Plugin suggestion: Heroes, a versalite RPG plugin.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Do you remember Heroes plugin back in Primordia? Thats what I'm going to suggest.
McMMO plugin had major con: You had no room for creativity.
Heroes may still have one con visible for players: You couldn't sell stuff, that were banned for your class.
Idk if they fixed it by now.

Here is basic description:
Introduction to Heroes

Created for the MMORPG server Herocraft. Heroes is a dynamic, flexible and highly configurable class, skill and experience system. Heroes itself is the hub of your players RPG experience, boasting classes, multi-tiering, and advanced skills. Along with classes, Heroes offers your players a new style of PvP through our well-developed skill system and our weapon + armor restrictions. No longer will your mages have the ability to use diamond swords, your rogues will no longer sneak around in their heavy diamond tunics and most importantly, you can now hurl fireballs and stun your targets. The best part of this? It's your choice how your Heroes is set up, don't want a certain skill, that's fine, you can just remove the skill and be done with it!
What can I do with it?

With Heroes, you can do almost anything you'd want to do on an RPG server. The main feature is our customizable tiered class system, which offers as much to the server owner as possible. Your Heroes could be totally unique to your server, it could be the reason players play your server over other servers. The same can be said about our skill system, it's unique to any of the other RPG plugins out there. Other plugins dub "Skills" as methods which you level up, this isn't the case with Heroes. Skills are abilities you can perform which are unique to your class. Some of our favorite skills are Fireball, Jump and Port. These are what makes Heroes unique.
Objectives

• Full encompassing RPG system
  • Level & Advancement based on experience
  • Highly configurable
  • As lightweight as possible
This plugin shouldn't bloat server - Primordia exploded due to having 9001 plugins, just like my Skyrim with 200 mods LOL - and DoD is very lightweight.
Since it needs active maintenance from staff, if you want to actively improve experience with it, you could assign all VetOp+ to it and add some secret forum for it.
I'm suggesting it, to make server more popular - like it having regular peaks of 20 - 30 people, like RoF has.
Also some progression would be welcome here.
I'm pretty sure that adding progression to server will increase popularity. SMPs could have popularity on RoFs level. We have plenty people, who doesn't play MC.
Back in 2011 we could have around 90 players (half of them regulars and staff) in all classic servers and 70 in premium servers at peaks.

So basically I'm suggesting it to make DoD more fun and popular. Maybe we will have couple 30 - people clans, that are always on.

BTW are some other RPG plugins to make game feel progress in case this plugin would actually shoot required maintenance trough roof? RoF has progress - ranks and better shops, when you climb up. Also people are on because there are their friends, because people are on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naoh

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I love Primordia and this plugin but, I can assure at this point in the server Heroes likely won't be added. It would be an awesome plugin to of had near the beginning or even the release of the server but, now that we're 8 months into the server's life it would depending on the degree of its use only cause vast confusion and general distaste among the less informed playerbase.

Adding it would cause a large change in gameplay one which I would not like to see right now. I can only speak for myself and not the rest of the DoD head staff but, I do not believe this plugin will be added right now.

• Love
Reactions: Naoh and Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I love Primordia and this plugin but, I can assure at this point in the server Heroes likely won't be added. It would be an awesome plugin to of had near the beginning or even the release of the server but, now that we're 8 months into the server's life it would depending on the degree of its use only cause vast confusion and general distaste among the less informed playerbase.

Adding it would cause a large change in gameplay one which I would not like to see right now. I can only speak for myself and not the rest of the DoD head staff but, I do not believe this plugin will be added right now.
Hmm so this plugin could be added to new SMP, if it comes out eventually?

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with Nog, I don't think it's right to do it for this server at this point. But I would definitely endorse it for a future server. Those classes and skills were one of the two things I really loved about primordia, and I would love to see that experience again.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Danni122112 Old_Man_Oak_63

Is this suggestion accepted or denied for coming SMP?

Lets make it linear progression, just like for example RoF has - you get better Heroes ranks over time.
It doesn't have to be branched like Primordia it had.
I'd rather it had variety, though, at least from the start.

