Fixed Pressure plates fail to update redstone signal until manual block update

TheArchiteck

Spook!
Donor
Reaction score
Website
blackcon.wikidot.com
Description of Bug:
When an entity triggers/leaves a pressure plate, the plate does not send out/stop sending out a redstone signal. It makes the characteristic pressure plate trigger noise, and it does animate, but no signal is produced/removed. Not until a manual block update is performed does any redstone activity occur.

Evidence:
This is an Armour Stand sitting on top of a wooden pressure plate, triggering it, but with no result in the neighboring redstone lamp:
https://i.imgur.com/lgohHPJ.png

Steps to Reproduce:
Go on EscRestart Create. Go to a location where you may build. Place down any redstone activated block, hitherto referred to as a "RAB", and a pressure plate in a neighboring block. Walk over the plate with your player, or place an entity on top of the plate as long as it is not a stone plate. Observe the unchanged state of the RAB. Place a non-redstone-related block adjacent to the RAB while still triggering the plate, and observe the RAB activate. Stop the plate from triggering, and observe the still-activated state of the RAB. Remove the adjacent block, and observe the RAB deactivate.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I can confirm this issue.

It is, as far as I can tell, consistent across all worlds.

I tried to see if I could get pressure plates to work in as many places as possible, to no avail.
It is consistent with both stone and wooden pressure plates.

I took a look at quite a few plugins to see if I could figure out what caused it, but from what I can see from serverside, checking all plugins which I could think of would interfer with redstone, blockupdates or entities, I were unable to find anything.

It is probably some weird config option in a plugin, or some plugin that is broken.

Are you aware of how long this has been an issue?

• Thank You
Reactions: TheArchiteck