Radio Blocktopia: Blocktopia's Official Plug Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In an effort to kick ghosts out of the plug room all ghosts kicked lost their ranks. This includes resident DJ's and bouncers. So for the next couple of days we'll be restoring ranks. IQDestructor , Biblius , Old_Man_Oak_63 , iiDeathCookies
or you could turn off the cycle to filter out ghosts from the list like you were pinged to do many many times but ignored

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net

Shanebat1

Reaction score
or you could turn off the cycle to filter out ghosts from the list like you were pinged to do many many times but ignored
yeah, what you could do to solve the problems of DJ's staying on is you could turn off DJ Cycle
(To do that press this)

this probably wont be needed though since as far as i can tell the issue has been fixed, but if it does occur again just turn off "DJ Cycle". It makes it so that people have to rejoin the waitlist after their turn; So keep it on if everything is fine. Also if it happens again, to make sure people are online just ping them with @.

tl:dr use this next time

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
yeah, what you could do to solve the problems of DJ's staying on is you could turn off DJ Cycle
(To do that press this)

this probably wont be needed though since as far as i can tell the issue has been fixed, but if it does occur again just turn off "DJ Cycle". It makes it so that people have to rejoin the waitlist after their turn; So keep it on if everything is fine. Also if it happens again, to make sure people are online just ping them with @.

tl:dr use this next time
If this was needed by some people why are those people staff

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter and Naoh

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
If this was needed by some people why are those people staff
There are issues with people being stuck in the waitlists and with ghosts, they're being worked on. Also, those who were in the waitlists were largely not staff, but players. And as always, should someone see an issue with a staff member, they are welcome to message me about it. But that's not the issue. From my own observation, this isn't the fault of the staff, but of the ghosting problem with plug itself. I've been periodically logging off and on for hour intervals. In the hours I've been gone, it seems my account has stayed in the waitlist, even though I closed the tab of the room.

EDIT: I've added the Honorary Bouncers as well asFeatured DJ's to the rank list, in case anything should happen.

SECOND EDIT: Also, I was aware of the solution Shanebat suggested, and we've implemented it.

Impromptu Plug.DJ News
-The ghosting issue has been fixed!
-Consequently, the DJ Cycle has been re-enabled.
Plug.DJ Staff
-Jivvi has failed trial.
-Lovedaice & Std1997 has resigned from their ranks.
-DieLorelei has been handpicked to Bouncer​

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Haysagar

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Even More News
-Staff Applications are officially open! Please post apps in this thread, staff will decide on them within 2 weeks' time.
-We will be having a Halloween party Friday, only Halloween-themed music may be played then. The interpretation will be left up to staff, but will be fairly lenient.
Promotions/Demotions
-Haysagar has resigned from Manager, please thank him for his work!
-Samlen has been promoted to Manager.
-Asaechao has been promoted Bouncer on trial.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There are issues with people being stuck in the waitlists and with ghosts, they're being worked on. Also, those who were in the waitlists were largely not staff, but players. And as always, should someone see an issue with a staff member, they are welcome to message me about it. But that's not the issue. From my own observation, this isn't the fault of the staff, but of the ghosting problem with plug itself. I've been periodically logging off and on for hour intervals. In the hours I've been gone, it seems my account has stayed in the waitlist, even though I closed the tab of the room.

EDIT: I've added the Honorary Bouncers as well asFeatured DJ's to the rank list, in case anything should happen.

SECOND EDIT: Also, I was aware of the solution Shanebat suggested, and we've implemented it.

Impromptu Plug.DJ News
-The ghosting issue has been fixed!
-Consequently, the DJ Cycle has been re-enabled.
Plug.DJ Staff
-Jivvi has failed trial.
-Lovedaice & Std1997 has resigned from his rank.
-DieLorelei has been handpicked to Bouncer​
the point was why are people who have no idea how plug works staffing plug

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
the point was why are people who have no idea how plug works staffing plug
Right, but it's a bit silly to assume that there'd be instant familiarity with a bug that's literally never occurred before. That error was an unforeseen circumstance. It has nothing to do with familiarity and working knowledge of plug.dj. The current staff of plug are very capable, and I wouldn't have promoted them if they didn't know what they were doing.

