OOC Remnants of the Elements Discussion

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
speaking from experience, bricks work better than porcelain

then again, a few choice words would probably be an even better solution
How am I going to get a brick at a dinner table?

And nope, not here. Because this is an instiution for problematic kids. I could speak a million words, and it wouldn't get through their thick skulls. Porcelain, on the other hand, does.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
AM I SLEEP-DEPRIVED ENOUGH TO BE COOL YET.

I swear too much work is literally killing me.

I'll go... read up I guess.

Yeah, let's do that...
sigh

EDIT:

So I requested myself to be banned from the SCP Foundation's IRC channel for the duration of one week recently.

As you might see: productivity fucking skyrocketed.

Three hoorays for self-restraint!

Loooong silence

;-;

Last edited:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
so since my inactivity here I've been doing a lot of rping on other rp-specific forums and let me say this roleplay's longevity is absolutely mind-blowing. The fact that it actually finished its first thread (something few people have ever managed to see), got a sequel thread and still gets posts after months of inactivity is something I don't think exists anywhere else.

so yea lmao

since this is like my very first rp it has a special place in my heart so i think I'm gonna try and get a little back into it sometime in the future (if you guys want me to that is, ill admit i felt pretty neglected when everybody was having that conversation so it deterred me from posting then (reinforced with the brom incident) but idk if that was just me)

• Thank You
Reactions: Faliara

Catcocomics

Reaction score
New character:

Name: she kind of shortens it to "Johi" (pronounced: Joe-hee)
Height: kinda short, though she kind of seems tall when given nothing to compare to.
Origin: somewhere, we're not sure where, but we can confirm that it is neither Earth nor Gaia.
Race: at the very least seems to be human. Kitsune, but kind of stuck in human form
Eyes: black
Hair: black, about 18 inches long.
Equipment
: hardwood stick with paper attached to it, a few brushes, paper, a collection of black stones.
Attire: something very akin to a dark-grey kimono with dull red borders over a thin white tunic and often times splinterless wooden sandals (public), adds a simple mask w/ black hood (some combat scenarios). massive and very soft shirt of sorts that goes a bit below her knees (lounging).
Special skills: unusual magic, most specifically designed for spiritual healing with variety. pacifying ghosts. partial transformation (fox ears + however many tails she has). drawing. fishing. graceful footwork. Some how manages to carry all her stuff everywhere without needing a backpack, but only her stuff. Kitsune-bi. smelling, and sometimes seeing spirits of the departed (and has a good chance of noticing when one or more are nearby if she isn't distracted with anything.
Weaknesses: doesn't typically fit in with most people on the planet. Isn't particularly effective at defending against corporeal beings. energetic, sometimes to a fault.
Fears: fear.
Likes: seafood, especially shrimp. purity of heart/spirit. sleeping. sometimes looking cute. wearing dark colors.
Dislikes: convolution. muscle-minded men. pollution. disharmony.

Color key: Category New stuff

she starts kind of just sleeping somewhere if anyone wants to magically stumble upon her and wake her.

Last edited:
  • Confusing
Reactions: Fiestaguy

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
New character:

Name: she kind of shortens it to "Johi" (pronounced: Joe-hee)
Height: kinda short, though she kind of seems tall when given nothing to compare to.
Origin: somewhere, we're not sure where, but we can confirm that it is neither Earth nor Gaia.
Race: at the very least seems to be human.
Eyes: black
Hair: black, about 18 inches long
Equipment: hardwooded stick with paper attached to it, a few brushes, paper, a collection of black stones.
Attire: something very akin to a dark-grey kimono with dull red borders over a thin white tunic and often times splinterless wooden
sandals (public), adds a simple mask w/ black hood (some combat scenarios). massive and very soft shirt of sorts that goes a bit below
her knees (lounging).
Special skills: unusual magic, most specifically designed for spiritual healing with variety. pacifying ghosts. partial transformation. drawing.
fishing. graceful footwork. Some how manages to carry all her stuff everywhere without needing a backpack, but only her stuff.
Weaknesses: doesn't typically fit in with most people on the planet. Isn't particularly effective at defending against corporeal beings. energetic,
sometimes to a fault.
Fears: fear.
Likes: seafood, especially shrimp. purity of heart/spirit. sleeping. sometimes looking cute. wearing dark colors.
Dislikes: convolution. muscle-minded men. pollution. disharmony.

she starts kind of just sleeping somewhere if anyone wants to magically stumble upon her and wake her.
Could you be a bit more... specific?

"Name: She shortens it to Johi"
What's her full, unshortened name then?

"Height: Kinda short, but looks tall when nothing is compared to her"
...In metric, please? Are we talking 1,34 short, or 1,69 short?

"Race: seems to be human"
So... is it human...? orrrr?

"Origin: we're not sure"
What?

"Fears: Fear"
What?

• Agree
Reactions: S_swimmer

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Could you be a bit more... specific?

"Name: She shortens it to Johi"
What's her full, unshortened name then?

"Height: Kinda short, but looks tall when nothing is compared to her"
...In metric, please? Are we talking 1,34 short, or 1,69 short?

"Race: seems to be human"
So... is it human...? orrrr?

"Origin: we're not sure"
What?

"Fears: Fear"
What?
For name:
https://translate.google.com/#en/ja/purifying light
have fun

Since you want metric height, Jōka is about 136cm.

Race: this mostly has to do with Jōka's partial transformation. She is a kistune (with currently one tail) in human form who can occasionally sprout fox ears and however many tails she's supposed to have. Jōka has a pretty long life span (going past hundreds of years), but we'll ignore that for now because she's still exceedingly young.

origin: I don't know where she's from, she doesn't know where she's from, and she's probably not going to care for a good while, so it honestly doesn't matter at this point, but if you really want an answer, then we can stick with the stars for now.

And apparently I have to elaborate on fear when (Prisoner of Azkaban spoilerz)
that scene of Remus talking to Harry about why the bogart turned into a dementor and not tom riddle
Basically, since the creepiest spookiest things Jōka is likely to come across are people (dead or alive), and she is basically a competent exorcist, the only thing she really needs to worry about is other people getting scared and going crazy.

Also, I think I'll add a couple of minor things to special abilities on the accounts of race and occupation.