Primus Settlement: Paucis Ante

D0mac

Sneaky Beaver Purple guy= SBP guy
Reaction score
This is the first Primus settlement, Paucis Ante.

This Settlement is located in primus territory so you will have to be part of primus to live here.
If you would like to live in Paucis Ante PM D0mac. We have prebuilt houses and are open to you building your own house as long as it is within theme.
The theme for this settlement is Tudor.
The name if the settlement,Paucis Ante, translates into "small town" in latin.

The following People are living in this town.
Leader=D0mac
C0-Founder=Bradleybolton97
Directors=
Architects=
Villagers= Willchill, Widdish and Cc96

The following are either planned or in construction. They are in no particular order and will be crossed off when finished.
Underline=Under Construction
Crossed=Finished
Normal=Planned
  • Finish the wall.
  • Build the gate.
  • Build a farm (wheat and melon).
  • plan plots of land.
  • ??Clear more land for future expansion??

The following are materials currently needed for the future expansion or current building of Paucis Ante. If you are willing to donate PM D0mac or Bradleybolton97.
  • cobblestone
  • sand
  • sandstone
The Town can be located here:

THE BELOW PICTURES ARE OUT OF DATE. To see the current town either wait until i upload new photos or go visit it for yourself!

This town/settlement is completely supported by the Primus family.

Asel_M

Reaction score
I think i have seen the town from the live map and it looks good but you've got to re upload those pics because they aren't showing :p

D0mac

Reaction score
I think i have seen the town from the live map and it looks good but you've got to re upload those pics because they aren't showing :p
Ill Do it when I get time, is this happening to everyone?

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If you don't mind, Can I build a Stone brick and Wooden Plank wall around that? With some secret entrances ofc, Don't need players raiding.

crimson1780

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I kinda doubt that Paucis Ante translates into small town in latin, paucis means small indeed but how does ante mean town? :confused: Isn't it an adverb / preposition?
It's a stupid question but I couldn't help it I just had to ask, been learning latin for 3 years now.

D0mac

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I kinda doubt that Paucis Ante translates into small town in latin, paucis means small indeed but how does ante mean town? :confused: Isn't it an adverb / preposition?
It's a stupid question but I couldn't help it I just had to ask, been learning latin for 3 years now.
I beleive ante actually means settlement, but to be honest I have no idea. What would translate into small town/settlement?

crimson1780

Reaction score
small town: oppidum parvum (wouldn't suggest urbs for town because it's usually used for a bigger town)
small settlement: colonia parva
You could also switch it to parvum oppidum or parva colonia because it doesn't matter wheter the adjective is on the left or on the right of the noun when writing latin. :)
I hope I could help and didn't make any mistakes myself.

Asel_M

Reaction score
Guys, the Latin translation is not important, the actual sound of it is, and I like "Paucis Ante" just because it sounds alright. You could even make up a name and if it sounded cool, it would be used.

D0mac

Reaction score
Guys, the Latin translation is not important, the actual sound of it is, and I like "Paucis Ante" just because it sounds alright. You could even make up a name and if it sounded cool, it would be used.
I agree here. And to be honest I just wanted a name for the town. Bradley put up a sign saying welcome to a small town and I then realised that if it was put in a different laguage it would be the name I was looking for.
I am up for keeping the name as is but then again i dont like the idea of everyone thinking the name was half thought out.
Let me know what your opinion is everyone. And if you dont like the current name what other latin translation would you prefer?

D0mac

Reaction score
Updated the main post. New pictures are still needed but i'll get to them when the walls finished.