[Reserves] Just Your Average Mafia Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So inf was like "hey we need somebody to host a game" and I was like "ok"*

So here's the deal: We will start when I feel like we have enough players (and people have had time to sign up)

Town:
1 x Role cop
1 x Doctor
1 x Joe - powerless townie
n x Villager

Mafia:
n x Mafioso

Third Party:
1 x Serial killer - If the SK dies or is investigated they appear as Joe.

Number of villagers and mafia is dependent on the number of signups, and will be publicly known upon beginning of the game.

Rules: Basically the same as the last time I hosted a game. Maybe im missing some new innovation. Please be a kind person and inform me if im missing something please and thank you thanks.

1. Do NOT edit or delete posts.
2. Do NOT post or rate posts after you have died, or of you are not participating.
3. Do NOT use the in a conversation status (or any other status message) against someone.
4. Do NOT take a screenshot of PMs.
5. Do NOT quote your PM directly, and do NOT analyze PM mechanics (such as when your PM was sent). You may paraphrase your PM.
6. Do NOT discuss the game outside of official threads and PMs
7. Do NOT lie to the hosts
8. Be respectful to other players.
9. Remain active in the game. If you know you are going to be inactive for a while, please let the host know. Significant inactivity carries the death penalty (or just being replaced, but either way, you're out).
10. Do NOT do anything that would be considered cheating.
11. No game-throwing.
12. Do NOT quit the game just because you don't like your role.
13. Do NOT use deceptive text such as small text or white text.

*Conversation highly abridged

Signup format:
Name:
Job:
Position:
Why you are above average:

SIGNUPS:
1. Infected_joe8_
2. JKCaper
3. Joedood3
4. TheWeakJoe48_
5. Unusual_Joe
6. Strange Joe from Planet 9
7. CJoemp
8. Joeben101
9. Joelisha

Reserves: Joebery

Last edited:

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Right so, people have definitely had time to sign up, but 5 people isn't enough to run this setup, or justify any kind of forum mafia game. I don't really want to leave this sitting around for a few weeks empty, so uhh idk tell all of your friends I guess??
TELL ALL OF THEM! EVERY SINGLE ONE! IF EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER HAS NOT JOINED THIS GAME BY FRIDAY I... I DONT KNOW WHAT I WILL DO!

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Right so, people have definitely had time to sign up, but 5 people isn't enough to run this setup, or justify any kind of forum mafia game. I don't really want to leave this sitting around for a few weeks empty, so uhh idk tell all of your friends I guess??
TELL ALL OF THEM! EVERY SINGLE ONE! IF EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER HAS NOT JOINED THIS GAME BY FRIDAY I... I DONT KNOW WHAT I WILL DO!
We may want to start with those who signed up for last game but hasn't registered that a new game started.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was going to just say "not enough people joined shut everything down" but at Unu's request I can still run this with fewer people I guess.
Joe and SK will probbaly be removed if more people don't join though.
LAST CALL FOR PLAYERS

Will probbaly close signups sometime on Friday.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
With no additional signups and the removal of Joe and SK, we'd be playing the classic setup. I'm not opposed, but I'd be disappointed since the SK+Joe thing sounds like it creates a really cool dynamic.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
With no additional signups and the removal of Joe and SK, we'd be playing the classic setup. I'm not opposed, but I'd be disappointed since the SK+Joe thing sounds like it creates a really cool dynamic.
I think so too, and maybe I will bring it back at some points (or somebody else can, idc). But two killing factions with only 7 people isn't really a recipe for success.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Name: Joeben101
Job: idk
Position: absolute egg at mafia
Why you are above average: cos I just am ok?
It’s been a while since I’ve done mafia hope im not too late and I don’t screw stuff up :(((

• Thank You
Reactions: Ltin

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Is 9 enough players to keep Joe?
I messaged a few people to invite them but to no avail.
10 was what I was originally shooting for, but I think 9 is enough to at least try it.

Edit: because there are so many killing roles, with so few players, the setup may include a smaller than you might think mafia which includes a lawyer. The lawyer gets to choose a player each night, and that player will appear as Joe if investigated by the cop.

Signups will close in approx 2 hours (this edit was made at 6:55pm central time)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Edit: because there are so many killing roles, with so few players, the setup may include a smaller than you might think mafia which includes a lawyer. The lawyer gets to choose a player each night, and that player will appear as Joe if investigated by the cop.
33% of the game will be Joes, sounds like a fun time

D

Deleted member 4601

Name: Mulb
Job: Yes
Position: Yes
Why you are above average: Yes

• Thank You
Reactions: Ltin
Status
Not open for further replies.