Day 7 - Conformists win​

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Day 1

Welcome to Republic.
  • There are 26 players alive.
  • The initial political system is democracy.
  • You must vote to elect 5 representatives.
    • As representatives cannot be elected and executed on the same day, you may not vote to execute a representative today.
    • As a council cannot be created and dissolved on the same day, you may not vote to dissolve the council today.
  • Today, dissenters are aware of their partners but not their partners' roles.
Vote to elect 5 representatives with the following format (please include the : as it makes it easier for me to search the thread.)

elect: A, B, C, D, E

Click here to access the live votecount.

Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
what was the plan last time?
hopefully it wasn't a massclaim
We had three roles which were mostly useless claim that they were one of the three (but not which one) and then we put those three plus two randos/suspicious ppl in the council
That way we know town has a majority in the council

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I would just like to say im rather salty that i missed out on my chance of being mafia, and I feel like if any of the previous mafia are mafia again they can use the same strats so do i have an advantage?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Any reason we shouldn't follow a plan similar to what we did last time?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Don't see any reason why not, it seems like the best strategy and the only reason it failed was since Aqua supposedly didn't understand the setup properly and almost threw the game by switching votes to force an Autocracy, and that type of thing is less likely to happen now since Priz changed the vote requirements so that as soon as it reaches 3 votes, it's locked in I think

I'm not one of the three (Reticent, Vengeful or Bulletproof, for those of you who are new)

Maybe we should just put randoms in the council and see where that leads us?

In that case I will vote myself.

[Bold]Elect: Myusername22, Hunter, Aqua, sploorky, Dess [/Bold]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Why would you want to do that? Putting randoms in could result in a mafia-controlled council, meaning we likely don't get any decent investigations and waste it. Having the three useless uncc town roles be there makes sure that we can at least have townies deciding on who to investigate

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Don't see any reason why not, it seems like the best strategy and the only reason it failed was since Aqua supposedly didn't understand the setup properly and almost threw the game by switching votes to force an Autocracy, and that type of thing is less likely to happen now since Priz changed the vote requirements so that as soon as it reaches 3 votes, it's locked in I think

I'm not one of the three (Reticent, Vengeful or Bulletproof, for those of you who are new)

Why would you want to do that? Putting randoms in could result in a mafia-controlled council, meaning we likely don't get any decent investigations and waste it. Having the three useless uncc town roles be there makes sure that we can at least have townies deciding on who to investigate
Only thing is I feel the mafia have too much say in who those two are. Obviously they are not going to elect themselves. The argument you give works both ways for the random elections because while it'll give them influence it enables us to vote them. In class now and moving back and forth on this issue. I'll think about this more and make a post tomorrow

UNVOTE

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Only thing is I feel the mafia have too much say in who those two are. Obviously they are not going to elect themselves. The argument you give works both ways for the random elections because while it'll give them influence it enables us to vote them. In class now and moving back and forth on this issue. I'll think about this more and make a post tomorrow

UNVOTE
Mafia are 7/26, you need a majority of votes for someone to be elected, so town has far more than a say of who gets elected than the Mafia

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey, I like this plan but instead, why not have reticent/vengeful/whistleblower comprise the three council town members? No need to have the bulletproof make themselves visible, and whistleblower isn't affected by council activities.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Mafia are 7/26, you need a majority of votes for someone to be elected, so town has far more than a say of who gets elected than the Mafia
True, but the town is an uninformed majority, as opposed to the mafia which is an informed minority. The town cannot hope to work together to make sure the two extras in the council (if we go with the three confirmed innocents in the council) don't end up being town sided. We're still in day 1 so nobody is going to really stand out as suspicious and the town's votes are likely to be split amongst a number of people. Without those 7 votes the town only has 18 votes which are more likely to be spread out. Also consider there is a tendency for people to bandwagon together. you raise a very good point because the town still does have a lot of say, but I just think we also can't say that 7 votes is absolutely nothing, and the mafia are unlikely to end up in the council unless they want to end up in the council. Meanwhile it isn't entirely in their best interest to fill the council with all mafias or to completely take over the council because it would look incredibly suspicious and make it incredibly obvious who we should lynch.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
yeah, so at this time I feel there are obvious ways which the mafia could abuse if we go with yesterdays plan. I'd rather fill the council with a bunch of randoms because If the mafia were to make an attempt to fully takeover the council it would give us a lot of information and lead us to lynching mafia, but if we go with the plan last game I think the mafia would have too easy a time making sure none of them join the council. Therefore, I'm going to go with the vote randoms and resume my previous vote.

Vote: Myusername22, Sploorky, Aqua, Dess, Hunter