[Poll] Blocktopia Overhaul

I have read the pros/cons, and I would like to....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JtTorso

Reaction score
i had thought it was clear that we won't stand getting an entirely new forums
i had merely requested an update to the software as this seemed an apt time to do so
I believe, as Malcovent said, we could potentially have a new layout. No one has said anything will be set in stone, a lot of people (not necessarily you in particular) seem to be getting hysterical over things that no one said was going to happen. If in theory we do decide to go through with major changes as stated in this thread this by no means states we will remove any and all traces of Minecraft from our community, we will continue to have our most populated servers because people enjoy them. Just trying to clear some things up as there seems to be a bit of misunderstanding going around this thread.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hunter

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
TNT is basically Blocktopia's version of HL3.

Also, in general, the playerbase of Minecraft is declining, and most servers out there are either minigames or modded ones. Rarely do we see an actual vanilla server.
The ongoing joke about HL3 is that it has yet to exist. TNT at least has that going for it.

Also there aren't many vanilla servers because vanilla is duller than rocks. Most people prefer mods that let them do more of what they like about Minecraft, such as building (creative servers), mining/crafting (technic/greg's), mechanical work (redpower/buildcraft), etc.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
yeah, thanks for the attempt at clarification.
it's just that an update to xenforo would be nice, if that could be done in the midst of things.
What's wrong with the current version? It runs just as we need it, does it not?

Since upgrading takes two days of work if not more, it's the lowest on any kind of priority list right now.

D

DieLorelei

What's wrong with the current version? It runs just as we need it, does it not?

Since upgrading takes two days of work if not more, it's the lowest on any kind of priority list right now.
......Well it doesn't have a shoutbox... :/

• Love
Reactions: digi

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm for it. As long we aren't leaving minecraft completely behind, I'll be here (however occasionally). I don't know that we need to change the name, but a broader support for different games would help bring new people to the community. And really, gamers like games. People who show up for minecraft can like other games, and vice versa. Diversity will be a big help here.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In response to Vatumok, I don't think we should get rid of the SMP, or AoD. SMP is one of the main reasons why I like it here. I love SMP. The servers I want to see be replaced are RoF, A&T, and infection. RoF is overrated, and there aren't enough players on some of the other main servers. SMP can't be gotten rid of. SMP is one of the funnest servers on this forum. A&T is just another server with adventure, kind of like Movies today are just a lot of action. AoD is fun, and shouldn't be gone. I really don't see why we should be getting rid of some of the best servers that a lot of people like. Just because of the fact they sometimes lack players, doesn't mean that we should get rid of the 'best-seller' servers.
apparently this is referring to the post here

click the arrow
just a tip, try clicking the reply button when replying to a post
so you don't confuse the hell out of everyone

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In response to Vatumok, I don't think we should get rid of the SMP, or AoD. SMP is one of the main reasons why I like it here. I love SMP. The servers I want to see be replaced are RoF, A&T, and infection. RoF is overrated, and there aren't enough players on some of the other main servers. SMP can't be gotten rid of. SMP is one of the funnest servers on this forum. A&T is just another server with adventure, kind of like Movies today are just a lot of action. AoD is fun, and shouldn't be gone. I really don't see why we should be getting rid of some of the best servers that a lot of people like. Just because of the fact they sometimes lack players, doesn't mean that we should get rid of the 'best-seller' servers.
I'm sorry, but the only reasoning you gave to removing or keeping the servers that you named, was that you liked it. It's your opinion of the server, your taste, and while I respect that everyone have their own types of servers that they like, you can't base a decision like this purely on your own feelings and emotions regarding the server in question.

I look at your post and this is what I see:
-SMP is great, let's keep it
-RoF is overrated, it has all the players and it's unfair
-SMP is fun
-Adventure is bad for some reason
-AoD is fun
-Just because a server doesn't have players doesn't mean it's not a best-selling server

As you can see, points 1, 3 and 5 are your own feelings about the servers, nothing objective. Point 2 is pretty much "my fav server isn't getting enough traffic but RoF is, it must be evil", point 4 is not explained and point 6 has a contradiction in it, typically the "best-selling" servers actually do have players on them, since more people like them, hence "best-selling".

Every server has it's good sides and bad and they all need to be carefully considered before making the decision of what's gonna go and what's gonna stay. I'm sure that the head staff will do exactly that when they get to the more detailed and extensive planning of the overhaul, this thread is just asking our opinion. Just don't ask for a server to be axed or spared based purely on your own feelings about it, there's plenty of other things to consider than if every single player on Blocktopia will like the changes (which is quite impossible to achieve, I might add).

superhalo6

Reaction score
I was around the end of JtE and the entire time DoD existed, I rarely saw anyone on DoD or JtE except when DoD opened, then the player count dwindled.

On about how RoF is overrated, you find it overrated, yet even though the player count has dwindled generally it still remains the most active, but sometimes A&T rivals it, 8 players on both.

On the other hand I do agree with that Infection rarely has any players and isn't used much.

I wouldn't really say SMP is a funny server, if you hanged about RoF you would probably say the same, friendships formed, you met people, you got nicknames, from typos or god knows how, but you had them, like me calling 755someone775 "sumeune", or how I can runemen4 "Rune M8"
Or just people you made friends with, like angelhubev, despite what, you still be friends with them.

Last edited:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
endersteve5 , superhalo6
You two need to read this again
Every server has it's good sides and bad and they all need to be carefully considered before making the decision of what's gonna go and what's gonna stay. I'm sure that the head staff will do exactly that when they get to the more detailed and extensive planning of the overhaul, this thread is just asking our opinion. Just don't ask for a server to be axed or spared based purely on your own feelings about it, there's plenty of other things to consider than if every single player on Blocktopia will like the changes (which is quite impossible to achieve, I might add).
I apologize for any misinterpretation my post may have caused, but I was simply responding to parquette with why arguing against or for any server at this point in time is meaningless, and why his reasons were, in my eyes, not exactly the best. My own personal standing point on this is pretty much the same as the post you quoted as a response to mine, I was just saying why it was ultimately up to the head staff at some later time and even if it wasn't, why his opinions would have been unreasonable in my opinion.

superhalo6

Reaction score
Last edited:

parquette

Reaction score
oh and btw, I wasn't saying RoF is evil. And yes, it was my own opinion, but this thread, most likely is full of other people's opinions. I didn't mean to start argument, it was just mho. Hopefully, I didn't create enemies. I want to be a friendly, and good person. So if I made someone hate me, I'm sorry, I wont do it again.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hunter

superhalo6

Reaction score
oh and btw, I wasn't saying RoF is evil. And yes, it was my own opinion, but this thread, most likely is full of other people's opinions. I didn't mean to start argument, it was just mho. Hopefully, I didn't create enemies. I want to be a friendly, and good person. So if I made someone hate me, I'm sorry, I wont do it again.
I won't hate you, don't worry, sometimes opinions can cause bad things to happen. That is all.

• Agree
Reactions: parquette

parquette

Reaction score
Thanks Superhalo. And btw, I shall rephrase my post.

In my own opinion, I think SMP should stay. It is quite fun, and leaves the whole Minecraft world for people to interact in a world of survival, and adventure. RoF is good for players who want to build indestructible(to lava) things, and Infection(I like classic servers to be honest)is good for players who want to be in a classic kind of server. These servers where made to let us have fun while playing, which is why the staff will try to give it a 'trimming' so to speak. This is just my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.