Reflecting back...

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
August 16, 2011. That was one hell of a long time ago, the exact date which I posted my second application for zombies, my first one being denied. And it also makes me realize how much I've matured since than. (http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/emo-squirrels-trusted-application.671/)

I'd like to take the time to thank the Zombies Server, and especially the people, for coming along with me on this 'journey'. For making me the man I am today. For some of you who do end up knowing me a bit better than the rest, I can be... a bit erratic with my temperments. I feel that this whole staffing experiments has allowed to grow past the problem, and control it. Also, I've learned a consistent typing style that suits me well while staffing c:

I guess this thread could be used as 'looking back when I joined/applied' type of thing now?

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Thanks to a friend I'm not in contact with anymore (yoshirider9000) I learned 'bout the server and spent ridiculous amounts of time on it. There was even that one time where I played for 50 hours in a week on that horrible laptop I used to have.

It took quite a while for me to apply, and I kinda think that I shoulda started asking for references sooner, now that I know how easy it was to get them at the time. And then I ended up being one of the people that had the longest runs as trusted, 8 months and 3 weeks.

It was a nice run.

Reactions: fredmandood

fredmandood

Reaction score
I played A HECK OF A LOT OF HOURS.
:D

Came in contact with the server through school, the kids in my class seemed to think that minecraft was some kind of AWESOMENESS. So, I got the password to the account that most of my friends were using. But when the owner changed it, I got my own account :3
From there, I found the ZS server, and immediately loved it. A lot of people knew me back then, even though I didn't talk that much when I was on. And I was on a lot.
Because of me not talking much, I left the server. I came back one time, and got addicted again. This is when I decided to reach out in the community, and help out the server against rulebreakers. So later I began to ask for references.
I love and will always remember the zombie survival server, even when I leave the community in the NOT SO NEAR FUTURE xD

So that's my story, I want to hear others :3

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score
Man i joined zombie back in march of 2011 and i still remember having such a hard time joining zombie half the time cause zombie was full most the time xD. I went posted my trusted application sometime in august http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/killer1525s-trusted-application.869/ with matt_allen, cliffy100, and airkid as my references :D i got trusted the same day emo did so when became trusted buddies after that :D and after staffing zombie for almost 7-8 months it was one hell of a blast staff zombie so its sad to see my favorite blocktopia server going down :cry: .

Airkid

Reaction score
I first joined the zombie survival server some time back in early December 2010(joined TheOnes in November) and I always played continuously from when I woke up until I went to sleep. Each single hour of the day I had I would spend it on the server, I wouldn't even look outside of my window, or go and have lunch/dinner with my family.
I remember seeing IntensiK getting promoted to HC/Director on the map himmel and people freaking about about it and saying, "Screenie taken!" and the only thought that went through my mind at that time was, " y da heck is dis so important!?" Then later on, on Christmas day I saw snowma, Sasher and Oder all get promoted to op at once and I thought to myself, " I want to be just like them when I'm older." (this was on the map domezone or something like that)
I've made several new friends on the server, including people I still talk to this day on a daily basis.( LetterP and mariosatr) I'll always remember waking up on a nice summers day, turning on my computer and just automatically receive a call from either Letter or Mario on Skype and talk until we went to sleep.(I remember once Marios mother was whispering to him that I was a pedo and that he should stop talking with me.)Then the process repeated itself for the rest of summer. Of course, I have made several more friends such as killer1525, Marnixxie and many other people but if I named them all, it would take hours to read them all, but Letter and Mario have been the ones that I never stopped talking to.
By spending a lot of time on this server and becoming an operator twice, it has made my life better. I've improved in so many things in life, such as my maturity. I used to be an annoying kid to some people(I could still be in some people's opinion) but I have changed tremendously. Spending time on this server has also helped me in my academics. I used to get 50-60% in my English tests due to not knowing where to put punctuation,grammar or not knowing how to spell a word but being on the server has improved it a lot. From getting 50-60% in my tests and exams I went on to getting 85-90% in my tests and exams. I'm one of the top in my class because of this. I've also learnt how to deal with situations better. I used to just spam out swear words and hope to win, but now I know how to deal with them without having to use that language.
I've always had fun on this server, but I'm afraid the sad new has arrived :(
Airkid

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
Where do I begin with the zombie server? I go back with it to the day I first joined bt but it was short lived in March 2011 it was until later in the fall of 2011, that I started to get more into it. I remember when I first applied for zombie trusted (http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/accepted-zps-zombie-trusted-application.4148/) I thanked lily and killer for giving me the references around that time and without anyone supporting me during that time and helping me along the way I wouldn't of became Zombie Op in February 2012. All in all, I have been heavily inactive and now leaving this community (Nothing against premium it's fun for some, just not for me) it was a nice run met some great people that became eventually friends like killer or mac or anyone else I can name.

