago.

Red Guy

Reaction score
I think it was a pretty weird decision of him that he banned you for testing his Patience and I think it was wrong of him. MacTarvish also should have warned the People before banning/kicking them so I can understand why you complain about it. In the end I think the People should get unbanned and MacTarvish should get a Warning that he shouldn't do these things ever again.

Greetings Blue Guy

Reaction score
Spoken to Mac about this already, not entirely sure why this post was created since it seems to have been dealt with now but hey-ho!
(I created the post before I spoke to you about it, just didn't finish writing it all out and I feel it is an issue that needs to be handled more than a bit of a talking to).

This isn't the first time I have seen, or experienced, Mac's abusive tendencies. And every time he seems to get away with it. I'm not suggesting to outright demote him, but there really should be more of a punishment than just talking to him.

Not only was he abusive about the whole bass canon thing, he banned me for arguing with him and really did not make a good impression on the players and made me feel very unwelcome and hesitant to continue playing on the server.(I was sent the chat log after I got banned).

Reactions: Red Guy

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(I created the post before I spoke to you about it, just didn't finish writing it all out and I feel it is an issue that needs to be handled more than a bit of a talking to).

This isn't the first time I have seen, or experienced, Mac's abusive tendencies. And every time he seems to get away with it. I'm not suggesting to outright demote him, but there really should be more of a punishment than just talking to him.

Not only was he abusive about the whole bass canon thing, he banned me for arguing with him and really did not make a good impression on the players and made me feel very unwelcome and hesitant to continue playing on the server.(I was sent the chat log after I got banned).
According to him he banned you not for arguing but for abusing the glitch after giving the server good warning that doing it wasn't okay and would lead to a ban (which I agree was too harsh but still, he was only keeping his word from what I gather). Also I don't recall another time where he's abused so I'm not sure what you mean about his abusive tendencies, as far as I know it's just been over the past two days where he's caused an issue. Anyway MacTarvish it's probably best for you two to discuss this yourselves, either here or in private.

(EDIT: Oh and also just so everyone's clear, the ban was only for 30 minutes so they are unbanned now Red Guy)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Like I said in private, that's complete and utter bullshit. I used the thing once to test if I could spam it or buy it again, and this was mid round he banned me so he could of checked the logs to see that I only used it once but clearly he is just too lazy and obnoxious.

He banned me because I argued with him and was proving him completely wrong, he is uses the fact that "I spammed it" as an excuse.

I'm sorry but I find this utterly pathetic. I wouldn't have such an issue with this if I had indeed spammed it, but the fact that you are not even listening to me or doing anything about this is just ridiculous.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like I said in private, that's complete and utter bullshit. I used the thing once to test if I could spam it or buy it again, and this was mid round he banned me so he could of checked the logs to see that I only used it once but clearly he is just too lazy and obnoxious.

He banned me because I argued with him and was proving him completely wrong, he is uses the fact that "I spammed it" as an excuse.

I'm sorry but I find this utterly pathetic. I wouldn't have such an issue with this if I had indeed spammed it, but the fact that you are not even listening to me or doing anything about this is just ridiculous.
I am absolutely listening to you and me tagging Mac and wanting you to sort this out is me doing something about it. You have to understand though, from my point of view I have two people telling me two different things, and without evidence I can't immediately pick a side. We have to discuss this and sort it out. I apologise if I'm not doing something that you think I should be doing but from where I'm standing I'm doing everything I possibly can.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
FYI I know from experience that the bass cannon does have a glitch where you can fire it up to 3 times, two of the beams being permanent and it is easily exploitable. I have no care about any of you plebs or your petty indifferences, but when people abused the glitch I made a public announcement on the server that if anybody on the server at the time exploited the glitch I would temp ban them, I have no idea whether you were there or not but now you know there is a gamebreaking bug, which may I say most people already know about, rather than kicking up shit and having a tantrum like a toddler on the forums or trying to exploit the glitch to see if it works... why not just stop?

Reaction score
FYI I know from experience that the bass cannon does have a glitch where you can fire it up to 3 times, two of the beams being permanent and it is easily exploitable. I have no care about any of you plebs or your petty indifferences, but when people abused the glitch I made a public announcement on the server that if anybody on the server at the time exploited the glitch I would temp ban them, I have no idea whether you were there or not but now you know there is a gamebreaking bug, which may I say most people already know about, rather than kicking up shit and having a tantrum like a toddler on the forums or trying to exploit the glitch to see if it works... why not just stop?
Funny, I haven't seen you on the server once since I joined. Therefore why would you think I care about any of your horseshit input?

Anyway to clear things up, my issue isn't with the shitty cannon, it's with the fact I was pointlessly banned.

• Winner
Reactions: Psycho

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Funny, I haven't seen you on the server once since I joined. Therefore why would you think I care about any of your horseshit input?

Anyway to clear things up, my issue isn't with the shitty cannon, it's with the fact I was pointlessly banned.
OMG you triggered me :c how could you :(((((((:-)(((

Reaction score
OMG you triggered me :c how could you :(((((:-)-)-)(((
I'm just saying, what you have to say is irrelevant to me since all I see you do is bully your way around these forums acting like you own them when, like I've said, I have never seen you on the server in the 3/4 months I've been playing. Pree' sad really

• Winner
Reactions: Friendy and Psycho

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I'm just saying, what you have to say is irrelevant to me since all I see you do is bully your way around these forums acting like you own them when, like I've said, I have never seen you on the server in the 3/4 months I've been playing. Pree' sad really
Hey I do what I want, I don't need no man to tell me what to do, besides why do you have to of seen me for my opinion to matter, that's like an ostrich mentality dawg.

Reaction score
Hey I do what I want, I don't need no man to tell me what to do, besides why do you have to of seen me for my opinion to matter, that's like an ostrich mentality dawg.
Since if I haven't seen you in the 4 months I've been on, why do you think your opinion is in anyway relevant?

Reaction score
(Merely meaning that you have been inactive, and even if you were previously admin, you shouldn't really have a say in what goes on in the server at this current time? If that makes any sense at all which I feel it will not, I know what I mean leave me alone)

• Winner
Reactions: Psycho
Status
Not open for further replies.