Poison Gas

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Ok, I'm bored so let's cut straight to the chase.
Cost: 20 points
Block: Lime green (the block color of zombie heads
Effect: Upon placement, it begins to generate lime green wool at random places in a large radius around it (a circle with a diameter of 11 blocks) over a course of 4 seconds. Any enemy coming in contact with the wool dies, you can punch the wool to break it. After 6 seconds the wool begins to despawn.
Upgrades: larger radius - increase radius to a circle with a diameter of 13 - 8,000 points
longer duration - lasts 8 seconds - 8,000
gas mask - makes you unable to die from your own poison gas - 6,000 points
Uses - use it to cover your escape while stealing the flag, place it on a control point, or plop it in a room filled with enemies.
So yeah, thoughts/comments/opinions?

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
First of all, lime green is the color for rockets. Second, it may be too overpowered when used on a Control Point. Other than that, I think it sounds like a pretty good idea.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Nonono, lime green as in zombie heads. Its to the right of rocket green
I'm bad at describing colors :(
As for being overpowered, it costs 20 points in exchange for 6 seconds of coverage

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
It sounds really Over Powered to me, almost an instant kill, definitly don't have a radius upgrade for it. I don't know how well the coding would go for it either...
So, unless the high ranked staff really like it, I don't think it will work, MAYBE if the radius is a lot smaller.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
It sounds really Over Powered to me, almost an instant kill, definitly don't have a radius upgrade for it. I don't know how well the coding would go for it either...
So, unless the high ranked staff really like it, I don't think it will work, MAYBE if the radius is a lot smaller.
It takes 3 seconds to fully spawn, plus you have fair warning when you see the block placed :p So like tnt really, but maybe reduce the radius to 11 and have the upgraded increase it to 13

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
It takes 3 seconds to fully spawn, plus you have fair warning when you see the block placed :p So like tnt really, but maybe reduce the radius to 11 and have the upgraded increase it to 13
Possibly, maybe puting it on the server and testing it, if it's OP remove it, if it works well, keep it! But I think 11 radius is still to much, it's easy to kill people with a radius of 8 (c4 upgraded), so I think it should be 8, with no upgrade, I think that only testing will tell.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Well, c4 is relatively instant. Think I'll raise the time it takes to spread to 4 seconds
OH yeah, and I added a gas mask, I'm a hippocrite :( The concept is that you can use the gas as cover while you cap a point (you can't suicide from the gas with gas mask upgrade)

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Well, c4 is relatively instant. Think I'll raise the time it takes to spread to 4 seconds
OH yeah, and I added a gas mask, I'm a hippocrite :( The concept is that you can use the gas as cover while you cap a point (you can't suicide from the gas with gas mask upgrade)
Maybe it shoudl just be banned from CP rounds :p, in my humble opinion all the CP rounds should be TNT-only, it's way to easy to mortar spam it, or c4 it, the list goes on...
But I think it should be tested, and find a happy medium from being useless and OP.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
So like extended normal TNT? Sounds fine to me. The 20 points seems very reasonable for its power, and should calm down the spamming of it by players. Good suggestion imo!