Regarding bullying in this community.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
So, I just read a thread about someone leaving the community because they where harassed, insulted, and bullied.

That lead me directly to making this thread.

If you feel unjustly bullied by anyone, or get repeated insults, either in this community, or by people you met in this community, through outside means of communication (Why would you even let random people have a diffrent way of contacting you? INTERNET SECURITY PEOPLE, THEY COULD BE A CANNIBALISTIC EARHOLE RAPIST.) By all means, send a complaint, including logs if possible, to a HA. (Imma go and suggest choose either F_35c1 or Me.)

Don't leave the community over this, without letting us know first, unless you feel you absolutely have to.

We will check the matter, hand out warnings, infractions, bans if needed, and keep in mind folks, if it happens on any of our servers, cyberbullying is a crime in europe, and as such, we could file a report with ISP for breaking of european law. Most times, if it is outside of our services, the Internet provider still has clauses about bullying in their Fair Use Policy, so complaints in regards to that are possible too.

We don't take threats, repeated severe misbehaviour towards this community or gaining unwanted entry to our services (Ban evading) lightly, and report such activity on a regular basis. If you are part of the community, and this is happening to you, provide us with detailed logs (date, time, etc. Logs will be checked for validity) and we will handle that matter as well. We have a global rule about no personal attacks on people for a reason.

Deadl0ck out.

P.S. Me raging at people does not fall under this. I only do that when people have earned my wrath due to utter lack of common sense, or pissing me off through their actions.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this dead, this sorta warning was needed. Hopefully from this post we can prevent harrassment to both players and staff from various people in and outside of the community.

torty

Reaction score
Bullying is just a pathetic way of picking on those who are either weaker or stronger than the person who does it, I feel quite sorry for the person who did the "crime", he/she has lost my respect, and being in a community such as ours, they should feel extremely stupid for what they've done. I don't know the extent of what happened, but in some respects, they don't really deserve to stay with us if they continue (of course punishment, etc is a way to stop it). Perhaps people just never mature from childish antics.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
I despise bullying, people who bully others, just try to get attention on themselves because there is something going on in their life, so they feel like its the victim's fault not their own or their parents or their friends or any other personal matter.

All that can push a person on the edge and imagine the victim, the bullying could lead to that person committing suicide, instead of getting help or facing the bully face to face.

Im sorry but i see it in my school and i dont stand up to it i just walk on by. I despise myself for doing that. But i just wanted to punch the person doing the bullying and it just gets worse with facebook, twitter, and other social network sites like here or youtube. Its just awful, whether physical, emotional or cyber, its just wrong no matter what

Reactions: silvadude12

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
Did some research and it revealed that cyber-bullying is illegal in the US, and also australia, which is most fo the world...(including europe) I would say it is probably best not to attempt it.

Bullying is completely idiotic. An immature way to attain a feeling of power through being a dick.
If you want to feel power, touch an electric cable.
That is a real good way to put it...

Summer10

Reaction score
Did some research and it revealed that cyber-bullying is illegal in the US, and also australia, which is most fo the world...(including europe) I would say it is probably best not to attempt it.
Problem is.. most kids/teenagers don't report it... but yes cyber-bulling is a SERIOUS problem and can get worse very quickly, they think since they are online they can get away with everything (trolls in a nutshell).

C

Ciphered

Problem is.. most kids/teenagers don't report it... but yes cyber-bulling is a SERIOUS problem and can get worse very quickly, they think since they are online they can get away with everything (trolls in a nutshell).
Trolls don't really equate to bullying.
Bullying is stuff like "your so ugly", other rude inflammatory things, and the classic statement from the movie about cyberbullying: "Ur a liar Lindsay".
Trolling is basically tricking people.
I wonder why noone reports it?
It's a massively terrible problem.

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
So said deadlock, lets try to keep an eye on each other. Not a controlling eye, but an eye to make sure everyone is ok.

Summer10

Reaction score
Bullying is stuff like "your so ugly", other rude inflammatory things, and the classic statement from the movie about cyberbullying: "Ur a liar Lindsay".
Yeah, I know, I meant the part where people think they can do whatever they want on the internet.. when really theres serious consequences

C

Ciphered

Yeah, I know, I meant the part where people think they can do whatever they want on the internet.. when really theres serious consequences
Ah, correct... so long as you keep your true circulated online identity hidden when trolling, there aren't much consequences so long as the methods of trolling are legal. Like, I never use the name "Ciphered" when rickrolling others, for fear of them finding me on forums and social networking sites.
Cyber-bullying and hacking, however, are illegal almost internationally...

