Open discussion - Government seats

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Dear folks of Gaia,

Most of you know it, and it is actually undenyable.
Gaia is dying and members are falling apart.
Events are being made, but remain unfinished.
It is time for some action, but maybe not the way we are going currently.
Currently, we have 21 Gaians included; 1 Leader, 0 Lords, 0 Mayors and 3 High Gaians.
It might be time to change some government seats and some more organization.
We are not even in war or fighting, but finishing none of our projects.
So this is an open discussion about what we need to change in our base of members and possibly plans.
And I would like to let @Shadowofgods to start off.

With love,

Marnixxie

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
If I could recommend something,
maybe... in order of most power to least.
Leader
Secritaries in certain catagories
High Gaians
If the leader is gone, the secritaries (or some other name for them) can take hold of thier topic and regulate it. Whether its of PvP, Relations, or building!
The High Gaians can serve as a democrasy on certain decisions and provide thier opinion.
Le gusta?

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF A MEMBER IS INACTIVE DONT LEAVE THEM AS A OFFICAL. Warn then demote or people take advantage of it.
TS meetings pl0x?

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
If I could recommend something,
maybe... in order of most power to least.
Leader
Secritaries in certain catagories
High Gaians
If the leader is gone, the secritaries (or some other name for them) can take hold of thier topic and regulate it. Whether its of PvP, Relations, or building!
The High Gaians can serve as a democrasy on certain decisions and provide thier opinion.
Le gusta?

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF A MEMBER IS INACTIVE DONT LEAVE THEM AS A OFFICAL. Warn then demote or people take advantage of it.
TS meetings pl0x?
You could probably pick people most fit to be active, put them in the positions, and demote the inacties. (Everyone, from what I've been hearing :p) @Shadowofgods

Reactions: Duffie

Digitalis

Reaction score
So, total reboot of all ranks besides Leader?

Using what Arai said, I think we have some of these, "Secretaries", one for war, one for outer relations, one for town management, and one for general purposes. Maybe a lower ranking leader, for the purpose of if I'm away.

Digitalis

Reaction score
One mistake I made while leader was not letting the actual citizens with-in it in on the action (mostly because I was scared they'd do something I'd disagree with or muss it up)Marnixxie 's got a point.
Which is why I let everyone try to build in the capital. They just needed to apply on the gaia forums. Which, they don't even look at. :c

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Sorry but because of this thread: http://www.blocktopia.net/forum/threads/capital-building-regulations-and-rules.3161/
And because of the nice signs in the capital, no one is building and we are being stuck.
If you like to I can modify/remove all the signs.
Make some buildings with the other active Gaians, so we get something to do.
I must also say that I disagree with things being said in that thread.
But nevertheless, we are already waiting 4 months because of that thread and those signs, action please?

Guinessis

Reaction score
There have been so many rules and regulations attached to the capital that everyone has given up and moved far far away. Just from the top of my head:

Building the wall. Donated hours of time and stacks of stone brick to build it. Built it in accordance with requests from one council member. Was told the next day that it was all wrong by another council member. So I decided to pursue other projects that don't have so much oversight.

Building a road. I built a bridge and road to connect the capital to SV. A day later I'm told that the council hadn't decided the official road template yet, and I may have to rebuild. (Road template still hasn't been decided).

A few Gaians built a large tower about 100 blocks from the capital. It was deemed "to close" and that the "capital might need the room." They tear it down. (The capital still hasn't needed the space).

So everyone moves as far away from the capital as possible and builds their own villages.

Capital thread is posted, offering everyone the chance to have a 9x9 house for a monthly fee.

Nobody jumps at this amazing offer, deciding instead to stay in their own villages.

And here we are today, where the largest uninhabited region on the Gaia map is the capital.

TL;DR: Too many people stating rules and regulations without building anything.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I think there's a bit too much poo-hah involved and not enough people doing anything.
Why ask for monthly fees if noone is going to pay and you want people to help?
I'm not saying I don't like what Gaia is doing, but it isn't doing anything at all at the moment.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Fuck the police.

I was not there Guinessis, but I am sorry to hear that.
Capital does not need more room, after 4 months of doing barely anything with it.

Spaces of houses will/should be increased, no one wants to live in a damn box, I agree.
I am in the capital now Guin, and talked with other Gaians, but I think we need to "equalize" the heights.

If you still like to help us Guin, I will love you forever.