Radio Blocktopia: Blocktopia's Official Plug Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanebat1

Reaction score
Welcome to Blocktopia's Plug DJ Community!

Have you ever wanted to play music with your friends while you're on one of Blocktopia's
servers? Well this is the place for you! Here's a small guide on how to get started. (Updated guide courtesy of Haysagar.)

Getting started
You want to start by going to the plug website (https://plug.dj/).

Depending if you haven't made an account already you would
want to make an account. Click "Sign Up" in the middle of the
screen and a box like this will show up in the middle of your
screen. They also give you the option to sign in through your
Facebook.

If you already have an account click Login in the
top right corner. A box like the one below will
pop up in the middle of your screen.

Once logged in you will be redirected to your dashboard.

Now you could search for Radio Blocktopia 2.0 or simple click this link
https://plug.dj/blocktopia-official

Basics

So we have finally made it to the plug community. One thing I would like to
point out before I go on are the rules. Just some basic guidelines really.

Now onto the interface.

Red: Shows information about the community(name/rules)
Yellow: Shows the title of the song, and the video clip.
Green: Shows the DJ history.
Blue: Contains the Chat box, people currently online, and the waitlist(Click the
tabs at the top).
Pink: Shows your profile, Avatars, Recently played(for your account online), My
communities, and settings. Note: You can change your status by clicking your
Purple: Rating system.
Cyan: Adds you to the waitlist.
Orange: Contains your playlist, and shows what song will play next from your
playlist.

Playlist Information:

Making a playlist is quite simple.

We'll start with the Column marked yellow. This is where all your playlist will
be and where you make your playlists. To activate a playlist simple click the purple
checkmark beside the playlist. Now to add some songs. The search bar is outlined in red.
It's basically like searching for a song on YouTube or Soundcloud. Once you find the song
you want it should look something like this.

You simple click the + and add it to what playlist you want it in. That's it and now you are
ready to play your music!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Just a heads up, we're getting spotlighted sometime further down the road by the actual plug admins. I'm going to take this opportunity to post a public record of our Plug.dj "Staff". Colours are blatant ripoffs of traditional hierearchies. We're trying to keep the room fun, but make it a little more concrete so we're going to start paying attention to what we're playing and how we can promote the room.

Hosts:
Biblius

Managers:
IiDeathCookies
IQDestructor (Honorary)
Old_Man_Oak63 (Honorary)
Samlen

Bouncers:
DieLorelei
Myusername22
Ragetastic96
S_Swimmer (DJ •Squids• )
WiiGoGetter

Trial Bouncers:
Asaechao
Infernofox (Vino)

Featured DJ's:
Lizthehedgehog
Lovedaice
Spaceangel96 (Shioona)
Sploorky
Std1997
Toco_Toucan

Please pm me or my Manager(s) if you have complaints or commendations regarding plug staff.

Last edited:
L

Later_Gator

[BCOLOR=#333333]______Blocktopia's Rules for plug.dj______[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]4. Songs will be skipped after 6 minutes...............[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]5. No replays.............................................[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]6. Don't play the same artist twice in a row please...[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]7. Staff have final call...................................[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]8. Have fun. Or not. I'm a sign, not a cop.............[/BCOLOR]

Link: http://plug.dj/blocktopia-unofficial/

Keep in mind, while all genres can be played in our room, we highly encourage you to vary/expand your musical tastes. If you haven't noticed, we're growing, and not everyone may like the same genres. (That and it'd also be nice to not consistently hear the same type of music being played.) With all that being said, I hope to see you all join us and have a good time! Keep on pluggin'.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Hello friends, we at the plug room would like to take in some new staff. Below is the application, please post them here and I'll talk to my staff and come to a decision in at no more than 2 weeks. We will PM all accepted applications. If you do not hear back from myself or a Manager in 2 weeks, your app has probably been denied. (You can always PM me with questions about this.) Staff, you need to vote on these, so please approach me on the forums/irc/teamspeak/facebook to input on apps. If you don't vote, you don't get a say.

