He discovered what is know as a Waypoint
Given enough time, this Waypoint could be our salvation
But today, time is not our friend
We have but one final task
We gather every resource
Every man
We build a fortress around this waypoint
And defend it to the last

Hi everyone, with DoD closing, we have decided to hold one last fun event to round the end of the server off. At x=-1000, z=-3000 you should find a super beacon, your task is to defend this beacon until its special power activates which will open an escape portal for everyone to leave in. Escape from what you might ask? It seems the purgers of the Barony, otherwise known as the Crimson, are out in force and are out to destroy everything in DoD. Well thats not such a bad thing, the server is ending after all! This is true, but depending on what happens here will dictate what sort of map we have for you to download after the closure of DoD, a glorious one with all your awesome builds or a map that has been completely destroyed...

If the crimson win here, not only will they kill everyone, but they will burn every village to the ground. So how can I defend this Waypoint? While the Waypoint cannot be moved, you are perfectly free to build as many defensive structures you can around it in the time you have left. No one clan may claim this, its up to you all to work together and build as great a defense as you can. Feel free to pvp around the beacon and practice your skills but make sure to return anything you win from fighting and don't harass people working on building the defenses either. We really hope you enjoy this one last event we have for you and I wish you all luck.

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
This will be an update for strength level of Crimson

What we know so far:
Day 1:
Scouts: Enderpearl, build ladders, 2 types
Snipers(Archer)
Warriors(Melee)

Will update as the apocalypse goes on

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
Memorial for great soldiers who died fighting for Discordia!

Day 1:
Froyd
Catcomics
Hockeymatt79

Strong Warriors and Heroes!

Day:1

77_is_the_best
asaechao

Great Architects of our base to keep out Crimson Scum!

Day:1
77_is_the_best
Old_man_oak
Nogtrog
asaechao
myusername
samlen

If i missed anything let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: 77thShad and froyd

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Been on for 5 hours for this event, been pretty fun!

Do note, if you find wood outposts filled with Crimsons (so far it's only been Crimson Scouts,) kill them and break down the outpost, so no more will spawn from that Outpost.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Alright after today, if there's still "such and such's chest. Do not touch!" I am moving it into community because we're all sharing stuff and having chests everywhere is ugly as shit. If you dont want people using your gear put it in your enderchest.

Edit: And whoever spawned all the snow golems :c

Edit 2: And dont build building out of obsidian. It weakens the beacons.

Last edited:

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Right just to restate a few things

1. You may not claim, the beacon or any part of the fortress as your personal property. Doing so will only cause you to be excluded from the final event.

2. Do not annoy the people trying to build, if I catch you doing this I'm simply going to tp you away from the fortress. Continue to do so and you will be excluded from the event.

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score

Day 2:
ShadeSlayer
Froyd

Day 2:
Froyd
Catcomics
Hockeymatt79

Day:2
aperson
asaechao
Hockeymatt

Asaechao
Samlen
Lovedaice
Shadeslayer
brad6310

Reactions: chicken23456789

Catcocomics

Reaction score
few things to note.

Firstly, I'd like to be given a zipped folder of the map right before the final event starts so I can make a DvZ-like mini-game for A&T. This mini game will have all the defenders from the actual event in the form of kits, will have it's own modes (I.E., differentiating between having only participants play has "heroes", vs randomly selected "heroes"), and I will make a special kit for people not given a "Hero" kit.

Secondly, I'd like further posts on this thread to either spell my IGN correctly, or refer to me as Miles.

Thirdly, these event reminds me immensely of Dwarves vs Zombies. How ever, there are a few key differences.
In DvZ, "dwarves" who die respawn as monsters, and it is typically impossible (or in some cases, stupidly difficult) for the dwarves to win, due to how the game is meant to test how long each group of dwarves can survive the monsters.

Final notes:
when I make this event into a mini-game, I will give the option of players being able to respawn as either a defender or a crimson. this option can not be changed during a game.
This mini-game will require no less than 20 players to function properly, so you'd better call for an adventurers' meet-up of some sort on the A&T thread before playing this map.
This mini-game may prove challenging, if possible, given the current availability of commands in 1.7.4 and will probably be unavailable until MC 1.8.
For the zipped folder, I will request that all participants place their full inventory into a labeled chest so that I can assign these inventories to appropriate kits.
Because this map will be structurally ready before I can work on it, I should be fully capable of completing it without assistance.
I would be very honored to make this mini-game.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
few things to note.

