Name of map : playground
Creator(s) : xXxFruitNinjaxXx
Dimensions : 64x64
Round Time : 10 minute standard
Diggable depth of the map : 1
Physics : (off) standard
Which server did you build your map on? : Caznowl
Number of secrets : None
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?fbchqxx2y8ftxtx Got the .lvl! thanks x3Ally_Cat !
Description of map. :It's in the title, a playground.
Screenshots of map : http://imgur.com/a/O9do1 EDIT: A big thanks goes out to Later_Gator for helping me, he didn't want to be considered a creator be he is defiantly a big reason this map is as good as it is. The screenshots are also updated of the new map, started from scratch. Still need someone to get the .lvl for me, would be much appreciated. (And there are flowers, just not shown in screenie, they are scattered about)

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
Concept is nice, not the most original, but still interesting. I think if you add more to it, it would make a very cool, little, map. Playgrounds are quite usually flat (in my experience anyway), and I see this map tries to convey that, but unfortunately Minecraft classic doesn't replicate a field very well. Maybe more equipment or trees, or fences, or sand, well, the list could go on and on in those empty areas. So with work, I think this could be a very nice map.

Also, thinking about this, it would be great if you expanded that bridge in the center of the map, maybe a jungle gym sort of thing? Unrelated to this, but I've always thought a map with a intricate maze like a jungle gym open to fields of beautiful flowers would be neat.

RD4life

Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
I think the map looks very good and is very well playable but it feels a bit barren. I can understand that it's quite a hard theme but maybe you can create something like an entrance and a wall to give everything more depth and make it feel more normal.

Reactions: Fruit
D

DarkHender

Yes, it seems a little plain. Mayb add some things? Try to give it some detail.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Concept is nice, not the most original, but still interesting. I think if you add more to it, it would make a very cool, little, map. Playgrounds are quite usually flat (in my experience anyway), and I see this map tries to convey that, but unfortunately Minecraft classic doesn't replicate a field very well. Maybe more equipment or trees, or fences, or sand, well, the list could go on and on in those empty areas. So with work, I think this could be a very nice map.

Also, thinking about this, it would be great if you expanded that bridge in the center of the map, maybe a jungle gym sort of thing? Unrelated to this, but I've always thought a map with a intricate maze like a jungle gym open to fields of beautiful flowers would be neat.
Yeah, when I was looking at it, I was trying to think of something to add because it looked like it had some empty space. flowers would be a nice touch but I have no clue how to make a jungle gym type thing :3

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Yes, I think I should've waited to post this and tried some more ideas, since this probably won't make it, I'll make a new one with better ideas.
EDIT: Updated! Check out the new map! You can also go to caznowl and type in /g xxxfruitninjaxxx.6 and get a sneak peak of the map. I hope you guys like the new one better c: Major improvement imo
Also DarkHender JohnOgozalek RD4life since you guys commented about it so you can see it updated

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Just remembered the blocks that are not used on zombies, I will change the rock climbing wall to adminium for the wool, and I think the rest of the blocks should be good (door_wood door_stiar and op_cobblestone [or door_cobblestone, ill need to check later, cant atm] are the other blocks I used, which I believe are exceptable.) The rest are breakable. So I'll make sure to get on later and fix that up. (Almost forgot to add the types of blocks
I used :p)
EDIT: All of the blocks have been updated, and it is door_cobblestone if that makes any difference. Also, the rock climbing wall is filled in with adminium so they cant glitch into it.
EDIT: Just remembered door_cobblestone is not a block, will be updated to op_stone

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Cute little map! Nice and small, but enough there to make it possible to survive! Hopefully it will find a place in our server c:

Reactions: Fruit

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Not to be impatient, but the map never got added for a trial run :/
Was there a reason why it wasn't added, like any weird block types, because i'm sure i fixed all of them?

• Agree
Reactions: Dio4344

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Again, not to be impatient, but, the server is closing soon, and I really want this to be played at least once. Any reason why it wasn't added for a trial run? :unsure:
You may be able to port this and submit it to AoD, with some enhancements if you try. Don't want a map to go to waste ;)
Thanks for the idea. I think I'll try to do something similiar, probably just rebuild, I still have the actual map saved on a server, so I could try and copy it.