iheartboomer

Mr. Brightside
Reaction score
The Name of your map:
Bedroom​
Who helped you build your masterpiece?:
That would be, Suikae with the glorious chair and sock under the bed.​
Give us some description/background info about your map:​
Well, I suppose my map is sort of a "follow up" to the maps bathroom, living_room, and backyard. I wanted the map to be some what alike the others in building space.​
Screenshots (Will be denied without them.):
They can be found here:​
Any Extras/Secrets/Easter Eggs? (If so, name them.):
Nope​
Anything else to add:
The map is 128x128x128 in size. However, players can not dig very far down (The only layer accessible to players is the floor, right underneath is adminium. You can check out this map yourself on the Scottish Kilt Map Build! The map is named "boomer3"​
Download File:
Thanks for reading!

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
This is quite a large map even though the playable height may be 64 blocks high. Do you think that placing this map in a 128x128x64 sized map would make a difference in terms of reducing lag?

As for the map design itself, I like the little details that are placed around the map such as the items under the bed and in the drawer, though there are quite a few basic items that seem to be missing in such a bedroom.

Considering that the map is large, I feel as if you can add a few more items into it. The first thing that I noticed was that the walls were empty--Posters (PixelArt) could probably work to fill some empty parts up. Also, I don't see a closet or cabinet for clothes. It would be nice to see a book or two placed open on the desk or the floor. Maybe a shoe or a shirt tossed in a corner. The bed looks flat--perhaps turning it into a comforter and adding "puffy" terrain on it could make it look interesting. And looking at FB with a wired keyboard and mouse? (I thought that was weird). Overall, I think that the room needs a bit more character--but if you wanted to keep it clean--then I guess it works. And yeah, I know--I'm asking for way too much detail in a map.

I'll go for a Zero right now even though I like parts of the map--Also, I want to see what everyone else thinks of the map design/size.

Tails506

Reaction score
The first thing that I noticed when I looked at this was the emptiness, I was thinking that you could add a closet and maybe a shirt or shoe on the floor, as rawr said. Maybe you could also add a waste basket, game system, or a music player in the room as well, just as suggestions. I also like rawr's idea of adding posters created using pixel art, because the room does look very plain at the moment. Something I noticed that looks sort of odd to me... the pillow. It looks kind of small and flat, but that is just a minor issue. I like the items that you put in the bookshelf and under the bed, and the current furniture looks nice and detailed.

I like the design, and if a few more things were added to the map, the map size would be fine. As of now, I'll go with a 0, but I'll give this a +1 if a few more details are added.

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
It's a rather plain map, though there is some detail on the desk, and the bit under the bed confuses me. There's no things holding the bed up, and from looking under the bed it's just... floating. Screw logic.

Anyways, the only thing that really stood out to me was the desk; the bed is plain, you could add a pattern on the bed, and hopefully make it not floating. There could be more things in the shelf that would make it less plain, and you could add more things, like a trash can or a cupboard. The walls are also quite plain, and it could use a wall paper with a pattern; perhaps a striped pattern, or a poka dot pattern, anything!

Rawr's idea about shirts or pants tossed around in a corner... sounds like my room except I toss the clothes in the middle of the floor. Rawr's idea about pictures on the wall are pretty interesting, and I'd like to see you try it out.

Overall, I think more design and detail could and should be put into this map, but it has potential, so I will give this a 0 for now.

oliver56bird

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't vote sooner.. I didn't see this. So for now I am going to go with a 0. However, this map has a lot of potentially. That being said, I agree with everything said above... and I have my own opinion. I think that this map is very dark, especially for a bedroom. If you change the things suggested above, I would look past the darkness and give you +1.

iheartboomer

Mr. Brightside
Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback!
As of recently, I have been sick so I have not got a chance to work on the map- however I will take your suggestions and make the changes when I have the time.

Reactions: oliver56bird

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
Sorry, was on break earlier.
I, myself have already visited the map for quite an amount of times. I think it's a very nice addition to the other maps (e.g. bathroom, backyard, etc.) It could use some more work, mostly what Kylie, and Rawr had previously stated in the comments above. Add some picture frames, or a shelf above the bed. I'll just conclude my thought with a 0, but I'll soon change it to a +1.​
Get well soon.

iheartboomer

Mr. Brightside
Reaction score
Apologies guys, I just have not found time to work on this map due to studies, extra curricular activities and a general lack of motivation. I'm not quite positive when I will get the chance to work on the map, however I will attempt to make some free time to work on it soon. Again, my apologies.

iheartboomer

Mr. Brightside
Reaction score
Actually, yes!
I've added a few posters:
I've changed the shelf a bit, adding a little figurine on top, along with a box of tissues and an open book on the bottom:
And I added a little text book and pencil to the desk:

However, as you can see from some of the screenshots I have no idea what to do with the bed, but be assured I will attempt to work on it some more when possible.

W

Wimali

It would be sssshame if ssssssomething happened to thissss nice map.
In all seriousness looks like map wont make it....
Although I like this map. Is it possible to convert it to premium?
Yes, but it will most likely not get accepted.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Well, blocks could be replaced.... Or nothing will save this map?

W

Wimali

I know ogarci doesn't really want this kind of maps to get added to RoF (me neither) and it would be quite the hard map on RoF aswell (lot's of places to fall of, for example.)

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I know ogarci doesn't really want this kind of maps to get added to RoF (me neither) and it would be quite the hard map on RoF aswell (lot's of places to fall of, for example.)
Mmk, and what about Zombie maps submissions?
They all could be converted?

W

Wimali

Mmk, and what about Zombie maps submissions?
They all could be converted?
Most of them should be able to get converted. The question is if they would be playable on Premium, however.