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
*Mind of a Teenager*
Escuse me copz but someone called me ugly on facebook.
BAHAHAH, THAT ALL KID? GET A LIFE!

Of course that's not what would actually happen, but that's what they assume would happen. If you didn't use the Internet the way you do now, wouldn't you think it would be silly to say that?

C

Ciphered

*Mind of a Teenager*
Escuse me copz but someone called me ugly on facebook.
BAHAHAH, THAT ALL KID? GET A LIFE!

Of course that's not what would actually happen, but that's what they assume would happen. If you didn't use the Internet the way you do now, wouldn't you think it would be silly to say that?
My theory is, they think it's no big deal, and they call upon inner resilience and try to ignore it, but at a subconscious level, their subconscious mind is processing so much thoughts about that it eventually and repeatedly surfaces into the thought processes of the conscious mind, and the individual inevitably snaps.
Now, me, I don't have much stuff happening to me that equates to bullying. One guy does something similar to me a lot, and although I dismiss it since it's not critical (e.g. his words aren't negative to my current philosophical, ethical, and moral mindset), it can be compared to bullying that actually cuts into your mind, saying things like "you're a horrible ugly guy and should jump off a cliff", etc.

If their words aren't critical and they don't universally cut into people, then they could either be deflected or cut in further, depending on your mindset.

Walker1212

Reaction score
Website
phantom.smfnew.com
Just for him to post this is horrid, this shouldn't be going through minecraft.

P.S. Me raging at people does not fall under this. I only do that when people have earned my wrath due to utter lack of common sense, or pissing me off through their actions.
Still, your raging doesn't make them feel good, does it?

I understand the "pissing me off through their actions" though

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Just for him to post this is horrid, this shouldn't be going through minecraft.

Still, your raging doesn't make them feel good, does it?

I understand the "pissing me off through their actions" though
But everyone rages when someone is being a complete Dick or has no common sense. :furious:

silvadude12

Reaction score
You people have to realize this. There are two real things in this world. Power. And Authority.
The bully on the playground has power over the little kids that are forced to obey him or be hurt. This bully, however, cannot contest to the teacher that catches him bullying.
The Pope has Authority over most of a religion, he sets the rules. This man, is only a man though. He can be put into jail and ignored, or shot and killed, etc.

These two terms can and will contradict eachother. Power and Authority are opposites, yet the same.
The one that is being bullied needs to realize that this bully does not have authority. Ignore the bully. He may be jealous of you, because you may have authority over him, etc.

I wish you the best of luck, those of authority. Tower over and ignore the bullies.
-sincerely, Israphial

C

Ciphered

You people have to realize this. There are two real things in this world. Power. And Authority.
The bully on the playground has power over the little kids that are forced to obey him or be hurt. This bully, however, cannot contest to the teacher that catches him bullying.
The Pope has Authority over most of a religion, he sets the rules. This man, is only a man though. He can be put into jail and ignored, or shot and killed, etc.

These two terms can and will contradict eachother. Power and Authority are opposites, yet the same.
The one that is being bullied needs to realize that this bully does not have authority. Ignore the bully. He may be jealous of you, because you may have authority over him, etc.

I wish you the best of luck, those of authority. Tower over and ignore the bullies.
-sincerely, Israphial
I recognize both Authority and Power.
Power is the ability of asserting your dominance, yet you can be easily defied.
Authority is the ability of having your rules enforced among many people, and that is hard to defy.
I've been in JROTC for about three months now, and I've been in Scouting for around 9 years.
People with power can rise and fall rather quickly from a historian's viewpoint.
Authority figures could last a lot longer.
A lot.
It all depends on how you use it.
Sadly, I'm too tired to think of an example. I've had to think all day, and I discussed whether or not I should become a politician to my friends. That question's been plaguing me since I woke up and remembered that tomorrow was Election Day.

Reactions: silvadude12

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com

-sincerely, Israphial
I was originally going to respond with something philosophical, when I realized that it's not in the best interests of anyone here to start any philosophical debates. We're a community primarily composed of people under the age of 20. They're not going to lead anywhere. I'm just pointing this out in case anyone feels they've got the best opinion ever and this guy disagreeing with me is so wrong here's why.