Minecraft Puzzlehunt January 2017

• Thread starter Deleted member 4601
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4601

EVENT IS OVER.
Congrats to Jolt and Arelic for finding the solutions to two puzzles. Not all puzzles have been solved yet, so if you do manage to solve all of them and PM me the solutions, you might have a chance to get the Puzzle Master role on Discord. You can find the puzzles here: http://imgur.com/a/1zsaZ

Discord Puzzlehunt: January 2017

We're having a test event on Discord where players solve puzzles and more puzzles! As this is the first time we're having this, there will be no complicated puzzle mechanisms or metapuzzles to solve. Everyone is welcome and signups are done through Discord.

How do I join?

First of all, join our Discord Server if you haven't already: https://discord.gg/h3Z9cvj

You will find on the right that there are a couple of bots. Right click on GameMaster and click on message. You'll be brought to a Private Message with the GameMaster bot. To sign up for the puzzlehunt, just type >register and everything will be done for you.

Once you register, GameMaster will provide you with a link to all the puzzles. Every puzzle will lead you to a 13 letter long Discord token. To prove that you have solved a puzzle, message GameMaster with >answer (token) and points will be added to your account. To see the leaderboard, type >rankings. For a list of commands, type >help.

All commands listed here are to be sent through direct message! If you need further assistence, ask @Kaoffie#4112 on Discord, or any of the Community Admins.

What kind of puzzles are there?
Everything's designed so that you could complete all the puzzles within a week or so. Most of the puzzles include some form of cryptography or crossword that you will have to solve to obtain a link. The hunt will last for a week - from 22 Jan 2017 to 29 Jan 2017. If no one reaches the end, the winner will be the player with the highest score, as shown in >rankings.

Scores are based on puzzle difficulty and the amount of time you take to solve them.

Here's a preview! Some puzzles will be easier than this, some will be harder. They will all be given to you when you register through Discord. Your score will not be recorded even if you solve this unless you sign up through discord!

What will I win?

A special rank on Discord! And a lot of satisfaction. There won't be any fancy prizes, but you should have fun! If you don't, send your complaints to the Discord admin.

Is this a secret plan to get everyone onto the Discord Server?

That's my job, yes. Don't question it =)

Last edited by a moderator: