Republic (Information)

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So 1 is chosen and A, B and C go to the meeting because they were the first 3 to vote? So as soon as three people vote, the action is sent in?
That sounds awfully undemocratic!

The five council members must lock in votes which fully agree with the rule that three must attend court. The rest will depart for the night.

Consider the following situations:
A, B, C: subpoena X
D, E: subpoena Y
Result: A, B, C subpoena X

A, B, C: subpoena X
D: subpoena Y
E: dissolve
Result: A, B, C subpoena X

A, B: subpoena X
C, D: subpoena Y
E: dissolve
Result: Council fails to issue a subpoena, proceed to dictator voting.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
*more questions*, what if 4 or all 5 players vote to subpoena X?
With four, one must decide to flip the vote onto another player or vote to install a dictator to allow the three to attend court.
With five, it is much the same, except two must vote in this manner.

If a satisfactory outcome is not reached by the evening deadline, the council will proceed to dictator voting.

Reactions: Nottykitten

Faliara

Reaction score
Well as long as it doesn't interfere with your exam (when does it end?) you should play!!
This game seems to be best for players with a more logical sense of thinking, though, which I... Do not have. Or at least, I tend to second-guess and doubt my conclusions a lot, and my opinions are easily influenced by other people, so I don't think this game is the best for me ^_^' The game certainly sounds fun, but I wouldn't fare well in it.

It probably wouldn't interfere with my exam too much, you're right on that, but looking at the set-up... I think it's better if I just spectate again.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This game seems to be best for players with a more logical sense of thinking, though, which I... Do not have. Or at least, I tend to second-guess and doubt my conclusions a lot, and my opinions are easily influenced by other people, so I don't think this game is the best for me ^_^' The game certainly sounds fun, but I wouldn't fare well in it.

It probably wouldn't interfere with my exam too much, you're right on that, but looking at the set-up... I think it's better if I just spectate again.
Nah, even if you doubt your conclusions or are easily influenced by others, your input would still contribute in some way and be helpful, if only just pointing out a few possibilities or gut feelings or clarifying something. This setup is new to everyone so everyone's going to have a bit of difficulty understanding something at one point or another, but that's part of the fun! Besides, you'll no doubt improve and get more confident which each game you play. Obviously it's your choice but I think you should play!!

Faliara

Reaction score
Nah, even if you doubt your conclusions or are easily influenced by others, your input would still contribute in some way and be helpful, if only just pointing out a few possibilities or gut feelings or clarifying something. This setup is new to everyone so everyone's going to have a bit of difficulty understanding something at one point or another, but that's part of the fun! Besides, you'll no doubt improve and get more confident which each game you play. Obviously it's your choice but I think you should play!!
okay

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Prizyms Does the poison mechanic in this game work similarly to how it did in Russian Mafia? Can the toxicologist save someone that was poisoned the previous night?
Poison is applied at 'dawn' (between the end of night and the start of day, the same time as when night actions are resolved) and the poisoned player receives a message notifying them of their poisoning. They will die during the next 'dawn' phase unless they are in possession of an antidote either previously given to them or given to them while poisoned.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hunter

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Poison is applied at 'dawn' (between the end of night and the start of day, the same time as when night actions are resolved) and the poisoned player receives a message notifying them of their poisoning. They will die during the next 'dawn' phase unless they are in possession of an antidote either previously given to them or given to them while poisoned.
Ah, so the antidotes can also be given out as an item that can protect the recipient from future poisonings?