Our Teamspeak Server and you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score

Hello there! I'm here to tell you more about EscapeRestart's Teamspeak 3, or TS3, server.

What is Teamspeak 3?
TS3 is a voice chat program intended for use by multiple people at the same time. If you've ever used Mumble, Ventrilo, or Skype, you're probably familiar with the concept. It also has support for text-based chat to be used in conjuction with speech if needed.

Who will I find on the TS3 server?
Anyone can join the TS3, as long as they follow the rules. That means you'll see players and staff from many different servers and of many different ranks interacting freely.

How do I get TS3?
Downloading TS3 is as easy as following this link to the download page and selecting the right download. After that, just run the installer and it will do the rest for you.

How do I set up TS3?
TS3 is very easy to set up - in fact, the only thing you really need to do is set up your microphone. A wizard will guide you through the process when you open it for the first time. These settings can always be changed!

There are two ways to use a microphone: voice activation and push to talk (sometimes abbreviated PTT). Voice activation will cause the mic to activate whenever it detects noise above a certain level, while PTT will let you set a button that will activate your mic (and can be used to do so even when TS3 is running in the background). Only use voice activation if you can control the noise levels around you. If you live in a noisy house or don't have headphones, don't use voice activation - nobody wants to hear an echo or random ambient noise, and it may get you kicked or even banned if you refuse to switch to PTT.

How do I connect to the EscapeRestart TS3 server?
After opening up TS3, click on the "Connections" menu at the top left, and then select "Connect" from the dropdown menu. Enter "ts.escaperestart.com" (without the quotes) into the "Server" text field, and enter your username in the one below it. For convenience, it's best to use a name you associate with other parts of EscapeRestart. If they're different, pick whichever one you're best recognized as - TS3 doesn't require you to register a username, so there's no hassle involved in changing it.

TS3 Server Rules
The rules that are enforced on the TS3 server may be found by selecting the channel labeled "The Lobby." They will show up in the tab on the right, and can be browsed at your leisure. Keep in mind that, in addition to the rules specific to the TS3 server, any forum rules that can be applied to the TS3 server are also in effect. This means no personal attacks, trolling, etc.

That's it!
You now know everything you need to get started in the TS3 server! It's a place to relax and hang out, so remember to have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.