[POLL] Remove or keep the Molotov Cocktails?

Remove or keep the Molotov Cocktails?

• Remove

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Keep

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I say, if there's a way to make them a limited buy, or make them cost more credits than usual that they should be kept. I agree it's a very powerful item, and can one-shot if it lands directly on you, and will keep you burning for a fair while. It also can turn against you very easily. And it is relatively easy to avoid if you aren't near the initial explosion. Though I do think the fire particles are a bit off from time to time, so it's kinda hit-and-miss as to the range of it sometimes.

• Agree
Reactions: Mooglie

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I say, if there's a way to make them a limited buy, or make them cost more credits than usual that they should be kept. I agree it's a very powerful item, and can one-shot if it lands directly on you, and will keep you burning for a fair while. It also can turn against you very easily. And it is relatively easy to avoid if you aren't near the initial explosion. Though I do think the fire particles are a bit off from time to time, so it's kinda hit-and-miss as to the range of it sometimes.
When they were initially added, I helped test them out and those were my exact words, however I believe (if I'm wrong feel free to hunt me down and stab me multiple times) that inf tried to do these things and couldn't for some... technical reason unbeknownst to me. But honestly at this point I'd far prefer if they were removed completely, as even if used once, they are easily the most powerful traitor weapon being able to KO anyone in the impact, and do huge damage to those in the surroundings. As an avid player on the server, and user of the molotov I can say I have experience :p.

Similarly the other problem with this thread is that right now, I believe less than half the people who play on the server either have an account on, or use the forums, meaning I doubt they will see this or get to vote. Maybe spread this thread or have an IG vote, idk.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I say, if there's a way to make them a limited buy, or make them cost more credits than usual that they should be kept.
When they were initially added, I helped test them out and those were my exact words, however I believe (if I'm wrong feel free to hunt me down and stab me multiple times) that inf tried to do these things and couldn't for some... technical reason unbeknownst to me.
Yup, unfortunately I still can't figure out how to edit the files of addons we have linked to our Workshop FastDL, so I'm still unable to adjust the price etc. So if it's kept in it will stay the same as it is now until I can find a way to edit it!

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Yup, unfortunately I still can't figure out how to edit the files of addons we have linked to our Workshop FastDL, so I'm still unable to adjust the price etc. So if it's kept in it will stay the same as it is now until I can find a way to edit it!
Nice server, kappa, keepo, kappachino

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I have never been killed by a molotov and I feel I've been directly hit several times.

They share a common identity with Incendiaries which is very regrettable but at least manageable because Incins are available to all players and Molotovs are only for Traitors, so they maintain uniqueness that way.

Keep em' is my vote

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
For those that voted keep, would you be terribly upset if they were removed? It's just the people who want it removed seem to be a lot more bothered by the fact that it's in the game than those who want to keep it seem bothered with having it stay \o/

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I have never been killed by a molotov and I feel I've been directly hit several times.

They share a common identity with Incendiaries which is very regrettable but at least manageable because Incins are available to all players and Molotovs are only for Traitors, so they maintain uniqueness that way.

Keep em' is my vote
I know this is a late response so sorry D:

But, I sincerely doubt that Jay, since from my experience they do from 90 - 100 damage on direct hit.