[Poll] Blocktopia - Final Name Choices

What name do you want for the rebranded community?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8 for World8
Damnit, I was gonna do that.

w8 m8s, World 8 is gr8, I r8 8/8, so don't h8 and accept our f8, it's not too l8 to vote for W8

I suppose ER, P2P and PP (that's the only acronym of those four that doesn't associate with something else in my head) aren't too bad either.

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Stam1na

Reaction score
Gotta say that even though I haven't been much around in a long time, this thing which is going on seems damn refreshing.

//: What's this 8-thing?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
... I'm actually okay with any of these four names, really. I just like Pixel Portal the best. xD

I can think of stuff to draw for all of the above, though. They're all creative enough to be somewhat unique.

... Although, Press 2 Play is probably the most generic of the four options. No offense if given, it just feels like I'd easily see it elsewhere. xD

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of any of these names, they seem to hard to create a name for the members of the community, like Escape Restart, Restartians or Escapians is really all we could name them (Escapians does sound like a race in a fantasy game)

Worldians or Eightians seem a bit unoriginal
Pressians or Playians reminds me of Saiyans

Though Pixelians is a decent name we could be accused of ripping off Hypixel, and Portalians sounds like an alien race.
Restarters
W8mates
No, I got nothing for P2P
Pixies

Idk, why is this that important anyway?

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
World8 - W8ers? Weighters? Maybe some kind of play on words for a final level type deal?

Pixel Portal - Pixels? Pixies? (I feel like that fits quite well, actually... xD)

Press 2 Play - Players? Pressers? P2Pers? (A play on Pay to Play-ers.)

Escape Restart - ESCists? ERs? Restarters sounds the most ideal. (I'd go Escapists, but that's a thing already.)

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
World8 - W8ers? Weighters? Maybe some kind of play on words for a final level type deal?

Pixel Portal - Pixels? Pixies? (I feel like that fits quite well, actually... xD)

Press 2 Play - Players? Pressers? P2Pers? (A play on Pay to Play-ers.)

Escape Restart - ESCists? ERs? Restarters sounds the most ideal. (I'd go Escapists, but that's a thing already.)
:blackalien:World eight soul mates :blackalien:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
People like having a name for members of a community, like Blocktopians, which is easier to say rather than "I am a member of Blocktopia's community"
Yeah, well, if you're dealing with people outside the community, there's a pretty nice chance they've never heard of us, so "Blocktopian" or anything we'd come up with for the new name would only cause confusion, and if you're not, then why do you need to identify yourself as a member of the community? We all know you're one of us anyway.

I mean, yeah, sure, I've nothing against finding the name to signify a member of the community, but I don't feel like it's a thing we should consider as carefully in a new name as you seem to think we should.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Tbh Escape Restart would be a bad name for a community in my opinion. It doesn't feel like a community name at all. Just like Press to Play it just doesn't sound good at all as a name for a community.

While I'd rather stay a Blocktopian, if we have to take one of these four, Pixel Portals or World Eight would be my choice.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
question.
what's the idea behind pixel portals
i can kinda understand press to play but pixel portals i dont even know
The way I see it, it's like an idea of a retro-style central gaming hub.

Pixel, defining a retro gaming feel, and Portals, defining a central area of community, or doors to other areas, ie; games and servers.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
The way I see it, it's like an idea of a retro-style central gaming hub.

Pixel, defining a retro gaming feel, and Portals, defining a central area of community, or doors to other areas, ie; games and servers.
Well modern games have pixels too, they are just usually too tiny to see them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.