I shall miss this server greatly and will always remember the people I met. So goodnight zombie survival I wish you a nice sleep, you certainly deserve it

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
Goodness. So the first time I ever came across Blocktopia was Lava, Then I hopped onto Zombie and it was amazing. I thought the zombies were bots who chased humans around but I loved it. So the more I played the more I tried to get to know those who staffed the servers. I remember there being a time when I was desperate to be a staff member. I tried my hardest and eventually made an application. So I wake up and its the first thing I check and I was over the moon to see so many +1's. So I did my best and when I got OP I was happy then too. Then Vetop. Then.. then everything started to get a bit less exciting. Everyones vetop got taken away, I lost interest and I stopped playing. Demoted back down to player. I do slightly regret just giving up like that instead of maybe doing the mature thing and resigning and I can't claim to be one of the last people to play Zombie but I know there was a time when all I wanted to do was play. It was fun and I've met a lot of awesome awesome people on it. Who didn't mainly go about trying to get to know me because I have breasts.

So thanks Zombie :3

Dio4344

Reaction score
I first logged into the zombie server May 8th 2012, it was such a good server I went on before i did my homework after homework before studying after studying, I was intrested in trusted during september then got it on November 24th, such a good server, when I got ip banned I was going to cry because I though there was no way to appeal, cause it was so much fun, My bro finally found a way and its this great community. gonna miss you <3

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
Welp, I joined Zombie Survival, after my friend had gotten me banned from another build server which I had been playing on. This was back in the late Summer of 2011. I originally got quite tired of the server, and left, but eventually came back after a extended time away from all things computer related. I began to enjoy the server more, although still being quite immature and naive. I later applied, simply because I wanted the rank more or less, and was denied. However, I continued to play, and began to see that one does not just become staff because they want a cool title, or a bit of power. I made some friends and memories, and reapplied, this time being accepted. I continued to staff, later being promoted to Op. My high school career began, and thinking I'd have lots of work and be completely engulfed in my grades, I resigned. I later returned to the server, realizing that my resignation most likely was not needed, reapplying and once again (eventually), being promoted to Op. I continued to staff, making many new friends and great memories. I recently resigned, and I guess I should have stuck around to the end of the server, but my interests had wavered, and my schedule had once again become much more rigid.

I must thank Zombie for some of the greatest memories in Blocktopia, it truly was a great time, and I thank everyone that I had the pleasure to play with and staff with on the server! :)

JayApple

Reaction score
Uhhh, I don't care when I joined, but I'm going to say I joined a while ago. I was looking through servers. They all sucked. Let's be honest. Then I finally saw zombies, which was my first Blocktopia server. I actually had this really old account [ Which I obviously don't remember ]. I played zombie for like 1 round, but I sucked at it so bad I completely forgot about it then came back with my better account JappaApple. I was introduced by Intensik. Which was the best months of my blocktopia days. Then since he didn't come on that often, Avant took his spot. It was Fun. But then waaay later shit got down. I don't think of him like before. But anyways, I tried to get into staff. TRIED. But realized that I couldn't cause I was childish back then, I still am, and cause I was getting denied too much. Which made me sad. Either way, The most fun I had was in classic. Them good times.
But it's not the server I'm going to miss. It's the players.

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
It was back around October to November 2010 when I was still playing on my account 'xlushx'. I remember I was still a builder on another freebuild server in classic. Then, my irl best friend, iLiL, who used to be an op here, recommended me to Zombie Survival. I remember my first sentence there was "How do I play this?" and some friendly op gave me instructions. My first maps, I recalled, was a 64x64x64 map with the words "Zombie Survival" and some map called Clockwork (I think) who had this high building that extending to the ceilings and I used to climb up all the time. I also remember how noobish I was, like hiding in small wooden huts as a human with some other noobish humans I believe, and then getting caught. I still recall that confusing time when TheOnes was changed to Blocktopia, and I was horrified when I couldn't find the server on wom. There wasn't things called parkour at that time, and it was just pure running and hiding.

I was still young back then, around 12, and I didn't take the rules seriously and enabled hacks on my wom. There was one day where suddenly I could fly, and being very enthusiastically silly, I typed, "Why can I fly?" There was this op on at that time who questioned me whether I was using wom, and I answered yes in a very stupid way. I thought that ops had the power to control whether hacks were allowed or not, and thus I thought by telling that op I had the right to fly :m Thus I floated around and flew past zombies who were looking quite confused.

