Republic - Completed

Sploorky

Reaction score
I don’t really understand how, but sure
Rev condition 1, win by lasting until the end: Impossible to achieve if there are 2 or more mafia still alive

Rev condition 2, win by electing themselves as dictator: The more mafia, the more sway they would have in electing dictators, making this harder for the rev to achieve. The rev also has to survive throughout the day and not get overthrown, again this would be easier with less mafia sway in the voting process

Rev condition 3, live through three dictatorships: Doesn't really matter how many mafia are here, but busdriver shenanigans could deter the rev from achieving this win condition

I think the rev is trying to win through condition three
I think the rev aimed for Fali but the mafia swapped fali and Ooglie/Listings to further their goals of eliminating all the town PRs

• Informative
Reactions: Danni122112

Sploorky

Reaction score
Big topic of discussion: I think eliminating the rev is the right decision

It's way too late in the game for the rev to win through any method other than living through three dictatorships, meaning they will most likely try to rush through and eliminate dictators 2 and 3. I fully believe the rev will every night choose between killing the dictator or killing a townie in anticipation of a busdriver swap. If we eliminate the rev today or tonight, we're gonna cut down on 1 kill a night. If we don't eliminate the rev, I don't think we have a chance of winning.

Faliara considering you can nightkill and overthrow executions what do you think about this?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
living through three dictatorships, meaning they will most likely try to rush through and eliminate dictators 2 and 3.
why would we chose a third dictator?

Why is it too late in the game for their other win conditions?

I’m not necessarily against offing the rev, but your reasoning doesn’t make sense at all

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I fully believe the rev will every night choose between killing the dictator or killing a townie in anticipation of a busdriver swap. If we eliminate the rev today or tonight, we're gonna cut down on 1 kill a night. If we don't eliminate the rev, I don't think we have a chance of winning.
You do realize that he rev can’t joint win with the mafia?

Unless the rev is really stupid, or bad they can’t really kill more townies.

We will cut down on one night kill, indeed, but that night kill might not necessarily be a mafia member every night.

Again, I’m not saying I’m 100% against trying to find and kill the rev, but when your post doesn’t have a single line of logic that adds up to me regarding the rev, I find it a bit odd.

Faliara

Reaction score
Big topic of discussion: I think eliminating the rev is the right decision

It's way too late in the game for the rev to win through any method other than living through three dictatorships, meaning they will most likely try to rush through and eliminate dictators 2 and 3. I fully believe the rev will every night choose between killing the dictator or killing a townie in anticipation of a busdriver swap. If we eliminate the rev today or tonight, we're gonna cut down on 1 kill a night. If we don't eliminate the rev, I don't think we have a chance of winning.

Faliara considering you can nightkill and overthrow executions what do you think about this?
On one hand, yeah, at this point the rev probably has a better chance of seeing through three dictatorships, so they’re more likely to try and kill me- so the rev would be more detrimental to town at this point than helpful.

On the other hand, once the town PRs that the mafia consider most useful are gone... They most likely will go for me next, to eliminate a town kill, so you’re gonna need someone that can help out when democracy comes into play, too. I really don’t see myself surviving for any longer than this, now that the majority of the other PRs have been killed off.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
The rev isnt going to win by killing townies i reckon.

If they try to rush killing dictators, 1 of 2 (3 if you count the option of rev succeeding.)

- Town and rev loose, cus mafia outnumber the rest.
-mafia tries to kill the rev, since they are afraid of him winning.

I feel, that town should not focus on rev. We should start playing to win, not play to not loose. Town has been behind all game, so i say lets play high risk high reward and just try to hunt down mafia and 'ignore' rev. Realize this: the mafia benefits immensely from town lynching the rev. (i know we dont know who rev or mafia are but still)

Thats my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Also voting to execute isnt worth a whole lot, since fali has last call eitherway, i can weigh in with some advice:
- lynch scrable or unu.
- dont lynch rune, sploork, danni, and me

pce

• Informative
Reactions: Danni122112

Sploorky

Reaction score
why would we chose a third dictator?
so you’re gonna need someone that can help out when democracy comes into play, too
I don't see a way democracy can work anymore. If fali dies, the amount of seats in the council will go down to three. We would have to have three people elected that would willingly put themselves up for lynching, and I don't know why an antitown would go along with that and put themselves on the chopping block.

Why is it too late in the game for their other win conditions?
I shouldn't say "too late in the game" but rather "the rev is too far behind". I think the odds are stacked against rev to win through surviving to the end, so their best course of action is to rush to a three dictatorship victory.

You do realize that he rev can’t joint win with the mafia?

