Potion rules?

olieb123

Reaction score
I have been browsing the forums for a bit and cant find anything to do with potions.
so, before i get shouted at for using 'illegal' potions, can someone please inform me on the rules regarding potions?

Reactions: digi

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Basically you can craft the potions. However, the server won't let you use them. It is a good idea to read through the link raxo posted, so you don't waste ingredients.

For enchanting, if you exceed the highest allowed level the server will automatically set your enchantment level to the set level cap.

EDIT: I OFFICIALLY HATE MOBILE AUTOCORRECT!

Last edited:

olieb123

Reaction score
so all PvP based potions have been removed... fantastic! time to continuosly make swiftness, water breathing and night vision -_-

rosekill

Reaction score
Balance Reasons (TL;DR version)
Strength: Inherently broken and lets people farm and win insanely easily.
Poison: Easy damage and can be used in traps to kill people without breaking your bank in the process or creating any real risk/reward for you.
Invisibility: Oak just doesn't like invisible people.
Harming: Same reason as Poison.
Sharpness: Grind to win.
God apples: Short term health regeneration IV
Enderpearls: To reduce the amount of times they have to ban someone for "glitch abuse" then get proven wrong.
Protection: Grind to win/play.
Power: Same as sharpness.
Projectile protection: To make you even happier when you get blast prot.
Infinity: To sustain an economy that crashed 2 days into the server.

olieb123

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's I really appreciate the help.

here are some of my thoughts on the restrictions:

poison can only put you down to 1/2 a heart and it would be easily countered by carrying around a bucket of milk (not hard to acquire and people should already be carrying one because of weakness and slowness can change the tide of battle)

harming, power, sharpness and protection are interlinked so i can see why they are all limited

power, projectile protection and infinity the same as above ^

strength, ender pearls, god apples and invisibility are just OP

olieb123

Reaction score
just to clarify:

water breathing, leaping, regeneration, healing, and fire resistance are ok? (and what about flame for bows?)