Primordia is coming to an end. An explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
Ah, I knew this would come around eventually. GmK, sad to see you resign, but it's nice to know you'll still be around in le community :3 Good luck with all your real life stuff~

While Primordia was full of confusion, annyoance, stress, and worry, it was still relatively fun and it will be missed. Thanks a bunch to all you staff peoples for taking care of the server while it lasted :3

However, I'll be missing SMP in general more than just Primordia. 1.7 SMP was probably the greatest, most fun server I had ever been to. While vanilla-ish SMP servers aren't too hard to come by, I could never find one with quite as good staff, playerbase, rules, map, and over-all fun-ness of Blocktopia SMP, specifically 1.7. It would be awesome if each version of SMP (the server) was available with it's old map for us to go on until 1.2 came out, and we could all le use MCNostalgia (or saved jars! :3) to back-date and go on. I'd love to finish Shizuka x3

But that^ probably won't happen, ah well. I'm looking forward to all the new servers that are being planned (particularly Tekkit <3), and the other ones we have now!

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

nitasu987

Reaction score
Gotta admit... Kinda Saw that coming once Pace got bored of it :D but ya'know, I hear that many of you guys put in tons of time making some awesome stuff. So kudos to you all for making some great things!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Ah, I knew this would come around eventually. GmK, sad to see you resign, but it's nice to know you'll still be around in le community :3 Good luck with all your real life stuff~

While Primordia was full of confusion, annyoance, stress, and worry, it was still relatively fun and it will be missed. Thanks a bunch to all you staff peoples for taking care of the server while it lasted :3

However, I'll be missing SMP in general more than just Primordia. 1.7 SMP was probably the greatest, most fun server I had ever been to. While vanilla-ish SMP servers aren't too hard to come by, I could never find one with quite as good staff, playerbase, rules, map, and over-all fun-ness of Blocktopia SMP, specifically 1.7. It would be awesome if each version of SMP (the server) was available with it's old map for us to go on until 1.2 came out, and we could all le use MCNostalgia (or saved jars! :3) to back-date and go on. I'd love to finish Shizuka x3

But that^ probably won't happen, ah well. I'm looking forward to all the new servers that are being planned (particularly Tekkit <3), and the other ones we have now!
Tekkit is still around? :eek:

Draco12

Reaction score
Ghrm, this is sad. Except for the Primordia part :3.

However for what might be coming... I can only wait.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Time to drag a certain nameless hero that we all know onto Primordia before it's gone ;)
Who? Dovepaw?

She is confirmed to be one of the three because Hollyleaf died in the tunnels, and never had any special powers to begin with. The prophecy in OotS tells something along the lines of 'After the sharp-eyed Jay and the roaring Lion, peace will come on a Dove's wing

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I know it seems bad for me saying this, but I'm not surprised that primordia's coming to an end.

Sure, it was fun for a few months, but the server was divided between family members, who rarely stepped from their boundaries, and when they did, it was to attack another group in a ramshackle fashion. The chaos for mayors trying to keep people in order around their areas (especially in primus, where people were building houses where they wanted, how they wanted without sufficient permission from the lading authorities) was at a high level at all times also.

Although it's a shame to see it go, I am hoping that blocktopia can carry on through, learning the lessons given by Primordia on how to make a good working server.

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I first went on the serve 1-2 months after it came out, and I have to say I was shocked at how amazing it was. It seemed like something that would have taken a year to plan/build, and somehow it was done in only a few months. Everything was amazingly set-up, and I would like to give a big thanks for the people who helped create it.

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I am quite heartbroken about this. Yes, i do love my zombie and TNT servers. But, primordia just had that extra bit of awesomeness. Idk if it was from the classes, the fact it was not on classic MC or what. But it was just truly awesome.

R.I.P primordia!!

• Agree
Reactions: Shmid

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I am quite heartbroken about this. Yes, i do love my zombie and TNT servers. But, primordia just had that extra bit of awesomeness. Idk if it was from the classes, the fact it was not on classic MC or what. But it was just truly awesome.

R.I.P primordia!!
Well there is the Premium Zombie and A+T server that are awesome :3

Shmid

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm seeing a horrible pattern:
I joined a Custom Hero Factory Wiki; 6 months later it gets overrun by noobs.
I joined a Homeschool website; 6 months later it dies.
I joined an MMO in Sep. It no longer exists.
I join Primordia; three months later, it ends.
I've gotta stop joining stuff!! (R.I.P. Dragoncraft in a few months :( )

Numberplay

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm seeing a horrible pattern:
I joined a Custom Hero Factory Wiki; 6 months later it gets overrun by noobs.
I joined a Homeschool website; 6 months later it dies.
I joined an MMO in Sep. It no longer exists.
I join Primordia; three months later, it ends.
I've gotta stop joining stuff!! (R.I.P. Dragoncraft in a few months :( )
You joined Blocktopia, it won't end in years.

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie
Status
Not open for further replies.