Removing anvils + Removing placeable/breakable bookshelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggish

Reaction score
Suggestion Name: Removing ALL anvils in maps that have enchantment tables.
Description: A lot of maps have anvils coinciding with enchantment tables.
Why should we implement this: Because on some maps you are able to get sharp 2 and 3 + power 2 and 3 if you have enough lvls. On elsorum (I think that's the name) I got a sharp 3 stone sword and a power 2 bow. That's too overpowered. A two shot bow and a sword that almost does half your hearts. There are also other maps like this that I can't think of right now.
What are the possible issues with this suggestion: None.
Extra Notes: On aod it is easy to get around 40 lvls. this is way enough to make the most overpowered weapons ever seen on a map.

NEXT SUGGESTION

Suggestion Name: Removing all breakable/placeable bookshelves
Description: Some tacticians on AoD don't just look in chests for good stuff. They make their own good stuff. They do this by breaking bookshelves and placing them around an enchantment table. Sharp 5 on a map with no armour is a LOT overpowered.
Why should we implement this: Because on maps like 747 or Mansion I have seen people getting sharp 5 and fire aspect. Both these maps have no armour for hunters. That's a 2 hit sword you got there. This HAS to be changed.
What are the possible issues with this suggestion: None that I can think of.
Extra notes: Instead of removing the bookshelves Operators could just make them non-breakable like on Grand Library.

Thses are just some features I noticed while playing these maps. I hope the Operators will implement these for the good of AoD.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh I want Hunters to be heavily buffed to force teaming; have the dark hunter almost as buffed as a juggernaut, and regular hunters able to take on multiple survivors. This weightens the team aspect, and losing too many team members will cause the survivors to crumble quickly.

Easiest way to do this might just be to set Hunters at 20 hearts so that all maps are still balanced, but hunters have increased endurance

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I can tell you right now that we are not going to be removing Anvils or enchanters in the near future. We might go through and nerf the enchanters, but as for removing them entirely?

No.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
'Why' would be a start
Because enchanters and anvils are in there for a reason. To help the Survivors survive, and if they aren't camping said enchanter, to help the Hunters kill them quicker.

Like I said, we are NOT going to be removing enchanters, but we will nerf them should they be an issue. To be honest, Iggy, I'm not seeing the issues you are. Never have I observed anyone with Sharp 5 on either of those maps.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because enchanters and anvils are in there for a reason. To help the Survivors survive, and if they aren't camping said enchanter, to help the Hunters kill them quicker.

Like I said, we are NOT going to be removing enchanters, but we will nerf them should they be an issue. To be honest, Iggy, I'm not seeing the issues you are. Never have I observed anyone with Sharp 5 on either of those maps.
Sharpness 4-5 is easy on quite a sparse range of maps if you know where to go and what to do

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
On mansion I played against survivors who had sharp 5. 2 hit. Why do you not want to nerf that?
Unless you can actually, I don't know, get screenshots of it? I'm not going to be immediately inclined to nerf it.

Also, it seems you only complain about something being "too op" when you're the one being killed by it.

• Agree
Reactions: Terre936

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Unless you can actually, I don't know, get screenshots of it? I'm not going to be immediately inclined to nerf it.

Also, it seems you only complain about something being "too op" when you're the one being killed by it.
Making bookcases no-place would be suitable, imho, as it prevents bookcases from being rearranged, but allows them to be kept in formation, and even accessed for slight buffs, such as in Deadhouse Gates

• Agree
Reactions: Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score

1. I made the sword and bow OP on many maps and I'm saying it should be nerfed.
2. You just weren't on when these people got OP gear.
3. It wasn't only me dying. A lot of other people died.If you want clarification about the mansion incident ask sircomputer, jayjaywizard, grandcouncillor or demonic mstrstn(dayum that name is difficult to spell). I'm pretty sure all of them were on when the incident took place.

And if you want clarification on the Elsorum incident ask asaechao or urosevic

Last edited by a moderator:

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
- I already nerfed the Elsoron anvils and enchanters yesterday
- Will get to nerfing bookshelves on Mansion (I know of how to get a Lvl30 on there) Mansions was removed from rotation
- Problems solved

Last edited:
  • Thank You

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
With Mansion removed and both Elsoron and 747 fixed, it seems that the problem you brought up has been solved. Instead of removing all anvils and changing all bookshelves to non-breakable, please report any further map issues in the Map Flaw Report Thread.

The main reason I don't want to remove all anvils and change the bookshelves is because it would inhibit the creativity of the map maker. I know that in some maps, such as Nimeitheiel, anvils are used as decoration throughout the map. I would, however, like to encourage map makers to take into consideration that anvils may be used to combine items and that bookshelves can be overpowered. That pretty much solves the issue without limiting creativity.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.