On The Horizon #1

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
On The Horizon #1

We are now one week after SMP’s release and despite a rocky launch, player-count is looking decent:

However personally I am not happy with the state of the server, and even more disappointed at myself that I cannot say that Dungeons will be ready at the date it was said it would be ready (4 January). To keep expectations realistic and to prevent anymore wrong release dates, I've decided to this little update post to let you guys know what we're working on and when to expect it.

-----​
  • Outposts
    Previously named Capture Points, Outposts are basically an area which can be captured by towns in exchange for rewards. The first three outposts will be located in Castle Concord, Orthage Fortress and Seahaven. Currently, the planned rewards are a decent amount of emeralds per hour and a nice SkillAPI XP buff. This feature should ship this weekend if all goes according to plan.
  • Trade Routes
    This is something else that is planned in the future, something put in place to encourage travelling in the PvP zone. The idea behind it is that you would buy an item for a set amount of emeralds, which then has to be handed in at another town for an even larger amount of emeralds. You could only have one of these items in your inventory at the same time and it would drop on death and let others sell it instead. While you're holding the item, all transport options would be disabled, so you're forced to take a risk in running the route. I want to know what you think of this before we decide to implement it.
  • Classes
    Classes are currently on hold except for the minor balancing that’s been happening.
  • Mobs and Items
    As part of the Invaders update, certain mobs will start spawning in the PvP zone. These mobs will have the chance to start a World Boss battle on death, which will be the only source of the upcoming Epic weapons. This is suspected to launch in mid-January.
  • Quests
    The main quest line should be live within a few days, it is story focused with multiple paths to pick from depending on how you want to do it. These quests will give a solid amount of XP to make it worth the trouble.
  • Dungeons
    The current state we’re at is that we do have several dungeons built, but some of their mob/boss mobs are unfinished and untested. The content is still being developed and we should have five dungeons ready for release soon. We might run some no-loot test runs beforehand to gauge the balance for the dungeons, but we’ll keep you updated on that.
  • Economy
    The economy is being expanded daily and will continue to be improved as we go on.
  • Settlements
    The settlement system is in place but we plan on making changes to allow Empires to be less of a direct upgrade and more like a conglomeration of cities for their benefit.