Then my stupidity led me to a 3 month ban. I was playing on pokemonstadium and suddenly I realised I could hack. When the next map was loaded, I very excitedly flew about the to of the map and zooming around and around, when bam! I was banned by Jowe.
I still remember one part of my ban appeal my ban appeal:
What were you doing before you got banned: i was playing and suddenly i realised i could jump very high on the map pokemon stadium on the steps so i decided to hack and fly in the next map??
I only realised that I made a grave mistake when many of the high position staff started discussing about my ban appeal. Afterwards, I was really, really, really ashamed of what I had did and went without zs for a year and created this new username.

Afterwards, I started anew around october last year. I still remember the first time I logged into the server using this u/n, and of course, I felt really out of place and made a lot of weird stupid comments. Then my attachment to zombie survival grew again. I made acquaintances, mainly because I was a really awkward person and my own low self-esteem prevented me from having conversations with anyone and most of the time I just prefered to stay in a corner of the map and read what others were chatting about.

What I'm here to say is that even though I wasn't really close with anyone, and I barely made contact with some people in zs, really, you guys, those that I normally just say hi and goodbye without making any conversations, thank you so much for making zombie survival the fun place that it is today. I know I'll definitely miss you guys when the server closes.

L

Later_Gator

> Joined [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival
> Lag-pillared and glitched all day, erryday
> Accumulated a very high warn level
> Became very close to a ban
> Changed my act
> Submitted my school map
> Became trusted
> Became operator
> Resigned (due to stupidity)
> Became trusted
> Became operator
> Resigned (due to stupidity)
> Came back
> Left
> Came back
> Left
> Came back
> Left
> Came back
> Asked for temp ban from the server a few times
> Left
> Came back

So yeah.

(I'll edit with a more serious post later on.)

EDIT: Ehh, I'm not sure I'll get around to it...it's just been a great ride, that's all you need to know.

Txboy1234

Reaction score
Well I joined this server April 26th, 2011 even though I did join TNT sometime back in January of that year. The first period I came into this server I didn't know many people and I didn't talk much back then. I still remember asking Cliffy for help when I needed it and I got to know him "somewhat" but not alot. There was a period after that that I had left the server and gone back to tnt and after months of that I came back here to stay.

I applied for trusted back in July, wow I can't believe it's getting close to a year from when I was a trusted. I was a trusted for about a month then I became op for about 3 months. That's a long story made short. :p

Now this goes to everyone, you have no idea how much I enjoyed playing/reffing among the other great people/players that came to this server. I tried my best to please everyone on this server and I hope I did.

I would say specific things about certain people but i'd end up forgetting some and that wouldn't be fair. But all in all those "certain" people should know how I feel about them without me having to bring it up. :)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I joined on August the 22nd in 2011, 10 days after one of my friends and 'rivals' kraby1 joined. When I first joined I was nothing like you know me today, back then I was not very social, shy, scared to even type in the chat whereas today I'm probably one of the most chattiest on the servers! Zombie helped me to overcome my fears as I slowly gained a reputation, matured and found out how helpful I could be. I met many good friends during my times such as kraby1, gassy_europeon, cbreezy, airkid and much, much more. On a casual day on sunspots I gained my first reference for trusted from the one and only AvantGarde, we had talked a lot at the time and followed by jolasveinn. Unlike most others I didn't want to apply with 2 references (as that was the requirements at the time) but I wanted to get around 5, which I achieved! The others came from dannyboymed, Snowma and smelyalata who have also been great people to be with on the server! I was accepted on the 30th of September 2011 to the 21st of October 2011 when I became an operator. Sadly I got bored of Classic overtime and purposely tried to demote myself to Trusted through inactivity which... worked. From then to the 13th of April 2012 I enjoyed my time as Trusted and then on that day I was promoted again to operator and then resigned due to lack of interest on the 15th of June 2012. I disappeared from then, scared I was going to disappoint everyone by resigning and moved fully to Premium around November 2012 but I had been playing for quite a bit before that. I revisited zombie in March 2013 and welp, I wish I could have came back sooner knowing that the server is closing tomorrow. Have I had my ups and downs, yes; at several points I was even unhappy with some staff who in the present day I talk to and get along with (was just unhappy with the way they staffed, a minor reason to why I resigned)

The friendships I have made in Zombie not only helped me in Blocktopia but in real life too, now I am much more sociable in real life and know how to get along with people. I am truly saddened that Zombie is closing so soon but happy it doesn't have to suffer the painful death it's been through. Even though the closing day is tomorrow it has been nice seeing everyone come back in these last days. May Zombie live long in our hearts.

And that is my story of zombie survival.

EDIT: Oh gosh how could I forget me meeting with some of my closest Blocktopia friends: jackamel, Dumbshooter and nottycat! And WillChill c:

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
June 2011.
wow.
One of the first things I remember is Airkid getting promoted. That was ages ago now.
First blocktopia server that I played on has now gone. All those people like gassy, notty and everyone else I saw. Nearly 2 years ago. Goodbye zombie survival.