Firstly, I'd like to be given a zipped folder of the map right before the final event starts so I can make a DvZ-like mini-game for A&T. This mini game will have all the defenders from the actual event in the form of kits, will have it's own modes (I.E., differentiating between having only participants play has "heroes", vs randomly selected "heroes"), and I will make a special kit for people not given a "Hero" kit.

Secondly, I'd like further posts on this thread to either spell my IGN correctly, or refer to me as Miles.

Thirdly, these event reminds me immensely of Dwarves vs Zombies. How ever, there are a few key differences.
In DvZ, "dwarves" who die respawn as monsters, and it is typically impossible (or in some cases, stupidly difficult) for the dwarves to win, due to how the game is meant to test how long each group of dwarves can survive the monsters.

Final notes:
when I make this event into a mini-game, I will give the option of players being able to respawn as either a defender or a crimson. this option can not be changed during a game.
This mini-game will require no less than 20 players to function properly, so you'd better call for an adventurers' meet-up of some sort on the A&T thread before playing this map.
This mini-game may prove challenging, if possible, given the current availability of commands in 1.7.4 and will probably be unavailable until MC 1.8.
For the zipped folder, I will request that all participants place their full inventory into a labeled chest so that I can assign these inventories to appropriate kits.
Because this map will be structurally ready before I can work on it, I should be fully capable of completing it without assistance.
I would be very honored to make this mini-game.
When the day comes, I'd be honored to be among the first group to play/test the game Even though I'm too busy to attend the actual event don't hurt me :c

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
77_is_the_best

Don't forget the 8 stacks of iron blocks I wasted on Iron golems :3

Catcocomics

I was going to make a map like DvZ and also MW about a month ago but It's gameplay wouldn't easily be playable Within Adventure and Tournaments Since as you stated, you do require a large amount of people. And, along with only functioning You /DO/ need a large amount of commands like the original for it to function correctly. It's best having it as a server for the gameplay that is required, but then You would be blamed for Copying the original ;L

nathan

Reaction score

Day 2:
ShadeSlayer
Froyd

Day 2:
Froyd
Catcomics
Hockeymatt79

aperson
asaechao
Hockeymatt

Asaechao
Samlen
Lovedaice
Shadeslayer
brad6310

You forgot me I helped big time.:(
I was one of the builders and I also made some potions so could I be on the "heroes" list?:furious:

Is this running in English time?
:sleep: Because it might be like really early in England.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score

Day 2:
ShadeSlayer
Froyd

Day 2:
Froyd
Catcomics
Hockeymatt79

aperson
asaechao
Hockeymatt

Asaechao
Samlen
Lovedaice
Shadeslayer
brad6310

I cri every time ;'(

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
When will this thing be? Or is the event already underway (or did it already happen)?

Since I'll lose all the shit I've found, earned and bought on DoD anyways, free armor/swords at my place (or when I come to the waypoint)!

Also what exactly are these "Crimson"? Will you just spawn a ton of hostile mobs or do we have to fight Terre and buildbuild?

EDIT: Nevermind, our inside man asaechao can provide you all the details xD

Last edited:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
When will this thing be? Or is the event already underway (or did it already happen)?

Since I'll lose all the shit I've found, earned and bought on DoD anyways, free armor/swords at my place (or when I come to the waypoint)!

Also what exactly are these "Crimson"? Will you just spawn a ton of hostile mobs or do we have to fight Terre and buildbuild?
Main event will be after nearest meeting recap.

Nice :3

Cusstom mobs, that are OP as Terre and Buildbuild - like in these temples.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I think the chance I have of making a DvZ map for A&T using the DoD map is even less than previously thought. Unless there is anyone who can give me the map file for it in any way/shape/form, we'll have to be victorious in this event AND ensure that none of us die.
Plus, it's still going to be a chore with getting player inventories if they don't have time to put their items into chests.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I think the chance I have of making a DvZ map for A&T using the DoD map is even less than previously thought. Unless there is anyone who can give me the map file for it in any way/shape/form, we'll have to be victorious in this event AND ensure that none of us die.
The short answer is you will not be allowed a copy of the map early, pre-closure.
Anyone somehow obtaining a copy of the map will be in trouble. Not to mention there has never been a map released before the closing and before the high ups have time to make it available with legal blah blah if I recall correctly could be wrong it could just be formatting the map.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jubjubers