Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Name of map: Overgrown Prison
Author(s): Demonic_Mstrstn, Superhalo6, theWeakGuy48
Size: 50 blocks from centre.
Map boundary: The centre is a 2x2 block area. (I realised when i finished the map…)
Centre:
x: -3660
y: 77
z: -3313
Kits:
Snitch
---------------------------------
- 1 Stone Sword (Sharpness 1) [Named: Shiv]
- 10 Bread
- 1 ORANGE_LEATHER_HELMET
- 1 ORANGE_LEATHER_LEGGINGS
- 1 ORANGE_LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
- 1 ORANGE_LEATHER_BOOTS
Survivor
Prisoner
--------------------------------
- 1 Stone Sword (sharpness 1) [Named: Shiv]
- 10 Bread
- 1 ORANGE_LEATHER_HELMET
- 1 ORANGE_LEATHER_LEGGINGS
- 1 ORANGE_LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
- 1 ORANGE_LEATHER_BOOTS
Juggernaut
Mobster
- 1 Diamond sword
- 1 Diamond hat
- 1 Diamond chestplate
- 1 Diamond pants
- 1 Diamond Shoes
- 15 Bread
- 1 Bow
- 32 Arrow
Dark Hunter
Chief Warden
- 1 Chainmail chestplate
- 1 Chainmail leggings
- 1 Chainmail boots
- 1 stick (Sharpness 3) [Named: Brutal Police Baton]
- 1 Bow (Infinity 1) [Named: Tazer]
- 1 Arrow (Unbreaking 3) [Named: Tazer Ammo]
- 5 Bread
Hunter
Warden
- 1 Chainmail Chestplate
- 1 Leather pants
- 1 Chainmail Boots
- 1 stick (Sharpness 3) [Named: Police Baton]
- 1 Bow (Infinity 1)
- 1 Arrow (Unbreaking 3) [Named: Tazer Ammo]
- 5 Bread

Random or choose kits?:
The kits are randomly chosen

Screenshots:

Notes:- The map theme is an Overgrown Prison with many cells and a secret Torture room underground.
- The roof is Forbidden area

Buildbox warp:/warp OvergrownPrison

Config File:( I didn't know how to paste in the whole stuff so here you can download the file)

EDIT: edited the leather armor in the thread but not in the config file

Last edited:

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Hello Demonic!

Thanks for submitting a map.

The kits seem fairly balanced which is great, because there won't be any overpowered or underpowered players based on kits.

The map looks pretty nice and does indeed look like a prison. ;)

Are any blocks nobreak/noplace? I don't seem to see it anywhere in your main post. And the thing about the roof being 'forbidden,' if it's forbidden enderpearls should be removed/blocks can't be placed so people can't get up there.

I would like to be given permission to access the chests to make sure nothing can be a problem. Once that is done, I'll vote but for now it's a 0 leaning towards a +1.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I looked at it in person and I have to say it surprised me. Leaning towards what asae said, did you intend people to be able to enter the fence area by the doors? Or just in general? Overall though, I really do like the map and think it's worth a shot.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I looked at it in person and I have to say it surprised me. Leaning towards what asae said, did you intend people to be able to enter the fence area by the doors? Or just in general? Overall though, I really do like the map and think it's worth a shot.
My intention is to make it as real as possible although the players aren't to go through the doors in the fence area.

Reactions: chicken23456789
Y

YouWould

Okay, so I've flown through the whole thing twice, looking for specific things. (Problem with size, chests, items, etc.) I really like the build of the map and the general feel, along with little things like the spoon in a chest with a hole leading out of the prison and sponges in the showers. When I went through, however, I don't recall seeing any armor (Besides the pilot helmets) but I don't think this is a huge problem, or even really a problem. You changed the name of the suicide ball, so no problem there. The kits seem balanced, too.

I think I started to ramble a little there, so just take my
+1

Edit: Upon further review, the enchant potions have little use and there is too much of a heavy reliance on kits. Normally I would be fine, but in this situation a jug round fucks everyone. Changing my vote to a 0 unless I can see some chest modification (More swords/armor)
Also Airkid is a noob

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: chicken23456789

Airkid

Reaction score
Thanks for submitting this map!

