Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
IGN: Ragetastic96
Time-zone: GMT-5
How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?

During the summer I can spend 5-8 hours on weekdays. It's usually the same on weekends but are a little less predictable. When school starts I can still manage 3-5 a day or more.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?

On Operator’s job is to keep the server an enjoyable and fair place for everyone. This involves many things. S/he has to make sure the rules are being followed and know how to deal with rule breakers. This involves kicking/banning if necessary and making sure the rule breakers understand why what they have done is not allowed. A staff member should also be a fun person to be around, no one likes a stuck-up or intimidating Op. S/he also has the responsibility to keep up with the forums and respond to ban appeals/staff applications when necessary.

What sets you apart from other applicants?

This may not set me apart from the others, but growing up I have been taught to reason very well. I see past the surface and this has given me good knowledge of Common Sense. Being with this Community on-and-off for two and a half years now, I feel like my ability to reason would be a good asset. I do have some past experience with staffing minecraft servers (including this one) , so I do know how to deal with your average griefer/rule breaker. In-Game I am very active in the chat and online in general. I do not get angry very easily and when I do I usually don’t show it in chat (Ironic, considering what my name is, eh?). Most importantly, I enjoy trying to welcome the lower-ranked players and making it a more fun experience for them. It's never bothered me to let anyone in my house, and I like to exchange conversation with new players. I treat all on the server with the utmost respect, no matter the rank.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?

Like I mentioned in my past App, my typing ability isn’t too spot on. I’m slower then average and I have the occasional typo. My biggest character flaw is my tendency to get defensive. I try to think about what someone is telling me when being criticized, but I often look at it the wrong way. It's somewhat natural for anyone, but that's no excuse when being given constructive criticism. I have thought about this flaw a lot, and should I get staff again I will do my best not to let it ever become an issue.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

This would depend on the situation. If it was an issue with a player or command I would contact another Op or Staff member for help or advice on the matter. If it was a staff member abusing his/her powers I would try to get ahold of a higher-ranked staff. (Probably through TeamSpeak)

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
I staffed as an RoF operator on trial for 2 weeks. (About a year ago) (Should you have questions about my prior experience here, feel free to ask.)

References: Butamou, Hoogilan, CaffeinatedKitty

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
Rage, I saw you a bit back before you went inactive for a while, and although we didn't talk much I still noticed you. You've always been a fairly vocal guy, fun to be around, but like you mentioned, you can get defensive at times. I know I said you can be quiet at time, but I thought about it and that's mostly in comparison to the recent upsurge of Starbutts™, and the other quirky events that have popped up. I quite enjoy your come back, but those words do worry me, you've only been back a month or so, and last time you lost your position you went off and disappeared. I think you're a fun person, helpful when needed, you know when to step up, and your time back here in Blocktopia leaves more to be desired, but I myself was/still am fairly recent in coming back from a period of inactivity, yet here I am, staffing two servers.

Overall, while I myself was just recently accepted, I'll be voting a +1 for a trial, after all that's what they're there for. I think there's a few things you can work on, but you've hit them all on the head yourself, which is something I like, the ability to actually identify problems and dealing with them.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ragetastic96

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
You have a (small) bit of experience, and it was disappointing to see you leave. Having a small amount of experience will help greatly, so it would be easier to slide into the position.

That being said, I haven't seen you on the server at all for a long while. Because I haven't seen you, I don't know if you've changed at all, or if you have if it was for the better or the worse.

For that reason, I'll be giving you a 0

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even though I haven't seen you a heap, I have seen you and when I do you're vocal, friendly and tend to invite new players in with open arms. From what I've seen you're quite active - or atleast active enough and Despite not seeing you much recently (My activity has been a bit strained recently, but that should pick up once the holidays start which isn't in too long, I apologise for that). I think you'd do well to at least have a trial which is why I'm going to give you a weak +1 (weak mostly because of my lack of activity). If you get the trial make me glad I gave this to you - don't let your defensiveness get out of hand and good luck on the remainder of your application ;)

EDIT: I also like your application - it gets straight to the point whilst still being a sufficient length and as coolio said - it also really does it the nail on the head, the questions are beautifully answered. With your even slight amount of experience you should slide into the position easier than someone with none.
(P.S - Don't worry about being a slow typer, it'll be fine c: )

• Thank You

Tamzies

Reaction score
I did promise you that I would write my reply later this day and that will be now. Rage you are a very friendly player and you always invite everyone into your house. Making no differences between players and grand masters. You have a good place in the community and you can get along with everyone, you are always typing in chat and very active in the community. I love the overall cleanness of your application and that says a lot about your personality, it looks very clean and professional. The fact that you have typo's make you human, everyone makes mistakes and that is alright. I do think that the Defensiveness can become a problem, but I am sure you will handle everything professional and if things go wrong you can contact someone to help you with the situation.

The commands are not going to be a problem, since you have been an Operator some time ago. You should keep up the good work you do with new players, they feel welcomed and I do think they can come to you with questions. You are professional enough to handle rule breakers or major grief. A trial would certainly something that would suit you and I hope you will ace it, although I do not think you need to worry about failing it.