Plug Name:

Time Zone:

Previous Staff Experience:

What would you bring to the Plug staff team?

Tell us about yourself!

• Thank You
  • Useful
Reactions: Jivvi and JKangaroo

Calfish

A&T Fiesh
Reaction score
Plug Name: Calfish

Time Zone: +1 GMT

Lava Survival Operator and A&T Guide (2012) And currently RoF Trial Operator.

I would bring a good tune, a nice flow and a good atmosphere. I'd make sure everyone's happy and we have a friendly and good chat. Good music is the key to everything, eventually and that's the most important thing! If there's a need for help I will be there to help the person who needs it, and make sure this person gets the best experience out of plug.dj!

Tell us about yourself!
Well, I'm Calfish. I've been here for quite a while so most of you people know me already. I am an 18 year old boy from the Netherlands. I like almost all kinds of music. I am especially into rock music and I play the guitar. I currently possess 3 electric and 1 accoustic guitar. My favorite is my dearly loved Gibson Les Paul 60s tribute. My hobbies are collecting music, playing the guitar, rollerblading (almost getting sponsored, pics in the photography thread), photography and gaming. I am a very calm and friendly person.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Plug Name:
DJ •Squids•
Time Zone:
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
Operator on BuildBox (current!) and admin on 4 other minecraft servers.
I believe that I can be lighthearted and mature when needed. I go on plug.dj a lot and I have been on the top lobbies and have gotten a tiny bit friendly with some of that staff from time to time (I don't know if they remember me tho) so I have a feel for how plug.dj staff should be. I will also do my best to play songs that I believe the audience will like and keep the chat and music flowing smoothly.
Tell us about yourself!
I'm 14 years old and I mainly like EDM music and some Japanese too, but I appreciate all genres. I mostly play EDM but I have a couple songs that I might throw in here and there. I love plug.dj and believe I am pretty active there. Not sure there's much else to say here without being redundant.

MetalGearSolis

That kid with the avatar
Reaction score
Plug Name:
Pokemon Trainer Zack
Time Zone:
GMT -7
SMP Operator.
I like to play video gaming music on this, and edit the playlist by feedback. I will have a blast with everyone on here, having fun, while still keeping the rules in place. I love bringing players from RoF on to plug so we can all have a good time playing music while still playing, and feel that it's a great part of socializing in the community.

Tell us about yourself!
I'm Jorge, a member of the Blocktopia community for almost 3 years. I spend most of my time online playing RoF. I'm 15 years old and live in Arizona, and will be going into my Sophomore year of high school this August. I hope to get my driver's permit this November and then get my license in May, and have fun this year.

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
Plug Name: -Naoh-

Time Zone: GMT -5

Previous Staff Experience: Pretty much none, as I do not believe a trial counts.

What would you bring to the Plug staff team? Plug.dj is a fantastic way to bring music to you life, and experience and show off music with others. If I where to be part of the staff team, I would do my best to make sure that everyone follows the rules, while at the same time make sure that we all have fun. I try to play music that fits the mood/people will like, and have a very diverse collection of music.

Tell us about yourself! I've been a member of blocktopia for about 3 years or so now. I spend most of my time listening to music, which is one reason I think that this is a position that I would fit right into. I also read, watch anime, and play video games. I have not been as active as I would have liked of late, due to the fact that I lost my password to my Gmail account. I have since found it, and will be far more active.

Thanks for considering me.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Plug Name:
-Vino-
Time Zone:
GMT -5
Classic Lava, Classic build, Classic TNT, Classic Zombie, SMP
EDIT:Should have also probably noted i am staff on two other small-time plug.dj rooms, both are pretty inactive now to my knowledge now though.
Good music of a wide variety (especially in the elecronica area) Poorly executed jokes, godyr, montage parodies, more poorly executed jokes, false KOSes on golden valley, some anti jokes, complaints about being RDMd by chocolate/brick/gold for getting the secret knife, and most of all good music (mostly)

Tell us about yourself!
I am Infernofox/Vino, a pretty cool guy who does cool things like play guitar. Ive been in the community for a little over 5 years now and have been staff on every server at least once back when it was all primarily classic. I generally just chill on TS with the league community (no we are not cancerous contrary to popular belief) and hand out with cool people. Also i tell really bad jokes.

