Rank benefits

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I know crafter has a bunch of utility bonuses, dunno about the others, but I quite like the idea of introducing sell shops with better deals as ranks increase. For example, extend that elevator in the mansiony thing to go by rank past the second floor. Crafters could be able to sell string and planks, apprentices could sell gravel itself without needing to convert to flint, ability to sell netherrack cheaper than bricks (like the stone/cobble trade), etc. New floors with shops (and better prices at some point too) to look forward to every rank would be awesome.

Also for the love of god, if this is implemented, set down a crafting table or furnace area in the higher shops for convenience so we don't have to walk back and forth so much please <3

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
We're thinking of a few rankup incentives right now-- I think there should definitely be a way for players to gain more cookies as higher ranks (but maybe not from selling). However I think this system could get easily abused because a normal Player could just give all of his sellable stuff to a Grandmaster who could then sell shit at a higher price without actually mining anything. i'd prefer something like having a mining pickaxe (eff IV unbr III diamond) available for purchase for higher ranks which they could then use to mine more&faster and thus earn more cookies. this pickaxe could be soulbound too.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
We're thinking of a few rankup incentives right now-- I think there should definitely be a way for players to gain more cookies as higher ranks (but maybe not from selling). However I think this system could get easily abused because a normal Player could just give all of his sellable stuff to a Grandmaster who could then sell shit at a higher price without actually mining anything. i'd prefer something like having a mining pickaxe (eff IV unbr III diamond) available for purchase for higher ranks which they could then use to mine more&faster and thus earn more cookies. this pickaxe could be soulbound too.
It is hardly abusing though is it? Why would anyone give away items they could sell for cookies to get a higher rank to someone who also wants to get a higher rank? Afaik you can't trade cookies so it wouldn't really be abused at all.

In my opinion the whole shop prices needs redoing to be more realistic, I don't see anyone getting Grandmaster by selling 50,000 items at lets say an average price of 0.30 cookies per item. (Not to mention the amount of cookies you need to rank up through previous ranks) You could then argue that by the time they're master they'll have a diamond pickaxe with Fortune III on it, but they'd still have to grind out the mining to even find diamonds/emeralds and even then it isn't guaranteed that they'll find any. Cookies aren't as important as they used to be anymore so I think the prices for a majority of items that aren't particularly easy to get or commonly sold should be increased.

For example, what's the point in fishing when the fish sells for next to nothing, when you could simply mine ore and make more money while doing something that doesn't make you feel brain dead? Plus it is hardly an incentive to go fishing when your fish sells for a quarter of a cookie and I doubt anyone would waste levels on a fishing rod when getting a Fortune III pickaxe is the better option, considering it'll be easier to make money with it while mining coal, lapis, diamond and emerald (essentially making fishing completely redundant and thus worthless).

Reactions: Hunter

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
normal Player could just give all of his sellable stuff to a Grandmaster who could then sell shit at a higher price without actually mining anything.
this would in fact be doable, assuming players have the ability to pay others for items or services with a /pay

but as is, players cannot trade cookies anyway afaik

assuming players are greedy this would promote a sort of economy

maybe even implement a /pay only usable by journeyman or above, with an auction plugin letting the rank above that sell items through an auction, with the server taking a percentage off as tax

Reactions: Friendy