Not open for further replies.

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
In-game username: Purplepixies

Time-zone: US Eastern Time

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
About 3-5 hours on most days of the week. On a good day, 6 hours, or 1-3 hours on a weekend.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
Keep players happy and server running smoothly by executing basic commands as needed.
Ensure rules are obeyed, welcome new players and provide assistance to all who asks.
Provide a friendly and fair environment that invites new and old players to be an active part of
our community. Engage in forums, bring new ideas to the table, and support movements and activities
that keep the overall community alive.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I've been a part of this community since roughly 2010 (although not consecutively)
and because of this I share the likes that drive new and old players to remain with us.
I'm 23 years old, and while age isn't always an indicator of maturity, I'd like to think
I have a good understanding of how to have fun while assuming responsibilities.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
My bubbly personality might be mistaken for disrespect or carelessness. My approach as
a figure of authority tends to be one where I'm respected but never feared, thus I use this
part of my persona to create a friendly bridge with those who I am to guide.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I'd ask for an opinion or help from a staff member with more knowledge.
If possible, I'd only ask for instructions so I can learn how to face the issue myself.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
I was an operator a few years back for our Classic Lava server.

References:
Kevin_28, Ragetastic96

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
We have a high abundance, I think of Operators who take this position or any other rank far too seriously to where it's not even fun to play, but what we don't have a high abundance of is people like you. You have a great bubbly personality as you mentioned in your application and I think that's what this staff team needs. An example of someone who takes their job seriously but not seriously enough to sacrifice the fun of the game and able to make others also feel at ease and able to enjoy the game.

I see no reason really to not give you a trial at least but to make sure I've covered all the bases of what we look for in an Operator I'll go on to say this also. You've proven also to be helpful, mature, and in a few instances, more capable than I to handle player argument issues. I'm all for seeing how you can handle a trial and I'm more than happy to give you a big +1.

Best of luck on your application and happy holidays.

• Informative
Reactions: Kuyajer

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I'm definitely glad you finally applied. You said you doubted you're own writing ability, but honestly I see no issues with this. Very simple and straight to the point.

I've been on so much since you joined that I've practically watched you rank up. There was always something about you I liked. It must just be that bubbly personality. I like that line: "Respected but never feared." We have enough staff already that like to act like your local school Hall Monitor (Killjoys). I think you have a good grasp on the fact that we are not the police. We are players that enforce rules when necessary. Do me a favor and hold on the bubbly personality. Generally, personalities don't change anyway, but I'd hate to see staffing take a toll on you. It really shouldn't, but just a fair warning.

To other staff: As I mentioned on Super's app, our declining player-base means necessity of having as many staff as we do also declines. However, the way I see it, she's one of the 10-20 regular players we have throughout the day, and she has the defining characteristics of an Op, so why not? I'm not saying Operator is becoming a reward rank. What I'm saying is we don't need to be picky while we're in this stagnant state. Taking time to wait a week and say "let me watch her" will just delay the decision. We can only judge her based on her personality and her interaction with the players. If you haven't been active enough or paid enough attention to notice her, then take my word for it as the person that has seen her on more than anybody else these past several weeks. She's a natural.

Good luck Purple. You deserve this. +1

Last edited:

midnightgirl24

You're gonna have a bad time.
Reaction score
Hello Purple!

First off, I really like your application and how it's short, but it covers all the necessary points! Though I have not been paying too much attention recently (Due to Christmas and working so much) I really haven't gotten to really see you in action. I do know that you're very friendly and fun to be around.You're a great player and you're very active, helpful and mature when I've seen you in game.You have many qualities that I would see in an Operator. You have a great personality and believe that you at least deserve the chance of getting a trial!

Good luck on your application and take this nice +1 from me! c:

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Gonna cut straight to the point instead of writing essays like the others

When I've seen you in-game you've always been a happy person wanting to help out. That is something that I look for in potential Operators. I like your enthusiasm towards RoF and the happy vibe you bring everyday.
+1

Tamzies

Reaction score
I don't have the need or the time to write mega long paragraphs about you. But I do want to give you a chance for Operator. You are old enough to know how it works so I wouldn't mind a trail for you.
+1 from me :-)

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
As has already been said, you seem to be just the right type of person we want on our team. Your application is brief but covers everything that needs to be covered, and, well, I see no reason to deny you at the very least a trial. +1!

Status
Not open for further replies.