Reminder about Fake Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

san00b

No.1 Admin & Founder
Reaction score
This is simply a reminder regarding unauthorized servers:

They come up from time to time. We're aware of them, and we deal with them the best we can.

Our policy regarding these servers is to simply let them be. Any users or staff caught trolling, harassing, or causing problems on these fake servers will have temporary bans placed upon them with demotions following shortly after.

Mac27

Your local Macintosh XXVII
Reaction score
And look at them this way, if your concerned that they will distract players from the real Blocktopia, most are hosted from either a crap server, or a domestic computer. They never last much longer than a week.

Hojojo

Reaction score
Know somebody reason why deltagamers did this fake server ?

Some people like Killer1525 and Apollo17 are registered on their forums.Maybe they can tell us something...

Reaction score
People love to mess with others. Especially when it comes to gaming.

Like the people down at machinima, they have had their names taken before they can register them into games.

Like Seananners for instance. Then some moron took the 360 gamertag into a Minecraft nameplate, so seananners is left with AdamMontaya :D

Reaction score
Know somebody reason why deltagamers did this fake server ?

Some people like Killer1525 and Apollo17 are registered on their forums.Maybe they can tell us something...
Hey now! Please don't point fingers like that!

All these issues have already been brought up and are being dealt with as best as they can be :p There's really not much to discuss about this, to be honest.

Reactions: Duffie

miniman6

Reaction score
I know some info about their community. They were apparently competing against us (blocktopia) and they said something about telling members who join their server to go to their new community website. Then they would switch back the name to delta build (or lava) and get more players. These are their doings, not mines. Don't shoot the messanger :O

Zeco63

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Zeco63. But this is not the time for introductions. I am part of the administration team of Deltagamers, I am here to assure you that Deltagamers have no such affiliation with anyone involved, and are trying our best to resolve this issue.
This server seems to be to "trolling" both Deltagamers and Blocktopia. They first claim t'was a Blocktopia server then tell the banned members to appeal at Deltagamers. Which seems a foolish thing to do should we had made the server in the first place.

san00b

No.1 Admin & Founder
Reaction score
"Which seems a foolish thing to do should we had made the server in the first place."

It's a silly method, but it works rather well. Blocktopia's name is tarnished, and more traffic gets pushed towards DeltaGamers.

HOWEVER: I'm writing in to confirm that we have been in contact with the Administration team at DeltaGamers. They have been investigating the issue and working on it.

Regarding some of our users and staff who are part of the DeltaGamers community, we have no reason to suspect them what-so-ever of wrong doing. Anyone caught trying to cause a witch hunt will be dealt with appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.