Peripeteia's Village Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
Village Name: Peripeteia
Village Theme: Adventure

Introduction: It was the night before we left. Everything changed... He killed them. We were the survivors. We strived for perfection in adventuring. We tried all we could. We asked them to help us. We thrived in civilisation and we moved on from the camp. We had to rebuild, the once impressive town of Peripeteia. Adventure was in our blood. We have to do this, but not alone...

Co-ords of Town Square: x -600 y 62 z -190

Members (leaders in bold):
Stretford01
Terre936
Ryandodd
Iggy234_2001
Vwbay72
Chicken23456789
ChoasLego
Natninja_5^
Buddster227^
Hiccup4431
Puls3xDubz^

^ = Nomad

Chest Protection: Y/N
Preferred Tag: Peri

Screenshots:
Houses of the town:
http://imgur.com/A7Y8wqW
Shops of the town:
http://imgur.com/MNiqP5b
Taiga Biome part of the town:
http://imgur.com/B4JFQrt
Animal Farms:
http://imgur.com/zSIyswZ

Why should our village be official?:
I think our town should be official because we always try to stick to a plan and we usually finish massive project before a new one. I think we should also be a town because we all blend well together. We've also worked very hard on the town and we feel like now was the right time to put together this application!

Thanks for reading this application,
Town Representative Stretford01.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't mean to totally stomp on this, but first...
You've used the town format, while you are applying for village status. Perhaps this format is the format you should be using for this application?
And not to mention, not all members are settlers, which is one of the requirements for a village! Plus, two of your town members are banned, which is never good.
I also feel that the building is a bit sprawled out and the themes don't match in some places (in some places it feels like a nice, stone brick area, and in others a fully wooden area) but you've stuck to a mix of the both in the majority of the areas - and I think the building is of good quality. The theme is adventure, and I think you've kept to that well. To add to that, the village has good size, which always helps!

That aside, some of your members are quite active (you have somebody in the /ontime top, which shows the village will most likely be making good progress often, even if it's just one person doing a good bit of it) and the majority of the members I have seen... but don't see that often.

Given it didn't have the above problems, it would be a +1 for me, because I've seen first-hand the progress and effort you guys have put into trying to become official (heck, I considered myself part of the town for a while!) but those problems are really standing out to me (and really, means you don't hit the outlined requirements). If everything is tidied up, and you can fit the member requirement, I'd be okay with dishing out a +1 - but it is a 0 for now.

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
I swapped the 'town' with 'village' and removed banned people.
I know it is a bit sprawled out, but we decided to expand outward, then upward, so there could be a couple of things along the area.
Would there be any chance of inviting the nomads to the village after they become settlers? Because then we would fit the requirements.
Thanks for your opinion, anyway!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I swapped the 'town' with 'village' and removed banned people.
I know it is a bit sprawled out, but we decided to expand outward, then upward, so there could be a couple of things along the area.
Would there be any chance of inviting the nomads to the village after they become settlers? Because then we would fit the requirements.
Thanks for your opinion, anyway!
Sorry, I was wrong about that. Only 4 members have to be settlers, I had initially misread the format! So there is no need to re-invite them, my mistake there.

After a bit of thought, as well, I know the effort put into this is large, and I'll stick to my promise - you quickly tidied it up, which shows you care. Plus, I had always been a big fan of this settlement, so I'll give a +1.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Looks like a great town, with active members! You guys have surely done a lot, from all those houses to the more rural areas of your town! You have all proved your dedication to your town, and in the end, it looks fantastic! +1

D

DarkHender

I'm looking around the town and I see so many blocks randomly put together. Like they're not just in one spot, they're clustered all over the place. I just see everything clustered and it doesn't look appealing to me. the villager is huge though and took a lot of work. I'll have to go with a -1. Terribly sorry.
Good luck on your application though.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I really love the village, you've put a lot of hard work into it. Unfortunately it has been the target for grief a lot, but you guys still go on with it. I'm going with a +1 but please clean up the blocks and remove those 20 pillars to that air balloon thingy. Cheers

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
So, I've gone through and love the town! Alot of you guys are active, I overall love the feel and look of the village as well. As of now the only con I can find within it is that some buildings (primarily the library and Cuppa? next to it, as well as some houses) just lack compared to the rest. But I feel with how active everyone is this can be fixed easily and will +1 this.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I've been through the town multiple times, and although I like the settlement and it's friendly feel, I'm afraid I can't say much for it's style. For instance in many places it looks like you're switching from one style to the next. While one house may be log framed with stonebrick the other is completely cobblestone. That in my opinion is something you should work on before you become a village!

On the other hand, your adventure theme is well defined and your member seem decently active, but for now I'm afraid, I'm going with a -1. However you'll easily get me up to a 0 or a +1 if I see some building improvement.

Good luck!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Welp, this one is a tad hard. I've visited the village a lot of times (mainly to solve griefs there x3) and some places it can be nice and in others it can be rather messy. Your members are quite active (see you, Terre, Ryan, Choas and Chicken on quite a bit) I rather like the taiga part of town and the animal farms, particularly as they stick to one theme. On the other hand, the houses (not too much of the shops) have quite a few themes (jungle here, spruce there, birch there, oak there, cobble there, etc. Also, it's not wrong to mix with two themes, just don't over do it!) then there's a few random blocks. With that in mind, I believe the village can become extremely nice!

Leaning towards a +1 but overall it's a 0.

• Agree
Reactions: EggNog

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
For the houses, we didn't really stick to a theme because it represents uniqueness in peoples personalities.
We try to stick to one theme for all the other districts of the town, as Ooglie said, the animal farms and the Snow biome area.
We'll be starting more projects soon, so expect more buildings.
I'm evening out the buildings too. I think /most/ of the holes/random blocks should be sorted now!
Thanks for the opinions.

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
For a fact, I do love the activity of your members. That means I sense a lot of potential of this becoming a real town sooner or later. As of now, I feel that the activity is village worthy, though, the homes and themes seems to trouble me. I don't like how everything is cramped and most of the homes made had little effort put into it. I rather stay at a Neutral vote right now- 0.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Thought this should be pointed out: I am working on giving the town a more singular feel instead of a giant jumbled mess of buildings. It will flow much nicer and have an overall better feel . Just thought I'd let you know that if you saw something that looked incomplete, I am probably in the middle of redoing it.

Terre936

Reaction score
As mentioned above, we'll be doing more things to improve our buildings, homes, etc. And as Stretford mentioned, we will be coming up with new projects to make the town look nicer.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
I had a look around, and I really like some of the buildings/projects that you have. However, a lot of the buildings are small, not well built, and don't really fit cohesively with any sort of theme or central idea. It feels like a lot of good intentions were slapped together without any sense of how they would fit in. On the other hand, the districts are purposed nicely, and it looks like a lot of big projects are being attempted, which is always nice to see. I believe the village rank would help you group as a whole, and hopefully add some more unity. I am going to give Peripeteias a +1, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.