Removal of Wizard reverted back to "respawn"

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
I just feel it's sort of just a confusing boundry.

I do understand it may be important to preserve old time amusements but Zombel is constantly generating a lot of new people everyday and this is just a step closer to helping new people understand this server.

It's just that in my opinion is that it's more beneficial if it was just a simple "You can not respawn."

Prepared for a lot of critism on this :b

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
I agree, it does cause some confusion with newer players as to what a 'wizard' is. But 'wizard' also applies to people who lag out. When someone asks what a wizard is, and is greeted with a response similar to "It is someone who respawns or lags out.", they are often satisfied with that answer, knowing whether it was just lag or actual respawning that got them kicked.

Say that 'wizard' is changed to respawn. The 'what are wizards' questions would diminish, but I feel that the 'WTF STOOPID SERVER! I DID NOT RESPAWN! -.-' statements would become more common. Also, there are auto warnings for respawning if it does happen (and if the respawner is not kicked first).

Yes, new players join Zombie everyday. Yes, 'wizard' can be and probably is a confusing term for newer players. But, in my opinion, I think it should stay at 'wizard' due to its tie in with lag and 'WTF' statements. (also wizard jokes are always a good way to facilitate laughter)

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I remember back when I laughed at the wizard thing, having a certain staff member teleporting around, calling himself a wizard.

Honestly, even though I rarely ever go on the server anymore, I think it should stay. Sure, people tend to ask what a wizard is, in terms of being kicked for not being one, but that sparks conversation and interest in the server!

Of course, this is a humble opinion of a lonely Zombie Survival veteran.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
I have been thinking recently of having it switched back to "fell asleep on the R key!" Or maybe having it be a chance of either message (wizard / asleep) being used.
I miss the "fell asleep on the R key" kick ;n; It helps specify one of the causes, and comments such as "but I didn't press the R key" can be solved by a simple "the kick also occurs when you lag".

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Bumping this in light of common sense threads: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/lag.10967/

Recently there has been a lot of talk in-game about "wizard kicks." While yes it's for laughs, most new players come back dazed, confused, and frustrated. To utilize the server to the best of it's abilities wizard should be reverted back. I see no positive aspects from having it labled as "wizard kicks."

Also I'm surprised that I don't remember this having much positive feedback. Especially from Directors. Yet it still never changed.

Nillbugwtw ethical1337 Damer_Flinn

• Agree
Reactions: hihihilolHI

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
Holy shit this was a long time ago. xD However you are right. I am not sure how this gets changed though. A text file for the VPS or something winx has to change with the code.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Trap_Wolf