You are online most of the time and when you are online you are not AFKing constantly. I respect you as a player and I think you would be a perfect fit for the ROF team.

I think I stated everything I wanted to say, keep up the good work!

+1 From me!

Tamzies Out!

• Thank You

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Hello, I have two questions. As a Trial Operator you were dismissed for power abuse and infighting. How do you answer to the reasons behind this? What will you do to prevent those same problems from arising should you be accepted this time?

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Concerning the command abusing, I was told that was minor. IT still was not appropriate, and when warned I did stop. The arguing that followed was the bigger issue, from my stand point. Looking back at it, I got defensive about things that really weren't a big deal, and didn't take the constructive criticism like I should have. If I said I 100% agreed with their decision, I would be lying, but I can see now why it was a serious concern in the eyes of the Directors/Controllers.

I can give you my word that command abusing will never be a problem. My experience as an op did teach me what is frowned upon and inappropriate to use/overuse command wise. As far as arguing goes, I've had a lot of time to think back to the events last August. I have worked on not getting so defensive in real life. It's been an issue at school as well, and I think I've made good progress. All of this is just my word, but I hope my actions as a player lead you to believe me, and will prove it if given the trial.

Last edited:

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Concerning the command abusing, I was told that was minor. IT still was not appropriate, and when warned I did stop. The arguing that followed was the bigger issue, from my stand point. Looking back at it, I got defensive about things that really weren't a big deal, and didn't take the constructive criticism like I should have. If I said I 100% agreed with their decision, I would be lying, but I can see now why it was a serious concern in the eyes of the Directors/Controllers.

I can give you my word that command abusing will never be a problem. My experience as an op did teach me what is frowned upon and inappropriate to use/overuse command wise. As far as arguing goes, I've had a lot of time to think back to the events last August. I have worked on not getting so defensive in real life. It's been an issue at school as well, and I think I've made good progress. All of this is just my word, but I hope my actions as a player lead you to believe me, and will prove it if given the trial.
That is a quality answer, and I appreciate you sitting down to write it. Thank you

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Rage, you are mature and nice to the lower-ranked players, which is definitely a good thing. It's always nice to see players of higher ranks welcoming the newer players. Making typos isn't really a flaw- no one's immune to it. Your small amount of experience definitely helps, and as far as I've seen, you're an active, talkative player. I think that you'd do well(as shown by my reference ^^)) and I look forward to your acceptance. +1

• Thank You

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hey Rage,

I don't recall the incident stated earlier that led to your demotion. However, my experience with you has always been positive. You're very helpful on the server and you get along with most people. I know from my previous experience of you as a trial op, that you will do well in enforcing the rules and helping others when needed. I would love to see you serve alongside the ROF staff team. A solid +1 for me.

Sincerely,
Kevin_28 (The Rocketeer)

• Thank You

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
From my experiences, I see you quite often. You try your best to help people when you can. This I see each day I'm on. Being on each day, you're probably one of the more active users of the server. This would go a long way for having another op on in IRC, when no other ops are online. From last year to now, I've seen you go from how you were back in 2013 to how you are now, you've definitely gotten friendlier. I remember back then it felt more you were just out for the kill, like in KotL. Now it's not quite like that. Now it's more that you're not out for KotL, but for helping new players out, have a friendly discussion with other players in the server, and make things more enjoyable at the same time. From what I see in the way you responded to Bib, you really do seem to have an interest in this. I'm glad about how serious you seem, too. Although I was away during your trial session last time, I think you should have a second chance this time around, so +1.

• Thank You

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
You've been around, you stick around for no reason other than to enjoy the server, and your ontime is amazing. I'm all in favor of a +1 . Whenever you're on (when I see you on) you make homes with others and you socialize in the chat. And I sure hope you keep these tendencies when I'm not on ;) You're also assertive, which sometimes is the attitude that's needed to get things done. I'm all in for a trail for Rage, and good luck with the rest of the app!

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm all for seeing how a trial would go. I haven't seen too much of you but that's more my problem with schedules and all. Judging from the other staff opinions, you've changed for the better. I'd definitely say a trial would be the best determiner for you. Again, I can't give a fair opinion due to my activity, but I'm all for second chances.

Tentative +1 with trial.

• Thank You

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I have noticed you are a very friendly player to be around with. You help out new players. When staff are not online and they are needed you try to get hold of them. However your demotion hurt my image of you, but since it been almost a year since your demotion and you had a good reply to bib's comment, I will give you a +1. Just don't mess up again.

• Thank You

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
You know, I remember the first time you staffed on RoF. You were so eager to help, and you did stumble. But from those stumbles we learn quite a lot. My mistakes here in Blocktopia have taught me much of what I know about staffing and leadership, along with how I and other perceive aspects and scenarios. I am thankful you have held on to try for Operator once more, because that tenacity has paid off! As of today, you are hereby a full staff member on our server. You should be proud! Congratulations, and welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.