Remove useless hunter items

superhalo6

Reaction score
Suggestion name: Remove useless items

Description: Hunter kits often get items like leather caps or food. On some maps I think you also get non-splash potions of poison with no way to make them splash potions.

Why should we implement this: These could easily be replaced with items both survivors and hunters could use, like leather boots or a better sword (Some classes would have less food but a better sword)

What are the possible issues with this suggestion: Survivors could run out of food.

Extra notes:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah I think the reason people add these items into hunter kits is so that, when a survivor kills them, those that didn't throw away their "useless" items drop loot for the survivors ;) But yeah I understand that you want to give hunters items that they could use too and so only drop loot that they actually used... :p It does sometimes take up space in inventories which could be annoying XD
Thanks for the suggestion! :D

• Agree
Reactions: Iggish

superhalo6

Reaction score
Yeah I think the reason people add these items into hunter kits is so that, when a survivor kills them, those that didn't throw away their "useless" items drop loot for the survivors ;) But yeah I understand that you want to give hunters items that they could use too and so only drop loot that they actually used... :p It does sometimes take up space in inventories which could be annoying XD
Thanks for the suggestion! :D
Yeah but there isn't anything prohibiting survivors from using items like a leather cap, while a hunter can't wear a leather cap, so why not make it leather boots instead? And survivors have nothing prohibiting them from using items, so there couldn't be anything worthless for survivors unless it was worthless for hunters as well.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Most maps contain hidden brewing stands,and some chests with gunpowder :L... Add more gunpowder/stands to EVERY map or swap/ get rid of them.

Tamsanity

Reaction score
Some items are implemented to follow a theme of the map..
I think the 'useless' items should stay because it gives a player a more authentic feel of a make-believe world.
If people played only for the competitive aspect, it would make sense to only have practical items but the fact of the matter is that MineCraft is in itself a sort of pretentious game.. it's not primarily focused on practicality or realism.

Reactions: RyanDodd

superhalo6

Reaction score
Some items are implemented to follow a theme of the map..
I think the 'useless' items should stay because it gives a player a more authentic feel of a make-believe world.
If people played only for the competitive aspect, it would make sense to only have practical items but the fact of the matter is that MineCraft is in itself a sort of pretentious game.. it's not primarily focused on practicality or realism.
That is a good point, but I mean things like leather hats that hunters get.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think the hats is people trying to give hunters full armor, it seems to me that alot of the time if I get a leather hat, I also get a shirt, pants, and shoes (so im not a naked robot)

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
All the things I would've said were already said:
- All the items in kits (Hunter or Survivor) are most likely to follow the theme of the map
- Map Creator(s) could have had it as loot for Survivors, so they'd actually get something that /could/ become useful

I'm sure everyone would rather have some items in the Survivor's kit than the Hunter's kit(or vise versa,) but it was the Map Creator(s)' idea to do it, they are free to add in any item to any kit as long as it isn't super unbalanced compared to other kits or the other team.

Plus, it'd take quite a while for us (when I should be saying 1 person who can actually do this,) to remove items from 1 kit and add it to the other kit or remove it completely in all (currently) 73 maps.