Other than that, I currently have no other opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Hmm like central point, and 3 branches - Mage, Warrior and Rogue going for several tiers?
Having more variety than that would be nice, but that's the general gist I was going for.

Branching from that point on can get confusing and balancing all of those separate paths become a clear issue. Even having too much variety can be an issue sometimes, depending on how much each person wants to do.

Like, for me, I could be completely fine with not PvPing, focusing solely on PvE, gathering/mining, and building... But, if there were a sort of support role for PvP, I'd be perfectly fine with being that.

The major problem I saw with Primordia and the Heroes plugin for me was the implementation of needing a certain tech skill or whatever they were called, just to do certain tasks, such as using a pickaxe to mine iron, or using a shovel to gather clay. It was impossible to do certain, required things in this case.

If we don't go for the simplistic route of just a few basic classes with linear progression, I feel we'll need it to be overlooked several times, making sure everything is balanced correctly, and that doing things under that class is actually plausible... Which may have been the issue for Primordia, overall.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Having more variety than that would be nice, but that's the general gist I was going for.

Branching from that point on can get confusing and balancing all of those separate paths become a clear issue. Even having too much variety can be an issue sometimes, depending on how much each person wants to do.

Like, for me, I could be completely fine with not PvPing, focusing solely on PvE, gathering/mining, and building... But, if there were a sort of support role for PvP, I'd be perfectly fine with being that.

The major problem I saw with Primordia and the Heroes plugin for me was the implementation of needing a certain tech skill or whatever they were called, just to do certain tasks, such as using a pickaxe to mine iron, or using a shovel to gather clay. It was impossible to do certain, required things in this case.

If we don't go for the simplistic route of just a few basic classes with linear progression, I feel we'll need it to be overlooked several times, making sure everything is balanced correctly, and that doing things under that class is actually plausible... Which may have been the issue for Primordia, overall.
Hmm so what about having only swords/bows and armor restricted to heroes tiers?
Each tier could function like efficiency/fortune enchants on tools.

So basically it would give passive buffs for pve side (Your tools are magically better, even its same material) and active buffs (you can make better armor and weapons) for pvp side.

PvP - better armory. PvE - emulation of pve MCmmo skills. (MCmmo had cap on 1000 level - default cap for MCmmo.)

Tier I
Wooden sword
Bow
0 level

Tier II
Wooden sword
Full set of leather armor
25 level

Tier III
Gold sword
Lether pants/chestplate and gold/chainmail helmet/boots
50 level

Tier IV
Gold sword
Full gold/chainmail set
100 level

Tier V
Stone Sword
Gold/chainmail pants/chestplate and iron helmet/boots
250 level

Tier VI
Stone Sword
Full iron set
500 level

Tier VII
Iron sword
Iron pants/chestplate and diamond helmet/boots
700 level

Tier VIII
Iron sword
Full diamond set
850 level

Tier IX
Diamond sword
Full diamond set
1000 level

I have no idea how to scale bow - there is no tiers of bows.
Maybe trough emulation of MCmmo?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Duffie

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
why would we add a plugin that is named after a skillet song?

EDIT:

In all seriousness, I played primorida and experienced the plugin. If we want to run it, we will need an experienced coder who can baby the plugin along the way, patching bugs and abusable skills. I'm learning to code in java, but i'm a farrrr way away from babysitting a plugin such as this.

the plugin is awesome though.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
why would we add a plugin that is named after a skillet song?

EDIT:

In all seriousness, I played primorida and experienced the plugin. If we want to run it, we will need an experienced coder who can baby the plugin along the way, patching bugs and abusable skills. I'm learning to code in java, but i'm a farrrr way away from babysitting a plugin such as this.

the plugin is awesome though.
So this plugin is basically too high maintenance girlfriend to marry it with new SMP?

Edit: Can't we make it "opensource" for all SMP vetop+?

Then babysitting of plugin would be divided among staff.

Last edited: