Paintbow

5genda

Reaction score
Authors:5genda and iiDeathcookies
Map Name: Paintbow

Amount of Players:6-12 players.

Type of Map: Team PvP

Link to the Map (Or Bloxel world) Go to buildbox and type /warp Paintbow

Screenshots of the map:I have a album with screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/cNski

Why do you think this map will make a good addition? I have never seen a map like this, so I thought it would be fun to try out something new! :-)

Has this map been tested thoroughly? (Proof if possible!)No, It have not been tested.

Fill in the following template:
difficulty: normal # Choose between normal/easy/hard/peaceful
blockBreakMode: false # false = blockBreak is list of blocks you CANT break, true = blockBreak is list of blocks you CAN break
blockBreak: # A list of blocks you can either break or not break. Make the list in the same way as the default with 2 spaces and a '-'
- Melon block (Can be destroyed)
- Leaves (Can not be destroyed)
blockPlaceMode: false # false = blockPlace is list of blocks you CANT place, true = blockPlace is list of blocks you CAN place
blockPlace: # A list of blocks you can either place or not place. Make the list in the same way as the default with 2 spaces and a '-'
- Wool (Can not be placed)
enableAdminMode: false # false = This world is not being checked when players place blocks wheter or not that specifik location is allowed, true = Location IS checked
creeper: true # true = spawn creepers, false = disable creepers
enderman: true # true = spawn enderman, false = disable enderman
zombie: true # true = spawn zombie, false = disable zombie
skeleton: true # true = spawn skeleton, false = disable skeleton
spider: true # true = spawn spider, false = disable spider
mobs: false # false = enable all mobs, false = disable all mobs
vechiledestroy: true # true = players can destroy vehicles, false = players cannot destroy vehicles
paintingbreak: true # true = players can break paintings, false = players cannot destroy paintings
I hope this is fixed now.

Reactions: Dragosh and Zelz

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What this map does well: I love the way this map has been made, as Malacath saidit is very nice and quite cosy, it offers a new perspective into PvP-type maps!

What this map doesn't do so well: What I've realised is that the map is way too small to be 6-12 players. perhaps 1v1 or 2v2, no higher; There is no 'When both teams are ready' which means players can start straight away which is a little unfair, and I don't see anything that explains the objective.

Should this map be accepted?
Neutral

Extra comments: I did edit the pressure plates to get hats, because they were wooden spare hats would drop which would continuously spawn more, and end up wasting them (Even though maps are not saved).

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
Thanks for slapping me and waking me Dragosh! Beautiful weather is keeping me outside. Ok, lets see...

What this map does well:
I can see that you 2 spend quite some time on making this. That's good. Nice details and a cosy map!
What this map doesn't do so well:
I have a few statements.
- What is the exact objective of the game? Can you please make a more detailed description?
- Are there signs that explain what to do?
- Isnt it a little too small?
- Where do the players spawn and how can they divide? Do they have to flip a switch or anything else to continue?
I'm going with a neutral vote for now. Once these questions are answered and the thread is well updated I'll chance my vote.
Extra Comments:
Keep on building girls! 5genda iiDeathCookies

5genda

Reaction score
Thanks for slapping me and waking me Dragosh! Beautiful weather is keeping me outside. Ok, lets see...

What this map does well:
I can see that you 2 spend quite some time on making this. That's good. Nice details and a cosy map!
I have a few statements.
- What is the exact objective of the game? Can you please make a more detailed description? I may be able to fix that as soon I'll have a talk with iiDeathCookies.
- Are there signs that explain what to do? There are signs near spawn that has to be readen, or else there might be a risk for disqualification in-game.
- Isnt it a little too small? We thought that. But.. It's big enough to be played on.
- Where do the players spawn and how can they divide? Do they have to flip a switch or anything else to continue? There is a spawn, where team captains will be choosing their team. There are 2 tunnels, one in each colour, that leads to the teams base.
I'm going with a neutral vote for now. Once these questions are answered and the thread is well updated I'll chance my vote.
Extra Comments:
Keep on building girls! 5genda iiDeathCookies

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
What this map does well: The map looks fairly nice, and it looks well made.