EDIT: mentioned something about staffing and another note on snappchatting random people googly eyes on inanimate objects.

Last edited:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Plug Name: Jivvi

Time Zone: GMT +10:00

Previous Staff Experience: Noneskis

What would you bring to the Plug staff team? Being on a whole bunch and been kind of pushing for actual moderation of the room

Tell us about yourself! I dislike ten hour breathing songs (Haysagar)

Edit: The staff list is also mighty messy with most everyone having a status as a Featured DJ, so including that in the clean-up would be nice too

Also, some current staff seem to be slightly misconductive, as one particular instance that stretched for a couple of days was joining to find a certain person was looping a playlist of 7-ish songs whilst afk, and the only bouncer present happened to be that same person

Last edited:

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Plug Name: Jivvi

Time Zone: GMT +10:00

Previous Staff Experience: Noneskis

What would you bring to the Plug staff team? Being on a whole bunch and been kind of pushing for actual moderation of the room

Tell us about yourself! I dislike ten hour breathing songs (Haysagar)

Edit: The staff list is also mighty messy with most everyone having a status as a Featured DJ, so including that in the clean-up would be nice too

Also, some current staff seem to be slightly misconductive, as one particular instance that stretched for a couple of days was joining to find a certain person was looping a playlist of 7-ish songs whilst afk, and the only bouncer present happened to be that same person
Resident DJ isn't considered a staff rank, your other points will be investigated though...

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
While true, perhaps it would be better if it was made more of a prestige as it makes the staff list quite overlarge
Well we've given the rank to so many, it'd be impolite to just snatch away their titles. Besides, what possible basis could we even have to determine who gets a purely cosmetic rank? It serves no real purpose aside from a purple name and the ability to join locked wait-lists, which we don't really have. It doesn't look great on the aesthetic side, but the important information that's actually needed is at the top, so there's no real issue in my opinion.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well we've given the rank to so many, it'd be impolite to just snatch away their titles. Besides, what possible basis could we even have to determine who gets a purely cosmetic rank? It serves no real purpose aside from a purple name and the ability to join locked wait-lists, which we don't really have. It doesn't look great on the aesthetic side, but the important information that's actually needed is at the top, so there's no real issue in my opinion.
I always thought it was given to most people who were members of the community, so if that was the case suddenly controlling it whilst keeping the current ones seems unfair. Keeping in mind I don't know the actual qualifications for being given this rank previously. (?)

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I always thought it was given to most people who were members of the community, so if that was the case suddenly controlling it whilst keeping the current ones seems unfair. Keeping in mind I don't know the actual qualifications for being given this rank previously. (?)
Our qualifications are good behaviour, activity, and involvement, simple. We could potentially look into removing inactive Resident DJ's.

• Informative
Reactions: Jivvi

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Plug Name:
Samlen
Time Zone:
GMT -7
Haven't really staffed anywhere for years (since before I came to Blocktopia) and that was for around half a year or so.
I would bring a mostly easy-going music-loving person to the staff team, I enjoy being around on Plug and bringing in random and new music genres/artists for people to enjoy. I'm generally a fairly patient and mature person in general, and I think I could help bring that to the staff team along with my enjoyment of music.
Tell us about yourself!
Been around Blocktopia for a couple of years, starting around with a little of classic lava till I moved towards a bit of AoD and now I mostly wander around a little bit on each of the servers. I consider myself more of a logical and scientific person, but I do enjoy being a little creative and I love music (I even play a little bit of clarinet). When it comes to music, I find that I like a wide variety of music and can generally tolerate an even wider range (Rap is probably one of the only exceptions here, just never really liked it). I'm also generally a more patient person and like taking things fairly slowly, sort of like the way I've just moved slowly throughout the community as I've come to know and enjoy it all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.