• Love
Reactions: JKangaroo

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Plug Name: Vinzero

Time Zone: EST (GMT -4/5)

Previous Staff Experience: Multiple classic servers (Lava, Tnt, Build, Zombie), Early SMP, TTT.
[Plug (2 small rooms so i understand the commands and how they work)]

What would you bring to the Plug staff team? A large amount of activity (As long as im not in school or working), A massive variety of songs ranging from EDM, DnB, Chill, Rock, Vocaloid, Hip-hop, etc), Cool headed and contained but able to deal with any problem that arises. Also i have the ability to constantly learn and improve so whatever i don't know i will be eager to learn and use.

Tell us about yourself! I am Infernofox/Vino/Vinzero/(traitor) and I enjoy listening to and playing around with producing music. I have been a part of blocktopia since its early days when it was still TheOne's (Joined around mid 2010). Now i just lurk around TS and plug with the league room group mostly. I'm generally pretty chill and love cooking. So if you ever want a good recipe, some good tunes, or a nice hot man in your life im right here for you.

something something flashes 100$ bills in front of staff wink wink

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Right, but it's a bit silly to assume that there'd be instant familiarity with a bug that's literally never occurred before. That error was an unforeseen circumstance. It has nothing to do with familiarity and working knowledge of plug.dj. The current staff of plug are very capable, and I wouldn't have promoted them if they didn't know what they were doing.
To clarify, I meant not knowing how to disable the cycle and not being able to see that it would be a good idea to do so. I actually pinged 3+ managers repeatedly over the span of the glitch, sometimes they were all on at once. In the oh-so-rare instance that they might respond, they didn't care to heed my suggestion, despite it being also requested by yourself.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
To clarify, I meant not knowing how to disable the cycle and not being able to see that it would be a good idea to do so. I actually pinged 3+ managers repeatedly over the span of the glitch, sometimes they were all on at once. In the oh-so-rare instance that they might respond, they didn't care to heed my suggestion, despite it being also requested by yourself.
It is more than likely they were ghosting instead of being afk, but thank you for the clarification.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
volume three

Plug Name: Jivvi

Time Zone: GMT +10 (Australia EST)

Previous Staff Experience: bazingo one ignored app and one failed trial

What would you bring to the Plug staff team?
Hopefully friendliness, activity, and far too much electronic music
(I try to varietise i swear)
A level head, since much to Biblius' annoyance I don't censor things that I think could be done better. I can try and tone this down and present viable solutions, so it appears that I actually intend to help rather than taking the piss out on Bib's room. Also, as last time, I'm unfriendly towards very few, and try to keep an open and fair view on debacles. I also solemnly swear to never again ban Trevmaster9 to ensure that he goes to bed.

Tell us about yourself! I breathe a mixture of oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and many other gases. I quite like plug.dj as a place to share tastes with each other. I've been active in the old room for quite some time, and intend on maintaining this in the new room! It would be great to be able to help out that little bit more, also, especially as my timezone isn't massively populated all the time.
The reason I failed my last trial was constant squabbling with Haysagar. Rather than trying to make peace yet again (that's failed miserably many times), I've used his recent bouts that resulted in demotion to practice not getting sucked in and worked up over something as silly and pointless as immature arguing over what is literally nothing.

I would say that I am one of if not the most active person in the room, probably rivalled only by DieLorelei and Samlen, and I've been involved in the room, and the older rooms, for a very long time, pretty much since the first one was created. I enjoy sharing and picking up new music tastes with friends new and old, and would like to be able to help out, and help fix issues and stuff. Losing my train of thought, so I'll stop typing before I start talking about puppies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jivvi & Haysagar, we would all appreciate you take your debate to a pm. It's not relevant to the thread.
Except he did raise valid points, which should be addressed when considering my application. There's no point in hiding uncomfortable past happenings, but my main point was that I've worked to try and be better than then.

Status
Not open for further replies.