Unless the rev is really stupid, or bad they can’t really kill more townies.
Yes I know this, but all the rev has done is kill more townies. I don't think they've targeted a single citizen claim(maybe twg but that was probably ender). In fact, why would the rev target mafia? The rev is in that pool of citizen claims, aiming for mafia is detrimental to them because the less citizen claims their are, the easier it will be for the town to lynch the rev.

The rev isnt going to win by killing townies i reckon.

If they try to rush killing dictators, 1 of 2 (3 if you count the option of rev succeeding.)

- Town and rev loose, cus mafia outnumber the rest.
-mafia tries to kill the rev, since they are afraid of him winning.

I feel, that town should not focus on rev. We should start playing to win, not play to not loose. Town has been behind all game, so i say lets play high risk high reward and just try to hunt down mafia and 'ignore' rev. Realize this: the mafia benefits immensely from town lynching the rev. (i know we dont know who rev or mafia are but still)
I don't understand what you mean. If rev eliminates three dictators and are alive, they win automatically. Mafia can't eliminate rev besides through a lynching or if the dictator is mafia(we probably will just lose in this case)

My point is I don't think the rev is going to target anybody besides the dictator, so we should try to eliminate them over mafia so we only have 1 kill a night instead of 2.

We're still looking at 3 or 4 mafia, so even if we lynch a mafia member today they will probably still be able to do a kill tonight(only exception to this is if there are 3 mafia, one gets executed today and one gets summoned by the dictator)

Anyways:

I also 100% believe Danni is rev
Reasons being?

Overall, I get dodgy vibes from Unu; he's been trying so hard to try to get a bw on me that I can see him being mafia.
Unu asked for quotes and I'd like to see them too

Sploorky

Reaction score
Mafia can’t afford another night of dictatorship, so they have to kill three dictator.
Mafia auto loses in this situation

If the council’s maximum size is reduced to fewer than three members after three successive dictators are killed, the game ends in loss for all factions except the revolutionary, if still alive.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Mafia can't eliminate rev besides through a lynching or if the dictator is mafia(we probably will just lose in this case)
Oh, fair point, i keep forgetting this. Wow that rlly sucks. Tbf granny might still be alive, and if rev hits granny he still dies.

But still kinda sucks that if we lynch rev, mafia benefits greatly.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Tbf granny might still be alive, and if rev hits granny he still dies.
This would be fantastic, as I believe granny and rev would die in this case. This may be another reason why rev is not targeting citizen claims

Also, even if we try to go for rev, who do we go for?
Danni is the hot topic on this one, two mafia members namedropped him as rev so it's up for discussion if that was bullshit or genuine on their part. A point could be made against Danni for his insistence that Notty was not rev, the only other player who was so surefire in this was listings(who knew inf was scum and saw how much inf was defending notty). However there are many posts of Danni defending himself from a rev claim that I recommend reading as well. If not Danni, it's kind of a crapshoot. The only person citizen claim I am almost certain is not rev is you.

Still interested in Dess's reasoning behind Danni being rev though

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I think we should focus on eliminating the rev if it is a possibility. Sploorky pointed out earlier that the rev is most likely in the pool of citizen claims and if that's the case it would be too risky for them to try to aim at the already small-ish pool of citizen claims and give the town a better chance of finding them. if we go with democracy at all from this point it would be a very risky play, so the rev is currently being forced to aim at the town, not both. Eliminating the rev will take out the extra kill against townies. Even if the rev were for some reason aiming at mafia, people are forgetting that they are aiming at town even more so, and we'd be better off trying to take out the mafia ourselves instead of letting a rev do it who would ultimately bounce back to killing townies right after killing mafia.

Sploorky is making a lot of sense right now as to the rev's likely goal. How many dictators have died so far? If I were the rev I'd be trying to get into the council to force an autocracy next time we're forced to elect people to the council. That's something we need to be watchful for.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Prizyms deadline is close and there is only one vote of execution. If the votes needed to execute are not met, does it go to the person with the most votes or something else?
I'm actually home late again tonight, so I will just wait for the dictator to send their decision - such is the beauty of autocracy.

If an admin could lock the thread at 2200 BST, that would be appreciated.

• Thank You
Reactions: Sploorky

Sploorky

Reaction score
Final decision is up to Faliara then. My original guesses of who mafia and rev are still stands. I think the best course of action is to execute Danni(most likely rev imo) and then dictator kill Comp or 77 (I would not suggest dictator killing Runemen4 in this case. I think he is godfather, and we don't want the dictator dying in the night and having that information hidden to the town)