Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
In-game username: Ogarci

Time-zone:
GMT -5
How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
Between 5-6 hours depending on several factors. I am scheduled to work 48 hours each week at my current job and end up working around 50.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
The base responsibility of an Operator is to ensure that the day to day operations of the server run smoothly and to the best standard. They enforce the rules in place. They handle situations that occur with players and ensure that fair punishment occurs in the even it needs to take place. Above all, they ensure that the server is a fun place to be.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I am the previous Director of the Rituals of Fire server and have a large amount of staffing experience preceding my Directorship. I've trained many staff members and have a large amount of experience within RoF and for the most part have been with it from the beginning. To this day I continue to support the upper leadership of RoF along with operators when my knowledge of the server is needed.

I currently hold a leadership position at my job and I bring with me the values, guiding principles, experience, and professionalism that I have learned and acquired during the 4+ years I've been with my company.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I can tend to be full of myself and be a cocky prick, and I know it. I tend to think that I know everything and that I'm the absolute best at what I do. I have this same issue at my workplace and it is something that I as an individual have been working on to remedy.

I also tend to neglect things that I lose interest in. This is the reason that I left my Director position. I lost interest in the server and the community in general, and began to neglect my duties. If I lost interest in a project, I tend to forget about it. There have been many a project on RoF that I start and never finish or only finish when I become pressured to do it. The other side to this coin is that when I do have things hold my interest I put forth 110% effort to make it happen and do not relent until it is completed.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I would begin by asking my peers or those that I feel knowledgeable on the subject. If I cannot receive a trusted answer here, I would begin working from the bottom up of the chain of command until I can receive a solution the the problem. For example, in an Operator position, I would ask fellow Operators first, then a Veteran Operator if available, then Controller, etc.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
As mentioned above, I am the previous Director of Rituals of Fire. Before that I was a Controller of Classic Lava Survival. I have also held a Veteran Operator position on a previous SMP server, as well as an Operator position on CMP (later Primordia).

Statement of Good Faith: (I felt this needed to be here)
Concerning my current OnTime levels; there is a 48 hour (all time) requirement to post an application. While I have not met this standard according the the plugin currently, I know any minded individual knows that I have spent more than 48 hours on the server. I know there might be concerns about my current activity level and possibly my future activity.

In response, to whom it may concern, I am here to stay. Despite whatever rank I may hold past, present, or future, I will be with Rituals of Fire until it ends. I hold an unparalleled amount of love and care for the server and this was not something I realized that I had lost sight of until it was too late to return. There is a feeling that you can only feel when you create something, and I hold that for RoF. The server is my child and my priority lies to her and this community and seeing both thrive to their full potential.

References: Andy, Kevin_28, (Possibly Hoogilan?), WiiGoGetter

Last edited:

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Why the hell did you decide to resign? You silly bugger +[BCOLOR=#ffffff]1[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]And yes I gave you my ref, sorry I made it confusing c;[/BCOLOR]

• Thank You
Reactions: Ogarci

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhhhh... Yea, abso-freakin-lutely you can have my +1

Ogar, I've known you for quite a while since I was HC of Lava. You're a terrific staff member and you performed very well as a Director. There is no doubt in my mind that you will excel coming back as a ROF staff member. At times, it's very easy to lose sight of why we get into this thing. It's always good to take a step back to remember that we got into this thing because of our love for the server and, more importantly, the player base. We don't do this for the sake of rank/status, achievement, or to make ourselves seem important like we're god's gift to blocktopia.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ogarci
Status
Not open for further replies.