Portal Town Planning

Name for the Portal Town?

• Total voters

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In order to avoid the disaster that was Portus on Legends of Primordia I decided some planning needed to be done on the layout of the portal town.

I made a model of how I want it to look like on Create.

The idea is that the black square is the town hall/vault, green is mine + farms and all the white squares are plots to build houses on.

Now a few questions. How big should the housing plots be, I was think about 20x20 blocks? How many plots will be needed for this town?

Also vote for your preferred name in the poll above, feel free to comment with name suggestions.

Iggish

Reaction score
Maybe Aestus. Means "heat" in Latin. Sounds cool, idk.

There are also more stuff that need to be discussed, town themes, allowed building height, street width, street style etc.

Edit:
On you sketch the squares are 8x8 and you want them to be 20x20. So multiply everything by 2.5 and you have the actualy size
Judging by this:
The streets are 2 blocks so will be 5 blocks wide
The walls are 3 blocks so 7.5 (8) blocks high.
One side of the Main house is 18 so 45x45 in size.
The farm is 18x38 =45x95
The Whole base = 62x62 = 155x155

Obviously the walls will be a lot higher but i think there are many things that should be made larger.

5 block wide streets are maybe too narrow for a city. Should be atleast 7 wide in the middle with paths/sidewalks at the sides.
People's plots should maybe go up to 30x30. 20x20 really is not a lot to build.
I think the farm is a good size.
Overall, i think the whole base is pretty damn small at only 155x155. To put it into perspective a builder plot is 192x192. A city smaller than a builder plot. That's not good at all. Closer to 250-300 atleast would be the way to go IMO.
Additionally, I think that there should be space for public works. We wanna make the city look nice. So loads of open space for public buildings.

Anyways, these have just been some of my suggestions. Thanks for reading, Iggy ;)

Last edited:

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I already talked to Iggish about this but I feel I should post here anyway for clarity.

The model doesn't have to be exact and only shows the kind of shape I want to follow. Also this town will not be the capital city. I think abou a 150x200 size is a fine size for the town.

JtTorso

Reaction score
The portal seems a bit close to the vault entrance, I don't know if they've fixed the portal glitches that used to plague previous servers, during DoD I noticed it was a great way for griefers to get around and do a lot of damage, I think it would be best to save us and staff the hassle if possible.

I also think there should be a main road that's distinguishable so people can easily find their way in and out of town.

As for plot sizes, I actually think 20x20 is a fine amount for plots, 25x25 should be the max size, maybe a liberal height limit, that might make people happy.