I haven't noticed any major problems with the map, just some minor things that could need changing. I don't have any issues with the kits buts perhaps it would be a better idea to dye the leather armour in the survivor's kit orange? Just so it fits with the theme of the map a bit more.

I personally don't think there are enough hiding spots in the map for survivors to be able to survive 8 minutes, so creating an entrance to the back of the prison/in between the iron bars is just something that I had in mind.

I found a three strength potions in a few rooms - I've got no problem with there being strength potions in the map, but three is a bit too much. AoD often only has around 5 players and if a hunter is up against three people with 8 minute strength potions, he/she is doomed. I'd prefer it if was shortened to maybe 1 potion? Just my opinion though.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Thanks for submitting this map!

I haven't noticed any major problems with the map, just some minor things that could need changing. I don't have any issues with the kits buts perhaps it would be a better idea to dye the leather armour in the survivor's kit orange? Just so it fits with the theme of the map a bit more.

I personally don't think there are enough hiding spots in the map for survivors to be able to survive 8 minutes, so creating an entrance to the back of the prison/in between the iron bars is just something that I had in mind.

I found a three strength potions in a few rooms - I've got no problem with there being strength potions in the map, but three is a bit too much. AoD often only has around 5 players and if a hunter is up against three people with 8 minute strength potions, he/she is doomed. I'd prefer it if was shortened to maybe 1 potion? Just my opinion though.
I removed 2 potions and i probably made a mistake cause I wanted 3 minute strenght instead of 8 minutes so i replaced the 8 mins for 3 mins. And I made the map as a pvp map, not really a search n destroy map...

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I cannot remember for the life of me if it's been changed, but I believe it's difficult to add coloured armour to kits. You might need to use colour codes, or have dyes in kits. (I have no idea what the current easiest way to do it is)

Nice map though!

Reactions: Mastersten

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
http://imgur.com/jtNMNmK Auto +1 from me
Anyways, thank you for submitting a map!!!
The map thus far is balance with the items it has but their is two iron sword and not another sword( maybe I missed other I could be wrong). Is this a kit based map? Also it's quiet small for a prison and bland. I was walking around expecting more rooms but I could find any. Maybe add an underground floor that the old jail mates made with secret passageways through out the prison? Add some more foliage inside and out the prison, it's overgrown after all. It's up to you but right now it's an -1. I believe it isn't up to the standers were it would be an enjoyable game. If you can fix/answer what I have said above then I will considered fixing my vote.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
http://imgur.com/jtNMNmK Auto +1 from me
Anyways, thank you for submitting a map!!!
The map thus far is balance with the items it has but their is two iron sword and not another sword( maybe I missed other I could be wrong). Is this a kit based map? Also it's quiet small for a prison and bland. I was walking around expecting more rooms but I could find any. Maybe add an underground floor that the old jail mates made with secret passageways through out the prison? Add some more foliage inside and out the prison, it's overgrown after all. It's up to you but right now it's an -1. I believe it isn't up to the standers were it would be an enjoyable game. If you can fix/answer what I have said above then I will considered fixing my vote.
The map is mostly kit based so that is one of the reasons why there aren't much weapons and armor (except for the riot masks) also I made an underground tunnel network through the cellblocks and I'm gonna add more vines (If I'm allowed to edit the map while the voting is still going?)

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
Ok, yes you are able to edit that the map while the voting is going on. Also I'm not 100% sure about this but I think because it's heads not armor the game does it register the protection into it. So it's like wearing nothing. Like I said I'm not 100% sure.

Cstar

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
After looking at the map I'm really torn about this. I really love the concept of the map, but the execution is not what I would have liked. One thing I want to see is just upping the "overgrown" part in some rooms. Maybe a few pieces of armor or some tools in the chests would help too as they seem a little bare at the moment. So right now I'm going with a -1 although I'd be willing to change my vote depending on what modifications you do to the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.