What this map doesn't do so well: The map is very small, and I don't see how you could fit 12 people in it. I'm also still a bit confused as to what the game-play would look like, or what the objective is, or how you win.

Neutral

Extra comments: The reason I waited so long was because I thought you were going to tell us the objective of the game, but it's been a while now so I decided to just vote.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
What this map does well:
This feels like a map that will be nice for a couple people and a fast minigame.

• Being out by just an arrow hitting you doesn't seem like a good way to get someone out.
    • I say maybe let them fight to the death.
  • The bows could be changed to infinity bows so that you only have to hand out one arrow and one bow.
  • The hidden chest could be hidden a bit better since i found it pretty easily just exiting spawn >.>
    • unless the one filled with apples isn't a hidden chest?
  • The spawn for both teams is too easy to get into.
    • You could just take out the bottom two ladders so no one can jump into the map
  • The two spawns are too far from each other in distance wise since brown has to walk farther to get to their items. By the time brown gets their items pink is already out the door and at brown's door.

Yes even though i mentioned many problems with the map those are easy to fix problems and can be fixed.

Extra Comments:
Thanks for the ping Drag

5genda

Reaction score
What this map does well:
This feels like a map that will be nice for a couple people and a fast minigame.

• Being out by just an arrow hitting you doesn't seem like a good way to get someone out.
    • I say maybe let them fight to the death. -I've been thinking on that, if I think at it now, It would actually give the game more challange. Hmm.. I'll come back!
  • The bows could be changed to infinity bows so that you only have to hand out one arrow and one bow. -It will be giving more challenge if you suddenly are out of arrows, you have to make it back to the spawn and get more.. If it would be infinity, I think it will we too easy..
  • The hidden chest could be hidden a bit better since i found it pretty easily just exiting spawn >.>
    • unless the one filled with apples isn't a hidden chest? -That's right, The apple chest is a food checkpoint in case you're out of food.
  • The spawn for both teams is too easy to get into.
    • You could just take out the bottom two ladders so no one can jump into the map -I think you're thinking about spawn killing.. There is a rule about that too, correct me if I'm wrong though..
  • The two spawns are too far from each other in distance wise since brown has to walk farther to get to their items. By the time brown gets their items pink is already out the door and at brown's door. -There is a rule on that, both teams have to be ready to start before the game goes on.
Yes even though i mentioned many problems with the map those are easy to fix problems and can be fixed.

Extra Comments:
Thanks for the ping Drag

Sploorky

Reaction score
  1. What this map does well:
    It's a really fun idea, and the map is made well.

To echo K1ng and Dragosh, I suggest you take out the bottom two ladders at each spawn, so the other team can't get in. Just because it's against the rules to spawn kill, doesn't mean the players won't try to do it. Also, the map is quite small for 12 people. A max of 8 seems better.

Yes

Extra Comments:
    I like a fight to the death as an objective, personally =P.

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
5genda iiDeathCookies

Thanks a lot for submitting this map, but I'm a bit hesitant to add it for now. If you could please make a few alternations/edits to it, I would be glad to put it in the server.

Fix the spawns so that both teams can get out to the battle field in the same amount of time.
(Optional but suggested)Make the map a bit bigger. It doesn't even really matter in which direction. Just a bit bigger, or we will have to shrink the suggested player amount.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'd like to add that this map is on Buildbox and therefore may have been modified without permission, so if it were to get added after the fixes that Dragosh98 made, I'd suggest the staff give it a once-over to ensure that nobody has 'snuck' some items in or modified it.

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Unfortunately, this map did not fit the requirements for the server and thus, this submission has been Declined.
We felt that a Denial was necessary because:
(Unhappy comments go here)

However, we still thank you for taking an interest in the server and submitting/suggesting a map!

Reactions: Zelz