• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

Random Q&As

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Correct me if theres already a thread about this.
I thought about making a thread where you ask a random question and someone answers it, followed by their question.
My question: If you eat yourself, do you either get bigger or disappear completely?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
If you were to literally eat yourself, well, GJ; you've done something completely stupid.
Though to properly answer the question, you would convert what ever part of yourself you ate into it's nutrients and feed it to your remaining cells, so long as y0u don't eat something vital to your circulatory system or to simply living.

Now unless you had access to something that could completely regrow the parts of your self you ate I would not recommend this method.

Now for something less disgusting (though it may be jut as, if not more, disturbing as eating your self): how fast would a human have to travel in the Earth's atmosphere to fuse with the air molecules and cause a massive plasma-ball of death and destruction equal to that of a baseball going 90% the speed of light?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that a Human going 90% the speed of light would create a plasma ball hundreds of times the size of what a base ball could do, seeing as a human would be able to fuse with more air molecules than a baseball....
Though it would take some seriously complicated calculations to actually find the right speed, if that's even possible.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that a Human going 90% the speed of light would create a plasma ball hundreds of times the size of what a base ball could do, seeing as a human would be able to fuse with more air molecules than a baseball....
Though it would take some seriously complicated calculations to actually find the right speed, if that's even possible.
You have to either answer my question or put yours.
Also, what about the Flash?

Y

YouWould

Also, what about the Flash?
The Flash is able to travel at speeds such as this because he is protected by the Speed Force (And only marginally his suit, compared to the Speed Force). Now, a better question would be
What about Quicksilver?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Simpler answer: the Flash ignores the laws of physics.

Then again, if the Flash really DID run as fast or faster than light, He'd be able to reach the moon from the Earth in less than a second, though he might explode from upon contact with the moon if he fails to stop in time. Also, he'd probably scorch half the Earth' surface in the process.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
The speed of light is 300000 kilometers per second.
If you're looking for 90% speed of light, that would be 300000/10 to find 10% (30000km/s)
Multiply that by 9 to find 90% the speed of light (270000)

Not that complicated

Reactions: Jivvi

Catcocomics

Reaction score
The complication isn't finding 90% the speed of light.

The complication is calculating how much more massive the plasma ball will be from a human compared to a baseball going the same speed, and then trying to find how fast a human would have to go to create a plasma ball equal to a baseball going at 90% light speed, if it is even possible to make a human replicate the plasma ball of a baseball going 90% light speed.

Also, we'd have to know the physical characteristics of the average human to get the most accurate answer.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=#fff4e5]The complication isn't finding 90% the speed of light.[/BCOLOR]
The complication is calculating how much more massive the plasma ball will be from a human compared to a baseball going the same speed, and then trying to find how fast a human would have to go to create a plasma ball equal to a baseball going at 90% light speed, if it is even possible to make a human replicate the plasma ball of a baseball going 90% light speed.

Also, we'd have to know the physical characteristics of the average human to get the most accurate answer.
Tuna