Primordia is coming to an end. An explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wateronflamz

Reaction score
Oh god no more smp, the server that I loved and cared for, the treasure hunt server was my first one the servers after that were awesome too but prim never clicked with me.
Goodbye smp I will miss you.

Reactions: Jayfeather

The Phantom

Mr. Sexy Cobblestone
Reaction score
...overly perfectionistic server Head Controllers...
I knew you hadn't forgotten about me. <3

But in all seriousness, GmK, I'm sad to see your stepping down from your position. At the same time, however, I'm happy for you: during the months you and I worked together (and just general observation outside of that time frame), I experienced firsthand how much effort and work you put into keeping this community afloat and gradually improving things at the same time... And it was a lot, might I add! With that being said, this is a break -- or leave -- you undeniably deserve.

For the sake of brevity, I won't ramble on (you know who bad I can be at that!)... But to close out, it was always a pleasure working with you, and I still look back on those crazy and hectic times we spent together building the old server with great fondness (even though I tested your patience more than once!). I -- and hopefully everyone -- deeply appreciate(s) all you've done for the community, and I'm glad to see you'll still be with Blocktopia regardless.

But hey, sit back. Relax. Make a Negroni or something. You deserve it, you marvelous ASSHAT. ;)

All the Best, from Your Overly-Perfectionistic Friend,
-Phantom

JELLOMIX

Reaction score
Hey it was fun, What else can I say. and thanks so much to all the staff for a wonderful experience. I was wondering if I could get a copy of the map soon since I fear that apon hearing the news people may start griefing left and right, and I would love an intact copy of the land.

• Agree
Reactions: twangfizz

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
Wasn't expecting this :( Well, it's been fun. What I really want is a completely plain vanilla server, that only had moderating plugins in it.

Thanks for all the good times everyone, it's been amazing!

LONG LIVE BLOCKTOPIA!

Refresh100

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Imma spill my guts and feelings out about Primordia and SMP now, kay?

I kinda have mixed feelings towards this. For one, I am sad Primordia will see a close, how ever it's more about the fact SMP is closing all together. On Primordia, with the Heros system it was impossible for me to have as much fun as I could of had without PvP, which I can't do part to my computer sucking and my terribleness at PvP, which kinda ruined my time at Primordia. On SMP, I could do whatever I wanted without having to worry about what level of class I was to do whatever I wanted, it gave me that Minecraft feeling, the reason I bought the game. Now I know what your thinking "Well, Refresh, why didn't you just play Singleplayer if you wanted a pure Minecraft feel" and that would be because SSP was too lonely for me, SMP brought a social feel into it. Now on SMP I was really active, Primordia, I kinda lost interest in it, and GmK told me not to blame anyone but Imma break that rule while blaming myself in one of the factors that caused Primordia to close. I never wanted to play because I know I'd die within seconds, I couldn't really make money, there was no survival aspect to it anymore. Now, I wouldn't be in complete tears if we just converted back to SMP, but I doubt that'd be happening. But I'm also glad we're keeping these small servers, however, these are more of kinda events, meaning I won't be able to play everyday anymore. Another reason I'm sad we're losing SMP in total is because I'll loose my staff rank, now I defiantly know what your saying about that "Wow, what a stuck up person..." but the reason I'm sad I'll be loosing it is because I won't be able to help people anymore. Sound cheesy, right? Well it's the truth, the reason I signed up for Trusted was not for the rank, but the ability to help people, a thing which many Ops+ I grew up with inspired me to do. Well, that's all I really had to write... nothing more to say but good bye Primordia, it was a nice, long, good run, sad to see you go, but I look to the future with optimism and hope that it brings something good. Farewell, Primordia, you shall be missed.

EDIT: Please tell me we'll keep a CMP-type server
EDIT2: Forgot to put my "Goodbye" music in

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I say we just return what we had before Primordia.

I'd have to say that I quite enjoyed making Shizuka. It would be nice to start from scratch all over again, too.

... Then again, wars were going on during the time, too.

But I honestly enjoyed that part, other than the major abuse.

I hope we can come up with something we can all enjoy.

Something simple.

Something epic.

And something even more fun.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the central issue we run into was sustainability. The server was beautiful and, I have to admit, i was taken back by the cities players built and how intricate some of the conflicts became. But neither the amount of plugins it had become dependant on, or the work it would of taken to run, nor how complex the rules were fast becoming were sustainable.

Anyway, my hat goes off to Primordia and what it achieved in a relatively short period of time, but at the same time - I promise you that the new servers will make for an altogether unique experience that you would be hard pressed to find elsewhere - anywhere in Minecraft

KelzE22

Reaction score
As sad as I am, I am very hopeful for a new server. You know I'll be there!

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Even though I didn't play/explore as much as on the 1.7 server, I'll still miss this experience.
Defending Midgar from the Cow Crusader(Thanks for pulling the bacon out of the fire there, Greg).
First joining Dagon...
Building my house...
Being raided...
Crafting my first TNT. <3
And leading asaechao to Terragon to allow him to join Dagon.
Thanks Kake, for all your hard work. Thanks to all the staff that helped make this possible.
I'll miss Primordia.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Lots of good memories and great learning experience for me for a Creative op transitioning to an SMP op. Will miss my house and my redstone >.< Did notice the complexity that chased away some new comers, the glitches etc. This has brought a tear in my eye.

Only thing i can say is funny about this is just yesterday i mastered archer :/ Great run while it lasted and hope we can all meet up for more fun smp experiences in the future.

Some very sad beautiful music:

BurnyBurn

Reaction score
Godamnit :(

I remember the chaos when Primordia first started... That was the best time.

However I'm glad we'll have a server now where you can get weapons and armor regardless of class :p

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter
Status
Not open for further replies.