old lobby [MAP IDEA]

iMilan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have an idea for a new gamemap, but I won't make it because the map is already made!; but not as gamemap! Because we are getting a new lobby next week, maybe it is funny to add timers to the old lobby, and make a map of it!

I'd love to hear what you all think of this idea.

- iMilan

H

Harold1995

I kinda really like this idea xD
Would be fun to play in the lobby you are used to as normal lobby.
Would aslo bring nostalgia;)

• Agree
Reactions: crafter and iMilan
W

Wimali

Although I actually thought of this idea myself, I don't think it's executable. The lobby contains a lot of lava and is basically a huge floating building in the air. It has some pretty OP stuff (i.e. a lot of anvils, level 30 enchantment table, etc.). I like the idea, but don't think it would work.

• Informative
Reactions: crafter
H

Harold1995

Although I actually thought of this idea myself, I don't think it's executable. The lobby contains a lot of lava and is basically a huge floating building in the air. It has some pretty OP stuff (i.e. a lot of anvils, level 30 enchantment table, etc.). I like the idea, but don't think it would work.
What if we were to make them unbreakable, or destroy them, repkace them? That could work also the lava fountains could be turned into water if neccesary, With a little trouble it should work. It's a to precious idea to let go:)

Also a non nature terrian map is cool:p

Reactions: Pikmon2
W

Wimali

What if we were to make them unbreakable, or destroy them, repkace them? That could work also the lava fountains could be turned into water if neccesary, With a little trouble it should work. It's a to precious idea to let go:)

Actually, that still wouldn't work. The physics on the lobby are edited or something, turned off, I dunno. If you were to use the map in a normal environment, the lava/water would start flowing. (which I noticed when downloading the lobby and looking at it in singleplayer)

H

Harold1995

Actually, that still wouldn't work. The physics on the lobby are edited or something, turned off, I dunno. If you were to use the map in a normal environment, the lava/water would start flowing. (which I noticed when downloading the lobby and looking at it in singleplayer)
Ahwell ok the lava/water is a problem. But still I see no reason not to
It could be a perfect map:) If only it would be for awhile.
I wouldn't mind editing it so it would fit into the rotation.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score

Everything is World-guarded so you have to place lava block by block.. etc so there is no flowing lava. However water from my knowledge still works the same.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score

Everything is World-guarded so you have to place lava block by block.. etc so there is no flowing lava. However water from my knowledge still works the same.

Isn't there water in the Expert's Dwelling?

Plus, the lobby isn't exactly square-shaped... It's very long in the rankup-hall area, and will take a looong time to flood. Also KoTL dispencers and chests need to be removed, as well as the anvils and ender chests and stuff... Ooh and the beacons need to be removed... Plus there's a TON of redstone on the roof of the lobby in order to light lanterns and stuff... Oh, and most of its walls are wood, which means that the entire thing will burn down the first wave... There's also other stuff in the lobby that normally players shouldn't be able to get into... The giant obsidian wall would be a huge resource that needs to be removed... Plus there's a bunch of pre-made houses underneath stairs, the one I'm thinking of is under the Expert stairs... Oh, and the entire Tutorial is a pre-made home...

Welp. This idea is a fine idea, and I think that it would be playable with a lot of modifications, but in its current state the lobby isn't really that good of a map.

D

DarkHender

It sounds like a nice idea but I would rather it didnt become a map due to all the work that would have to go through to make it playable, and all the things that are inside the lobby that the above comments have already went over.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Well, if you compare the time it takes to adapt it versus the time it takes to make a new map from scratch...

I could do it if the higher-ups gave me permission to download the lobby map file and modify it, but probably not 'cuz secrets...

Dunno. Maybe?

iMilan

Reaction score
All the worldguard etc, that are just plugins which can be turned off when we make a map of it. And maybe the lava is a problem, but without the lava still the map is recognizable.